deposit to Thai bank on line?

hi folks,

Iast week i've opend a new bank ccount in Kbank (Kasikorn). I wonder: is there any way to deposit money online strairght to my account, without asking my bank to TT - so i will save the fees

can i deposit with debit/credit card on line?

thanks.

To deposit using your foreign debit/credit card you would need to go to the bank to do a combo counter withdrawal using your card with deposit. You'll need your passport and passbook. I do it all the time. The Thai bank will not charge a fee a counter withdrawal (a.k.a., cash advance some people call it especially when using a credit card).

However, there may be fees from your "card-issuing bank" like if your card-issuing bank applies a foreign transaction (3% is typical for debit/credit cards)....and a card-issuing bank cash advance fee of 3% is typical if using credit card plus any foreign transaction fee which might be another 3%...and with a credit card interest starts occurring day one of the cash withdrawal...no grace period like for purchases...so to avoid interest charges you will need to log onto your card account and prepay or pay off same day to avoid interest charges.

There is no standardization among Thai bank branches as to if they will accept a debit or credit card for a counter withdrawal...some will not for a debit card---they just point you to their ATM machines...but all should accept credit cards. I've found that to be the case in me trying to use my debit and credit cards for counter withdrawals. The debit/credit cards I use for cash withdrawal are no foreign transaction fee and no cash advance fee cards.

thanks mate.

I'm talking about "on line payment" as a deposit.as i do not live in Thailand, at present time.
the only thing i can think about is open a thai paypal account an configure my bank account there. and make deposits with my thai paypal....

No can-do-online like using your Thai ibanking to tap your foreign debit/credit card; you have to go to your a bank with passport and passbook like my post covered.

Otherwise, you have to use another online method like a TT/wire/SWIFT/electronic transfer or maybe use PayPal (which is really just another form of electronic transfer) but when using a Thai PayPal account to tap a non-Thai debit/credit card (if you even can tap a foreign card...I think you can only tap certain Thai bank cards) you get the crappy PayPal exchange rate which is a fee in disguise.