Bringing Beerlao back to Thailand?

Hey, I am going to Laos soon, and I would like to bring Beerlao back to Thailand with me. Is there a limit on how many bottles you can bring back for customs? Ideally, I'd love to bring a case as it is much cheaper there than here for the beer. And much fresher.

I think one case will be fine. When I was at the crossing in Mukdahan on the Thai side. I noticed the customs notice stating that only one carton of cigs per person and 1litre of spirits, nothing about beer. I have come through Nong Khai before with 2 six packs of beer Lao and had no problems.

I think one case will be fine. When I was at the crossing in Mukdahan on the Thai side. I noticed the customs notice stating that only one carton of cigs per person and 1litre of spirits, nothing about beer. I have come through Nong Khai before with 2 six packs of beer Lao and had no problems.

Theoretically isn't it one litre of Alcohol? Irrespective of strength.

How much cheaper is it as it is available in most 7/11s at 56 baht a small bottle?

Theoretically isn't it one litre of Alcohol? Irrespective of strength.

How much cheaper is it as it is available in most 7/11s at 56 baht a small bottle?

Volume wise, you are correct but I said spirits. Spirits being being i.e. whiskey, vodka, gin and the rest. A Thai person I was traveling with had 6 bottles of wine at 75cl each and they had no problems. Beer and wine comes under a different set of rules than spirits. It's the same if you use the duty free between France and England.

"you can bring back for customs?" I'm sure customs will accept any amount you wish to bring them. Maybe 1 carton is all they will let you keep for yourself.

On another note. What's with all the freshness bit ? No doubt I'll be corrected on this, but here's my take on beer age. New, freshly brewed beer tastes off. In Aus it's classed as "green beer". I know numerous seasoned beer drinkers that will let "green beer" season for at least a few months before consuming. Maybe it's a localized thing ?

Unfortunately no Beerlao in my 7-11. Have to travel to Tops in Sakon Nakhon sad.png65฿. small bottle. Expensive drinking. Oh, that's for Lao dark. A great drop.

"Well, in Laos, it is around 40baht (8,000 kip) for a big bottle. And plus it is fresher..... and tastes better than Thai beer." How can Beerlao purchased in Laos taste better than that purchased in Thailand ? Isn't all Beerlao brewed in the same brewery ?

Anyway..... have a great day & happy drinking.

I travel to Laos often. Between my wife's bags, my bags and my 5year olds bags we max out the limitations and then some.

Never had a problem (train not plane).

"Well, in Laos, it is around 40baht (8,000 kip) for a big bottle. And plus it is fresher..... and tastes better than Thai beer." How can Beerlao purchased in Laos taste better than that purchased in Thailand ? Isn't all Beerlao brewed in the same brewery ?

Anyway..... have a great day & happy drinking.

Indeed its brewed at the same brewery.

But there is still a chance that the export lot differs from the domestic one (amount of preservatives e.g.).

I have given up to buy beer from Germany (even occasionally) for that reason. Its not the same.