Anybody seen one of these around?

Anthony5

Seen them all over...Central Department housewares department, Foodland, kitchenwares store next to foodland, Villa Market.

Other then foodland I don't visit any of the stores you mention, but I looked at Big C and Makro today and that was a negative.

They scare the hell out of me and I've been trying hard to avoid them as they seem to be everywhere. Late this afternoon one of them caught me again hanging out in my cup of hot water, nearly had to call 911

(with sincere apologies to Anthony for venting my boredom in his thread)sorry.gif

Seen them all over...Central Department housewares department, Foodland, kitchenwares store next to foodland, Villa Market.

Other then foodland I don't visit any of the stores you mention, but I looked at Big C and Makro today and that was a negative.

Admitting to ignoring the shops that are known to have what you want while detailing time wasted looking in shops that weren't mentioned as having them.

Priceless.

Admitting to ignoring the shops that are known to have what you want while detailing time wasted looking in shops that weren't mentioned as having them.

Priceless.

A member with a chip on his shoulder, trying to start an argument over a tea leaf strainer, because he can't even figure out that I went to the shops before I started the thread.

Priceless.

Priceless.

A member with a chip on his shoulder, trying to start an argument over a tea leaf strainer, because he can't even figure out that I went to the shops before I started the thread.

Priceless.

. Beautiful, Just to Antagonize is the job he holds... Edited by Dannyboy666

Priceless.

Priceless.

Tea strainer...I thought they were nipple and ball clamps ?

Of course, places selling loose leaf tea would also have them...maybe Bon Cafe in Naklua and there used to be a tea stand in Big C north Pattaya. Also a tea shop on N. Pattaya Road just down from Lotus (same side).

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Priceless.

Priceless.

Other then foodland I don't visit any of the stores you mention, ...

Hey, but who's arguing eh?

More to the point, have you found one yet?

Edited by NanLaew

Priceless.

Priceless.

you received a number of choices your reply was I don't shop in those stores. somebody recommended s shop that you do frequent and you asked what section. duh would you like us to buy it for you and deliver it. pathetic

Priceless.

Priceless.

you received a number of choices your reply was I don't shop in those stores. somebody recommended s shop that you do frequent and you asked what section. duh would you like us to buy it for you and deliver it. pathetic

I think it is you who are pathetic if you consider it inappropriate if I ask in which section of a probably +5000m² store I should look. Seems that Beachproperty didn't consider that pathetic, since he kindly replied to my question.

As for my reply to OMGinpattaya, I only informed that I haven't seen them in the shops he mentioned, since I don't shop there. Nothing to do with refusing his advice, but hey if you want an argument you can have one.

Now since you are active in the Chiangmai and Bangkok forum, I wonder what you wanted to add to a thread that has as topic locating an item in Pattaya. Let me guess, was it just that chip playing up again?

Anything else you wanted to add?

I found my tea strainer, the second picture in the OP, at foodland for 67 Baht. Next door a smaller one was 177 Baht. Thanks for the suggestions.

This thread can be closed now.

Edited by Anthony5

What is it with tea drinkers? First the Boston Tea Party, and now the Great Pattaya Tea Ball Hostilities of 2015. Keep going. This is fun. :) Up next: Savagery, severed limbs and cannibalism in the Little Pinky vs No Pinky debate.

The balls can be bought in Central Festival, top floor. Next to the Muay Thai gloves and the bandages. No, I jest. No gloves on that floor.

Buy teabags.

100 gram Japanese green tea Ban Cha is 109 Baht at foodland.

A teabag is normally 2 gram, and for 100 Baht you will find a box of 10 at best, so that would mean 500 Baht for 100 gram.

You forgot to factor in the extra labour costs involved by not using teabags & the time and money spent washing the strainer. Could be a clincher; unless you don't put much value on your own time. And don't forget, you can re-use teabags. My girlfriend makes my tea for me & she's priceless.

Make Sure It's Matcha Green Tea, 140x More Antioxidants, They Sell as a Powder , Also

Seen it around anywhere in Thailand at affordable price?

See that it trades on Amazon at 6 times the price of the Ban Cha, so I'm not sure I will make sure it's Matcha.

In the mean time I have discovered that the strainer actually was waisted money, since it doesn't suit for my purpose.

I make 1.5 liter of green tea at the time, and make 2 brews so a total of 3 liter, but with the strainer the leafs can't expand to their full capacity.

So I drop them now in the 1.5 liter pot and pour hot water on it.When ready I pour the tea through a strainer in the bottle and store it in the fridge .

After easy to remove the leafs from the pot.

I saw a large tea strainer that could have been suitable for my purpose at the shop next to foodland, but they wanted something like 900 Baht for it, so I passed on that one.

Buy teabags.

100 gram Japanese green tea Ban Cha is 109 Baht at foodland.

A teabag is normally 2 gram, and for 100 Baht you will find a box of 10 at best, so that would mean 500 Baht for 100 gram.

You forgot to factor in the extra labour costs involved by not using teabags & the time and money spent washing the strainer. Could be a clincher; unless you don't put much value on your own time. And don't forget, you can re-use teabags. My girlfriend makes my tea for me & she's priceless.

Don't forget real tea aficionados won't touch tea from a bag. (I'm not a real tea aficionado, BTW, but I have some friends...) Their claim is that the bagged tea is stale, overprocessed, made from the stems and seeds of the tea leaves, and overwhelmed by the taste of the paper from the bag. I have to admit, some of the tea they've poured for me is superior, but they also buy premium tea leaves at a premium price.

Personally, I like tea the way they serve it in China, with the tea leaves floating in the teacup. It's an acquired taste, though- and takes a little time to get used to chewing on the leaves.

The other option for tea aficionados is to buy a French coffee press- available all over town.

Edited by impulse

Make Sure It's Matcha Green Tea, 140x More Antioxidants, They Sell as a Powder , Also

See that it trades on Amazon at 6 times the price of the Ban Cha, so I'm not sure I will make sure it's Matcha.

. On my way back to Thailand, I bought at Costco 100 bags 500baht for Matcha

Can you post a map where in Pattaya, or even Thailand for that matter, the Costco shop is located?

Can you post a map where in Pattaya, or even Thailand for that matter, the Costco shop is located?

they never claimed they bought it in Thailand. they said on their way back to THAILAND they bought it

they never claimed they bought it in Thailand. they said on their way back to THAILAND they bought it

Here is our Chiangmai argument seeker again, who definitely also has reading comprehension capabilities.

Let me read the question for you again.

I'm sure you are aware we are in Thailand, right?