Best Pork Satay

Beng

I must go and try it.

For some strange reason, it was never on sale in Muslim Malaysia or Indonesia. In fact, it was often difficult to find bacon.

I enjoy the freedom to eat whatever I want here, and also WHENever and no religious police guarding restaurant doors during fasting months.

The Hainan chicken rice restaurant at the Three Kings monument does pretty good satay pork to accompany the khao man gai.

Thanks. I have eaten there many times and thought they do only Kao mun Gai and Kao Soi.

Edited by Beng

There is a biggish open air BBQ that does an excellent moo satay on Ragang Rd, which runs between Kampamgdin Rd and Chang Klan Rd. Its about 150m on your right as you turn over a small bridge after leaving Kampangdin Rd. They make as good a satay as I've had. Condiments supplied.

Edited by Saan

Kind of confused with the request. Satay muu is literally everywhere and pretty standard. I doubt that there is a best place as it is just a standard recipe. The peanut sauce tends to vary a little and Ajaad is pretty hard to screw up as well.

Unless it is a muslim shop, the majority of satay in CM is pork. Much more rare to find chicken satay here.

The Hainan chicken rice restaurant at the Three Kings monument does pretty good satay pork to accompany the khao man gai.

Thanks. I have eaten there many times and thought they do only Kao mun Gai and Kao Soi.

They don't do khao soi... perhaps it's a different place. The one I am referring to is on the south side of the one way street opposite the Thre Kings (Inthawarorot Road), and on the east side of a small soi running due south (Phrapokklao Soi 11). I have been eating there for 25 years, but I don't know the name... They do chicken as well as pork satay.

Edited by dru2

They don't do khao soi... perhaps it's a different place. The one I am referring to is on the south side of the one way street opposite the Thre Kings (Inthawarorot Road), and on the east side of a small soi running due south (Phrapokklao Soi 11). I have been eating there for 25 years, but I don't know the name... They do chicken as well as pork satay

I don't know this place. Could you put up a link to google maps ? Cheers.

Much more rare to find chicken satay here.

That new area in the Night Bazaar - where the climbing wall used to be - with the pop-up restaurants has it. I think they have pork too. The little shop has a cool name, but I can't remember it!

There is a biggish open air BBQ that does an excellent moo satay on Ragang Rd, which runs between Kampamgdin Rd and Chang Klan Rd. Its about 150m on your right as you turn over a small bridge after leaving Kampangdin Rd. They make as good a satay as I've had. Condiments supplied.

Cheers. I drive past that place all the time. Your info make me think its time to stop in.

Much more rare to find chicken satay here.

That new area in the Night Bazaar - where the climbing wall used to be - with the pop-up restaurants has it. I think they have pork too. The little shop has a cool name, but I can't remember it!

Or directly opposite, down Soi Islam as the locals call it, at one one of the restaurants down the end they do a very nice chicken satay. Only catch is it seems to be lunch hours i.e. 12-2pm approximate only.

"Or directly opposite, down Soi Islam as the locals call it, at one one of the restaurants down the end they do a very nice chicken satay."

Perhaps reading my entire post and not just a highlighted section you would have noticed, I mentioned that it is harder to find Chicken at Non Muslim places. Not that I need directions to find a place that sells it. Pork is just the normal meat for satay in the North and is found at most places that make it. Chicken isn't the standard/traditional meat for satay here.

I must go and try it.

For some strange reason, it was never on sale in Muslim Malaysia or Indonesia. In fact, it was often difficult to find bacon.

I enjoy the freedom to eat whatever I want here, and also WHENever and no religious police guarding restaurant doors during fasting months.

Something I loathed about visiting Malaysia, which is a great place except for some of what you mentioned. Could never force myself to eat that Imitation Bacon served at breakfast, even in the best of Hotels.

I must go and try it.

Something I loathed about visiting Malaysia, which is a great place except for some of what you mentioned. Could never force myself to eat that Imitation Bacon served at breakfast, even in the best of Hotels.

It always seemed a bit hypocritical to serve up 'beef bacon' ; if they loathe pork so much, why copy it? They do the same in Indonesia. You have to find a Chinese-run shop to buy such things.

I must go and try it.

It always seemed a bit hypocritical to serve up 'beef bacon' ; if they loathe pork so much, why copy it? They do the same in Indonesia. You have to find a Chinese-run shop to buy such things.

How about all the mock (muck??) tofu meats?

Veggies and tofu can be great tasting and healthy while that processed fried fake meat is neither.

Maybe it sells as the vegans don't know what meat taste like to begin with :)

Kind of confused with the request. Satay muu is literally everywhere and pretty standard. I doubt that there is a best place as it is just a standard recipe. The peanut sauce tends to vary a little and Ajaad is pretty hard to screw up as well.

Unless it is a muslim shop, the majority of satay in CM is pork. Much more rare to find chicken satay here.

This is opening a big can or worms (or beans)

"BEST" place is not only an absolute (sometimes I want a particular dish prepared another way which make it just different) but one of personal taste so best to you can be one I don't particularly care for.

I have had excellent to poor peanut sauces and Ajaad that I wouldn't touch and others I've had another order of Moo Stick just to get.

As for the Satay Muu, some I like more then others but as it's more of a convenience snack for my kids we just grab it when it looks good.

They don't do khao soi... perhaps it's a different place. The one I am referring to is on the south side of the one way street opposite the Thre Kings (Inthawarorot Road), and on the east side of a small soi running due south (Phrapokklao Soi 11). I have been eating there for 25 years, but I don't know the name... They do chicken as well as pork satay.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.78979,98.986364,3a,75y,166.32h,93.32t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sHZI91Lp7JdolCsbixqaG3Q!2e0

(3 kings - 50 m south of the chicken rice/khao soi shop)

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.774473,99.001366,3a,90y,180h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMI7IPp55RxtEMWq5SZ28Gw!2e0

in front of chicken rice place on Charoen Prathet Rd - between Montfort Prathom and Pahalathai schools

Edited by cmsally

Can someone post a map location of the shop near the 3 kings monument please ?

Is this the place?...

That is the Khai soi / chicken rice place. You walk about 50 m south of that

South? I think east...