Texas shootout among rival biker gangs leaves 9 dead

webfact

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the NRA have to do with it?

What planet do you live on ?

And what planet do you live on? What, exactly does the NRA have to do, with a bunch of criminals having a shootout. Do you really think these guys got their weapons at Walmart? Do you really think that background checks, etc. is going to deter these people from buying a firearm? Their gang already, probably makes a good amount of money selling illegal firearms.

The NRA is part of the shoot em ups brigade. Easy to work out really, just look at what happens when people think guns are normal

What does the NRA have to do with it?

What planet do you live on ?

And what planet do you live on? What, exactly does the NRA have to do, with a bunch of criminals having a shootout. Do you really think these guys got their weapons at Walmart? Do you really think that background checks, etc. is going to deter these people from buying a firearm? Their gang already, probably makes a good amount of money selling illegal firearms.

The NRA is part of the shoot em ups brigade. Easy to work out really, just look at what happens when people think guns are normal

I never heard of the "shoot em ups brigade." Bikers shooting at each other has nothing to do with the NRA. This may come as a surprise to you but the NRA promotes gun safety, and has never suggested it was okay for bikers to settle their disputes by shooting each other.

You donot mess with Texas and these guys exemplify that.

It's this thuggish, knuckle dragging mentality that perpetuates the 'shoot now, ask questions later' gun violence in the US.

Most of the people in Texas are really nice people. Many are independent thinkers but they aren't criminals like these gangsters. These gangsters don't obey laws and any with a felony criminal record would be prohibited from owning or possessing a gun anyway.

These guys call themselves the "one percenters" as priding themselves being outside of mainstream society. They are pretty harmless to regular people as they aren't threatened for turf including drug sales territory by the average Joe. They can't go around attacking the regular population or they'd themselves get taken out as a small minority.

They should ban motorbikes, who ever heard of a shootout between rival bicycle gangs?

No, but I'm sure these bikers would invent it. Pedal-by shootings! Can you imagine they're having a shootout with the high sheriff and police? I can.

post-120659-0-39531200-1431990602_thumb.

Like how its okay to say Crackerville on here, but not N@@@@ville.

Saying on the news that bikers are now arming themselves and heading to Waco to take out the cops. Grab some popcorn.

One has to laugh, however, at what a bunch of fat, nasty, poor hygiene, teeth optional, dirty ****** bikers are. Hilarious. No wonder they always have fat hags on the back of their hogs.

Edited by Scott
profanity edited out

Police there say they have found chains, knives, brass knuckles and guns all over the scene

You'll be sleeping with your covers pulled over your head tonight, then, right? whistling.gif

attachicon.gif15.jpg

laugh.png

Hardly.

The right has a lot of negative imagination that if put to good thoughts could be awfully positive and productive to the society.

Remember, if one reads my posts over time especially, I own a handgun in the United States. I did in fact put it to good use one hot summer night in Georgia when I found myself outnumbered by several very strangely acting guyz who for some reason decided to put their focus on me at my home which is set at the end of a small isolated road and in an isolated area on a large man-made lake.

A gun worshiper I'm not however.

It's entirely practical and pragmatic.

I slept well in Georgia as I do elsewhere.

G'night.

Saying on the news that bikers are now arming themselves and heading to Waco to take out the cops. Grab some popcorn.

One has to laugh, however, at what a bunch of fat, nasty, poor hygiene, teeth optional, dirty mfers bikers are. Hilarious. No wonder they always have fat hags on the back of their hogs.

its okay to say Crackerville on here, but not N@@@@ville.

Crackerville was never a racist term.

One has to laugh, however, at what a bunch of fat, nasty, poor hygiene, teeth optional, dirty mfers bikers are. Hilarious. No wonder they always have fat hags on the back of their hogs.

Huh? That is a demeaning term that blacks use to refer to whites. Definitely derogatory and more so than the term "thug" which people like you refer to as racist. The cops of TV were just referring to the motorcycle dudes as thugs. I suppose he is a dumb butt that failed to see the thugs were white and not black.

Huh? That is a demeaning term that blacks use to refer to whites. Definitely derogatory and more so than the term "thug" which people like you refer to as racist. The cops of TV were just referring to the motorcycle dudes as thugs. I suppose he is a dumb butt that failed to see the thugs were white and not black.

No sale.

For one thing, I've never said using the word "thug" is racist. I rarely use the word "racist" in posts so lemme somewhat compensate for it in this one. smile.png

Using 'Crackerville' or redneck or bubba is not racist.

While a redneck may be racist, and the residents of Crackerville may be racists, using either term is not necessarily racist.

Hook 'em horns!

Edited by Publicus

Apparently 100 weapons were recovered at the scene, what Federal or State laws are their to enable law enforcement to stop & search to confiscate weapons when organised crime gangs attend meets?

Edited by simple1

Oh good, I wondered how long it was going to take for an ignorant, anti-gun comment. It's speculation at this point, but it's been known for biker, and other gangs to contain criminals. Criminals aren't supposed to possess firearms, there are already laws against that. Gangs also make money, through extortion, prostitution, selling drugs, and yes firearms. Do you really think those guys give a s++t about background checks?

Traffic lights? why have them, Law abiding citizens will stop any way.Do you think these guys give a s++t about traffic lights ?

I was listening to the radio on the way into work and I believe there were originally 190+ people arrested and now there have been 170+ charged in this melee.

Heard the same. It takes time to book folks on serious charges so I suspect the numbers will go higher as they process more of the arrested.

And even higher if out of state bikers are, in fact, coming to Texas to cause more mischief. My inkling is that every big bike on Texas highways will be subject to scrutiny for the next few weeks.

On another topic, they confiscated "over 100 weapons", but so far I haven't seen a breakdown of guns, knives, brass knuckles, etc.

Oh good, I wondered how long it was going to take for an ignorant, anti-gun comment. It's speculation at this point, but it's been known for biker, and other gangs to contain criminals. Criminals aren't supposed to possess firearms, there are already laws against that. Gangs also make money, through extortion, prostitution, selling drugs, and yes firearms. Do you really think those guys give a s++t about background checks?

Traffic lights? why have them, Law abiding citizens will stop any way.Do you think these guys give a s++t about traffic lights ?

Aren't you one of those, that are pushing for more stringent background checks, for example? How would that have prevented this?

It wouldn't, and that's why many of us don't take your comments seriously, or treat you with very much respect. As I said, you don't have clue, or realize just how ignorant you are of the situation.

Edited by beechguy

Let's find out who knows what's going on concerning guns and gun laws to separate them from those who are out in right field banging off pot shots in all directions.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns, an organization lobbying for stricter gun legislation, points out that 27.2 percent of guns purchased in Virginia (a state with lax gun control laws) are recovered after being used in a crime within two years of the original sale, which is almost five points higher than the national average, and according to the mayors' group, a strong indication of gun trafficking to criminals [source: Trace the Guns]. A 2009 study by Johns Hopkins University researchers found that cities in states with little regulation of gun dealers had guns passing into criminals' hands at two to four times the rate of cities in states with strict laws [source: ScienceDaily].

http://people.howstuffworks.com/10-questions-in-gun-control-debate.htm#page=9

Apparently 100 weapons were recovered at the scene, what Federal or State laws are their to enable law enforcement to stop & search to confiscate weapons when organised crime gangs attend meets?

Convicted felons are not allowed to possess firearms.

All a cop needs for a legal search is something as mundane a vehicle violation or a legitimate complaint of a criminal act.

Parolees are released under conditions. The police can stop and search a parolee at any time.

I anticipate that many of the people stopped will be in violation of existing laws in respect to firearms possession. Texas prisons are going to become even more crowded.

Aren't you one of those, that are pushing for more stringent background checks, for example? How would that have prevented this?

It wouldn't, and that's why many of us don't take your comments seriously, or treat you with very much respect. As I said, you don't have clue, or realize just how ignorant you are of the situation.

coffee1.gif

Both illegal possession of a gun and engaging in organized gang activity are federal offenses which result in heavy penalties and serious federal prison time.

These guys simply don't obey laws and passing more laws won't stop them. Murder is also illegal of course as is attacking people with knives but it all happened. These guys are right over the border from Mexico and can get all of the guns they want just as they do narcotics to use and sell and no US law will stop them until they are stopped by law enforcement the hard way.

Some people just have to do everything the hard way. I'm just very happy that no bystanders were hit.

Perspective: 27 Million people in Texas... about 18 million are adults - 18+, Less than 200 people got into a gunfight.

Texans do not support lawlessness and violence. These people will be punished for lawbreaking. Texas punishment for murder is very strong.

More perspective: There will always be tunneled vision propagandists on TVF to warp one violent happening where guns were used into some silly connection with the NRA. It is an agenda of leftists to warp - twist events in some way to blacken traditional America.

Even More Perspective: 100 million gun owners -- 4 million members of the NRA. There is NO CONNECTION IN THIS CASE - None whatsoever. People who bleat that meme of an NRA connection are the delusional Leftists I speak of - no lie is too big or too ridiculous. Leftist methodology The Big Lie ... repeat the lie, keep repeating the Big Lie ... make the BIG LIE a meme ... keep repeating until in the minds of the low information Democrat voter the BIG LIE is TRUTH...

With Leftists such as those who populate TVF -- distortions, lies, propaganda, exaggerations, embellishments, misrepresentations and out right fabrications of fact are okay -- with Leftists there is no stretch of the truth TOO FAR... because the end justifies the means you see. They have a good teacher in D.C.

All this hand wringing over that actions of less than 200 adults - when the Texas adult population is about 18 million. Even when the cause of death for the nine people are not yet publicized -- there could have been at least one death caused by use of a knife. What if there were two - three deaths by knifes - do you then condemn the NKA -- the National Knife Association ?

Perspective: 27 Million people in Texas... about 18 million are adults - 18+, Less than 200 people got into a gunfight.

Texans do not support lawlessness and violence. These people will be punished for lawbreaking. Texas punishment for murder is very strong.

More perspective: There will always be tunneled vision propagandists on TVF to warp one violent happening where guns were used into some silly connection with the NRA. It is an agenda of leftists to warp - twist events in some way to blacken traditional America.

Even More Perspective: 100 million gun owners -- 4 million members of the NRA. There is NO CONNECTION IN THIS CASE - None whatsoever. People who bleat that meme of an NRA connection are the delusional Leftists I speak of - no lie is too big or too ridiculous. Leftist methodology The Big Lie ... repeat the lie, keep repeating the Big Lie ... make the BIG LIE a meme ... keep repeating until in the minds of the low information Democrat voter the BIG LIE is TRUTH...

With Leftists such as those who populate TVF -- distortions, lies, propaganda, exaggerations, embellishments, misrepresentations and out right fabrications of fact are okay -- with Leftists there is no stretch of the truth TOO FAR... because the end justifies the means you see. They have a good teacher in D.C.

All this hand wringing over that actions of less than 200 adults - when the Texas adult population is about 18 million. Even when the cause of death for the nine people are not yet publicized -- there could have been at least one death caused by use of a knife. What if there were two - three deaths by knifes - do you then condemn the NKA -- the National Knife Association ?

Firearms killed 32,251 people in the United States in 2011, the most recent year for which the Centers for Disease Control has data

and they want to regulate firearms, what a bunch of loons........ guns dont kill people, criminals do!w00t.gif

Firearms killed 32,251 people in the United States in 2011, the most recent year for which the Centers for Disease Control has data

and they want to regulate firearms, what a bunch of loons........ guns dont kill people, criminals do!w00t.gif

You said "guns dont kill people, criminals do!" Great! You finally got something right. ,,, except for spelling.

Where ever and when ever guns and gun laws in the USA are discussed or debated, NRA dues-paying members are there to propagate the NRA line with fidelity.

They of course don't always identify themselves as NRA members if they identify themselves at all as such. It's really up to them anyway, but it would be informational and it would have a bearing on the discussions if the NRA types would fess up.

Because the NRA approach is that when you can't beat 'em, attack 'em and then try to dismiss 'em.

Yet it remains true that people who have the facts pound on the facts while people who don't have the facts have to pound on the table.

NRA people have their own set of facts and they pound on the table a lot too.

It anyway has been noted that while 100 million Americans own a firearm, there are more than 300 million firearms in the United States. It's further worth noting that only a relatively small number of heavily armed Americans have these weapons.

A survey by Hepburn et al. found that about 20% of the population own 65% of the individual firepower in the United States.

We're getting to know the 20% pretty well. The 20/Sixty-fivers.

Edited by Publicus

You forgot to scroll down your page to get more granularity. Most of those were accidents and suicides. 11,000 of those were homicides.

for comparison there were 34,000 highway fatalities in the US.

It's easy to forget just how big the US is with the world's 3rd largest population, and to mentally exaggerate a statistic, say per 100,000 people.

Cheers