Married-Extension "Nonthaburi Immigration"

Hey all.

Time was up for renew my Married-Extension.

So we go to Nonthaburi Immigration Friday 15 May 08:15 and wait for the door to open 08:30.

We got queue number 2 (102) and after 10 min it was my turn.

It was clear from the start they want more paper work.

But we go over all the paper we have with us.

Immigration wanted copy of my Thai Bankbook as additional proof beside income letter from my Embassy.

To check i transfer 40.000 baht per month or more, This i was ask for last year, So this i have with me.

This year they wanted the "apartment drawing", this i didn't bring this year, because last year i was told by Nonthaburi immigration didn't want it, And no need to bring it again.

Beside the 7 picture they told us to bring on the phone early when my wife call them, this year they want a close up (zoom) picture of me and the door number, So the number was BIG...

They didn't say this to my wife when she phone them.

They all so wanted a new TM.30 from my landlord.

And i was told, have to do this every year from now on.

Even go additional TM.30 for next year.

So we go home again, contact landlord, and got all the paper, picture ready.

We go back to Nonthaburi Immigration today Monday 18 May.

We was there there 8:25 and the door open right away, Got queue number 2 (102) again.

Around 15 min wait time, And we use 30 min to get over the paperwork, plus the additional paper and picture they ask for.

He want a few additional copy, have to sign paper about the "new" overstay rule.

And after 30 min we finish with him.

Then we wait around 30 min for the 2 person to put my information in the Immigration book and pc system.

Got taking a digital picture all so, I see they do that for all applying for Extension today.

Wait to around 10:20 when my wife was ask to come to Immigration Boss desk.

Need 2 copy more of some of the paper work, and was told because we don´t have kids together, The be a home visit again this year, around day 5-15, So we have to be home in that period.

This Nonthaburi Immigration have start doing since they caught a few Fa-Rang not in a "real" Married my wife was told.

At 10:30 all was done, And home we go.

Kindly.

• Like 1

It really is getting too much. What the hell has it got to to with them if you have kids or not! It's a marriage visa!

yeah, seems to get more invasive every year, common sense would dictate it should get easier.. but TiT

having to stay at home with wife for 10 whole days waiting for the visit is taking the piss

Edited by ColdSingha
  • Like 2

Same here they came to check because there are no kids. It is ok if they do that once.. and interview the neighbors (like they did in my case)

But if they will come here every year it starts to become boring. I would say check it good once (they even went up into the bedroom) and then let it be.

Funny thing is they never want to see real pics of the relation (holiday pics and such and pictures of her in my country) but only the mandatory pics that can be faked easily.

All I have to say is just be grateful that you don't live in ChiangMai. I had to get up and wait at 5AM, was still number 13 in queue. My wife showed up around 11. We needed to get another form from the Amphur stating that we were eligible to get married in the first place, basically the affidavit I signed when we got our license. They were moving slow so my wife, daughter and I had to wait until 3:30pm to see the officer and process our paperwork. No room in the air conditioned room and had to wait outside in the heat for most of the day.

We have been married for nearly 15 years. We have a daughter and still had to have immigration visit us. It really isn't a big deal, they just asked a neighbor about our marriage and made sure that I wasn't working without a work permit.

I think that your process seemed rather painless and quite efficient. Good for you. Now you have 1 more year without worrying about it again.

Get a multi-entry from Laos.

Book a holiday away every 90 days.

You get great deals for regional flights booked in advance. And hotels too.

Have a weekend away in Hong Kong, Singapore, even Japan every 90 days.

Then forget about any of the immigration BS. Don't even need to care about proof of funds. :)

"Then forget about any of the immigration BS. Don't even need to care about proof of funds. smile.png"

Those that have problems with proof of funds probably couldn't afford to take a holiday abroad every 90 days.

"Then forget about any of the immigration BS. Don't even need to care about proof of funds. smile.png"

Those that have problems with proof of funds probably couldn't afford to take a holiday abroad every 90 days.

Not to mention that those who could afford to take such holidays would probably find their passports full of visas and entry/exit stamps in next to no time well before the passport's expiry date. This is a material consideration for us Brits in particular given the laboriously tedious passport renewal process we're faced with in LOS these days sad.png

Edited by OJAS

Nothing to do with that.

Many make more with their money invested elsewhere, many (the people that I know doing it) couldn't be bothered dealing with immigration and the whole process any more.

They get a multi-entry visa.

Then look for special deals and promotions for flights and hotels around the region, some good deals to be had booking 3/6/9/12 months in advance. smile.png Burma, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam. Some nice little 3 day breaks. Never go near an immigration office again.

Beats the pants off dealing with immigration offices while running around at the behest of the immigration officers and the rules they've just made up on the spot. smile.png

Edited by DLang

Same here they came to check because there are no kids. It is ok if they do that once.. and interview the neighbors (like they did in my case)

But if they will come here every year it starts to become boring. I would say check it good once (they even went up into the bedroom) and then let it be.

Funny thing is they never want to see real pics of the relation (holiday pics and such and pictures of her in my country) but only the mandatory pics that can be faked easily.

i did my extension today in hua hin and the only thing wrong was the pics we submitted last year were not acceptable this year because we had the same clothes on in each picture. apparently this can be easily faked so they sent us home to take more pics. the first two we took outside the house and for the next two i put a tracksuit top on. that was acceptable!

also this year i had way more money than the standard 400K in an account and no questions about income, working, etc.. i guess money talks afterall