Kan Air adds new Hua Hin to Pattaya flight

Jonathan Fairfield

Kan Air adds routes

kan-air.jpg

PATTAYA, 14 May 2015: Chiang Mai-based Kan Air will operate direct flights from Pattaya (U Tapao Airport) to central and southern destinations in Thailand starting end of this month.

The airline will operate three weekly flights from U Tapao (20 km south of Pattaya) to Hat Yai in Songkhla province. The town is a major commercial centre with highway and rail links to nearby Malaysia.

The new flight to Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan province will operate four times a week and is the first service linking the two resorts that stand on either side of the Gulf of Thailand. The service starts 29 May.

A three-weekly service will link U-Tapao (Pattaya) to Surat Thani town, starting 30 May. Surat Thani is the nearest mainland town to the resort island of Samui. There are bus services from Surat Thani airport to the island’s ferry port.

The airline will use a 66-seat ATR72-500 to serve all three destinations.

Fantastic news. Kanair are currently offering many flights at 990 inclusive....be interesting to see if this is cheaper due to being closer than the Northern locations.

Just read Hua Hin 490 baht!!!!...............buses are 400

Edited by PattayaPhom

Is that one of those banned Thai airlines...I'll pass thank you.

Its not. Domoestic anyway and they operate for quite a while with small business jets etc.

They have got two ATR-72 turboprops (66 seaters) since last year,

Both planes less than 8 years old.

I tend strongly to use them from Khon Kaen to U-Tapao in the near future.

Fantastic news. Kanair are currently offering many flights at 990 inclusive....be interesting to see if this is cheaper due to being closer than the Northern locations.

Have to spoil your mood tongue.png

490 was on one of their first announcents but quickly corrected to 990 (promo).

Just rechecked on the booking site.

Regular price would be 1690.

More about KanAir (just two of a couple of threads):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819230-recent-2015-experiences-with-kan-air/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811139-kan-air-new-u-tapao-udon-thani-route/

990 wink.png

11010601_979717622072912_380685272566009

Edited by KhunBENQ

I know it's BS but I still don't feel safe with these propeller ATRs !

As with any airline, if the maintenance is sound and the crew are good, then the ATR's are fine.

Kan Air seems to be a good operator, have heard they are well run compared to some other operators.

I just plugged in a trip and it is indeed 490 one-way.

attachicon.gifutp.jpg

50 baht airport tax, so cheap. Which airport is that? ie one way from where to where, what direction?

I would assume U-Tapao to Hua Hin. Would at least fit the thread title nicely whistling.gif

I just plugged in a trip and it is indeed 490 one-way.

attachicon.gifutp.jpg

50 baht airport tax, so cheap. Which airport is that? ie one way from where to where, what direction?

I would assume U-Tapao to Hua Hin. Would at least fit the thread title nicely whistling.gif

So not Hua Hin to U-Tapao then? Or do they only fly in one direction dry.png

Obviously these are the two airports, I wanted to know what direction deecypher's booking screenshot was for, specifically to find out which of those two airports has an airport tax of 50 baht.

Is that one of those banned Thai airlines...I'll pass thank you.

Its not. Domoestic anyway and they operate for quite a while with small business jets etc.

They have got two ATR-72 turboprops (66 seaters) since last year,

Both planes less than 8 years old.

I tend strongly to use them from Khon Kaen to U-Tapao in the near future.

Have to spoil your mood tongue.png

490 was on one of their first announcents but quickly corrected to 990 (promo).

Just rechecked on the booking site.

Regular price would be 1690.

More about KanAir (just two of a couple of threads):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819230-recent-2015-experiences-with-kan-air/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811139-kan-air-new-u-tapao-udon-thani-route/

990 wink.png

11010601_979717622072912_380685272566009

990 is good with me....have checked my forward plans and all flights available.....absolutely fantastic.

How long will the flights to HH last. We had many airways in the past and none could make it work.

I give it 6 months to a year at most for the Patts to HH route. There is not much demand for this run as first they are both beach resorts so who really wants to go to the same place they are already are; and second, they appeal to different types of travelers so again why would they want to visit both.

When the promo prices are over, I suspect the regular prices will be around 2-3k return, verses under 1k for a city-center to city-center bus connection, and when adds in the costs of two RT airport transfers maybe up to 3500-4500 baht range.

How long will the flights to HH last. We had many airways in the past and none could make it work.

I give it 6 months to a year at most for the Patts to HH route. There is not much demand for this run as first they are both beach resorts so who really wants to go to the same place they are already are; and second, they appeal to different types of travelers so again why would they want to visit both.

When the promo prices are over, I suspect the regular prices will be around 2-3k return, verses under 1k for a city-center to city-center bus connection, and when adds in the costs of two RT airport transfers maybe up to 3500-4500 baht range.

I own properties in both places and spend time between the two knowing many that will use this route on a regular basis. If anything I would expect them to increase the frequency. Even at 1,690 it still beats the bus or tedious drive. Maybe Im lucky as I am in close proximity to both airports and will be able to get door-door in not much more than an hoursmile.png

Kanair offer free shuttle buses to coinside with flight times...The existing routes are still offering promo fares if booked in advance so no reason to believe they wont continue for a length of time.

Edited by PattayaPhom