Doctor insists controversial Thai monk is unwell, DSI says

webfact

Doctor insists controversial monk is unwell, DSI says
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A DOCTOR who claimed that Phra Dhammachayo, abbot of the high-profile Wat Dhammakaya, is unwell in an excuse submitted to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has insisted his medical opinion is valid, a senior DSI official said yesterday. DSI had summoned the monk for questioning over his ties to the Klongchan Credit Union cooperative.

Dr Choochai Phornphatthanaphan, a resident doctor at privately-run Rattanavej Polyclinic, insists that the monk was suffering from diabetes and had a blood vein blockage in his thigh. His evidence will be used when the DSI decides on whether to question the monk at another location easier for him to travel to, instead of the DSI headquarters in northern Bangkok, Somboon Sarasit said.

The abbot has put off two summons from the DSI, claiming the doctor had recommended that he should rest.

Phra Dhammachayo has been under a cloud of suspicion for allegedly receiving Bt814.8 million from Supachai Supa-aksorn, a former chairman of the credit union, charged with embezzlement over the loss of Bt15 billion of cooperative members' savings.

The DSI yesterday questioned a monk identified as Phra Sunant Panyasatho, who received Bt60 million from the cooperative, which was partly spent on a development project for a Nakhon Ratchasima pro-Dhammakaya school. The results of the questioning are not known yet.

Meanwhile, a woman who helped mediate a purchase of 2,000 rai in Nakhon Ratchasima by Supachai eight years ago said the former Klongchan boss had not fully repaid Bt38 million he borrowed from her, another DSI official, Pakorn Sucheewakul, said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Doctor-insists-controversial-monk-is-unwell-DSI-sa-30260481.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-20

See, that's why private hospitals cost more. They may overcharge but they say you are unwell whenever you need them to.

Probably pointless for the court to appoint an ' independent ' doctor. Different name, same result ?

In all this case, seemingly so much resources and news time is put towards people who received the money, but the action they are taking, have taken or will be taking against the main party Supachai seems very limited. I would of thought he is very much a flight risk, if he has not already flown the coop.

I can get a Thai doctors to swear on a stack of bibles that I'm indeed a two headed unicorn..

all depends on how much the doctor's fees are... and when you have billions at your control,

getting any thing is a mere formality...

That abbot should be examined by a team of government/court appointed doctors who doesn't

follow that brand or sect of that abbot....

I can get a Thai doctors to swear on a stack of bibles that I'm indeed a two headed unicorn..

all depends on how much the doctor's fees are... and when you have billions at your control,

getting any thing is a mere formality...

That abbot should be examined by a team of government/court appointed doctors who doesn't

follow that brand or sect of that abbot....

But, but, that would be biased.

They should directly interview the monk at the hospital or at the Wat.

I think every monk should be questioned and tested with a lie detector before he is allowed to join a Wat. I am sure 80% will fail but the remaining 20% will be great to give Buddhism a good name in this country.

It seems the constitution of Thais is very weak when under pressure of prosecution.

Wasn't the red-bull boy too sick to travel back for his court case as well ?.

Nothing can be taken seriously over here : the world laughs at what Thais will do and think they got away with it.