dog shelter in pattaya to volunteer

rickthailand

Fosseway. Of course starting a company and getting a WP are completely different. The point I was making, was that if a Thai Company is created with an authorised Capital

of 2 million baht, then one is able to apply for a WP more or less as of a right. More forms admittedly, but it gets over the problem! I should know! I am involved in more than one !

Just a polite response flyingdoc. The criteria for a foreigner to obtain a work permit is very strict, from memory your company must employ a minimum of around 6 Thai staff, even then it is not easy.

Just setting up a Thai company or more than one, as you have indicated with quote, "authorized capital", does not give you the automatic right to a work permit.

Something I didn't know until recently is that the King of Thailand loves dogs.

I've been working on a youtube short on dogs up here in Surin.

I love dogs and at first many would bark and growl at me. Now they know I'm not afraid I'm not getting the best shots.

I got some good stuff already though.

honestly I see these doggy do gooders every morning dumping food and things on the street for the strays

even putting collars on them and its no solution

the solution is to spay or neuter them then the population at the shelter would be a lot less

dont feed the problem fix it

The dogs survive without being fed, they get by on rats, mice, chingchocks etc. how many dogs have you had neutered to cure the problem.

True technically need a work to do volunteer work just as you do if your house is in a company name and you do any work on it. So immigration officer told me.

OP have you also considered assisting with an orphanage or NGO assisting the poor (many locals residing in Pattaya are very poor).

No he has chosen to help those who can not help themselves.

Do you assist orphans? Or give money to the poor?

When I lived in Pattaya, though my wife, yes we assisted some poor who she knew personally through family connections financially on a monthly basis for food and some clothing. FYI they were elderly females who had minimal capacity for self help and nearly zero support from the Thai government other than about 600 baht pcm.

Rather than making uninformed assumptions, maybe OP is interested in contributing to helping the less fortunate human beings in Pattaya who he may not be aware of as just moved to Pattaya.

Rather than going off topic, you should continue to help orphans, while OP will help whoever he likes to help

Something I didn't know until recently is that the King of Thailand loves dogs.

I've been working on a youtube short on dogs up here in Surin.

I love dogs and at first many would bark and growl at me. Now they know I'm not afraid I'm not getting the best shots.

I got some good stuff already though.

start taking a kilo of soup bones and dishing them out, they will be all over you in a few days and get all the shots you need on soi dogs in Thailand. Tongdang was a famous soi dog that was written about, the book sold out on the first day, people qued over night to get a copy. Pity that's as far as most of them went in relation to soi dogs.

i am a little shocked i asked for some guidance and advise on how i could help dogs (wich i love) and instead of

some human compasion for animals i did not mean this question to get a conversation going about helping dogs or people, that was never my intention so as i think this thread is proberly not going to help me (or dogs or orphance) maybe i will ask the mods to close it.

rick

Edited by Rimmer
Sensitive text removed