22 Thais arrested for deceiving, causing nuisances to foreign tourists

webfact

I commented that the overcharging of tourists affected tourism and demonstrated unique Thainess a few days ago.

My comments were attacked for being racist and hating Thailand.

I guess the Thai's hate themselves too.clap2.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok After reading this and also a few other things over the last few months.....my mind is made up.....PLEEZE KHUN PRAYUT.......PLEEZE STAY ON AS LONG AS YOU CAN AS PM OF THAILAND......this country, the locals and laos the foreigners need a person like you to run this country and make things better.....no other government or political party ever did anything good for this country except you and the NCPO. Please forget about elections and democracy....Thailand was and is not ready for democracy. We needed guided democracy under a governemnet like yours. Please stay on and carry on the good things that you are doing and also be even greater by getting rid of all the old and past politicans and political parties. Confisticate the properties and assets of all the past politicans and their big business conglomerates partners and put allof them in prison without any trials for running this country in a mess the last few decades. We love you Khun Prayuth and the army.

Yes confiscate all the assets etc of politicians and so on while making sure transparency as to the wealth of your handpicked NCPO is off limits.

And is it just me or do they government crack down a little bit on things like scams etc Only for them to be up and running again a fee weeks later?

A few token arrests and some idiots here wanna lick Prayuths boots. No long term changes have been made. It's all a horse and pony show.

My first trip to Bangkok was 1987, and this was going on then. At least now they have recordings telling people to ignore the touts, that they are lying thieves.

This a five years old complaint. At least there is action now.

The scamers have a specific costume, normally Thai guys wearing jeans, t-shirt, new papers in hand and wearing sunglasses around Grand Palace are the scamers. Except security guards, tourist guides, passing by tuk-tuks no Thai's will wait there there to help any farangs. It is a open fact that anyone coming to you help is a cheater there, except if you look a help at the official counters. There were numerous photos published about the scammers, there are no action from Police, i hope they are getting the bribe. The most notorious one always be standing left side the entry gate, and he generally target couples, and ones they are in his net, he will signal the tuk-tuk to take them for Baht.5 per ride. I am sure police are getting bribe from them, othewise they would not do it so openly in the broad daylight!

Most Thai's genuine visitors to the temple are politely dressed and they they quietly waking with lotus on their hands, they never talk to anyone unnecessarily.

please set your alarm clock for 6 months from now and see if the same guys are back ,

Same as the Taxi crooks the only way to stop them is take away the Tuk Tuk or Taxi , ban them from coming back and automatic 6 months in jail

Never going to happen , this was just a photo op :(

Funny how people read about this stuff on Social media but still get suckered when they come .

For the closed temple trick, I'd agree.

But for the price gouging, and unannounced side trips to the tailor or jewelry shop, very few options in many of the places these guys operate.

Edited by impulse

Ok After reading this and also a few other things over the last few months.....my mind is made up.....PLEEZE KHUN PRAYUT.......PLEEZE STAY ON AS LONG AS YOU CAN AS PM OF THAILAND......this country, the locals and laos the foreigners need a person like you to run this country and make things better.....no other government or political party ever did anything good for this country except you and the NCPO. Please forget about elections and democracy....Thailand was and is not ready for democracy. We needed guided democracy under a governemnet like yours. Please stay on and carry on the good things that you are doing and also be even greater by getting rid of all the old and past politicans and political parties. Confisticate the properties and assets of all the past politicans and their big business conglomerates partners and put allof them in prison without any trials for running this country in a mess the last few decades. We love you Khun Prayuth and the army.

Yes confiscate all the assets etc of politicians and so on while making sure transparency as to the wealth of your handpicked NCPO is off limits.
And is it just me or do they government crack down a little bit on things like scams etc Only for them to be up and running again a fee weeks later?

A few token arrests and some idiots here wanna lick Prayuths boots. No long term changes have been made. It's all a horse and pony show.

Your post could have been improved slightly if you had omitted the "A few token arrests and", part. They are quite happy to lick His boots anyway..

The cops must have used a helluva lot of whitening lotion!!!!!crazy.gif

Not all tourists are white. In fact, most tourists in Thailand are actually Chinese ... and there's lots of Thai/Chinese Thai citizens.

Edited by HerbalEd

Undercover police rush to the scene tourist venues and it only took them about 20 years oh what a rush to catch the Tuk Tuk scammers and a severe right good telling off will now stop them from ever again overcharging a tourist so that will allow them to concentrate more on ex pats and locals to make up for that extra bahts .

Maybe the taxi drivers next...

Remember in one of my former years, I wanted to go to Pat-Pong, (the night market whistling.gif), he told me it was the Kings Birthday, Pat-Pong Closed, but he new somewhere...

This was late April, just how many birthdays does the King have?

Remember in one of my former years, I wanted to go to Pat-Pong, (the night market ), he told me it was the Kings Birthday, Pat-Pong Closed, but he new somewhere...

I was told by a taxi driver that Chinatown was closed one Saturday afternoon.

"Prawut said the jewelry shops, tailor’s shops and souvenir shops overcharged the tourists and gave up to 30 per cent commissions to these scammers.

The spokesman warned these shops to stop the practice or they would also be charged as collaborators with the scammers."

But they are collaborating with the scammers, they are part of the scam.

If not the instigators of it.

Arrest them all now.

Yeah ...punish them because they made Thailand look bad... (lose face) not because they were scammers.

If the tourists had not posted anything on face book etc I don't the police would have been interested in those criminals.

Remember in one of my former years, I wanted to go to Pat-Pong, (the night market ), he told me it was the Kings Birthday, Pat-Pong Closed, but he new somewhere...

Same thing happened to me on my first visit 13 years ago.

I love the old Taxi driver scam where driver asks where you are going and you mention a famous seafood restaurant in Bangkok. He says "Ohhh! but don't you know?" I say "no, what" and he answers "It burnt down long time already, but the owner opened a new place I can take you to...."

Same thing happened to me on my first visit 13 years ago.

Did he have a 2" scar on his left arm, and speak English with an Asian accent? Rat bastard, probably the same guy.

Can't a dishonest Thai Tuk Tuk driver and Jewelry Store make a corrupt living in Thailand anymore...it is time to start thinking about moving to a Western country where this kind of activity is more acceptable...

Such a shame that this, like many "illegal activities", go on for years before someone finally wakes up and does something about it.

If anyone in power would like a list of all the other things that are damaging the countries reputation let us all know and we'll have a list for you in about 5 mins.