Coming to Thai with new passport? My options?

I'm 26 year old guy(so retirement option is out).

If i get double entry tourist visa i could in stay in thai for 6 months right?Then can i make 1 more double entry tourist visa and after that maybe ED visa?

Entirely your decision ....................What you suggest is possible ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you.Just wanted to know if that's possible cause i wasn't following visa news for the 1-2 year

Depending on where you apply for your double-entry tourist visa it will be valid for two entries into Thailand within three or within six months. On each arrival you will be given permission to stay for 60 days and each of these can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office. This means that you can have two uninterrupted stays in Thailand for not more than 90 days at a time.

You can continue to get tourist visas as long as your trips to Thailand are for the purpose of tourism and, if challenged by the Thai consulate, you can convince them that you are not working illegally in Thailand.

• Like 2

Depending on where you apply for your double-entry tourist visa it will be valid for two entries into Thailand within three or within six months. On each arrival you will be given permission to stay for 60 days and each of these can be extended by 30 days at an immigration office. This means that you can have two uninterrupted stays in Thailand for not more than 90 days at a time.

You can continue to get tourist visas as long as your trips to Thailand are for the purpose of tourism and, if challenged by the Thai consulate, you can convince them that you are not working illegally in Thailand.

Thank you.If i may ask,i can have a proof that 20.000-25.000 baht is coming every month to my bank account(from my country).So that should be proof that i'm not working in thailand,right? I guess it's even more important for ED visa

Edited by GotR1GHT

I would just add one thing to the totally accurate advice you have been given.

The thread's title indicates "new passport". Understand that this is not relevant to the answers you were given. If there is anything in your prior history of entries into Thailand that could create a problem, it will be found anyway. Thailand is pretty lenient about things like overstays, but if you were ever denied entry for some reason, the new passport will not cover this up.

Thank you.If i may ask,i can have a proof that 20.000-25.000 baht is coming every month to my bank account(from my country).So that should be proof that i'm not working in thailand,right? I guess it's even more important for ED visa

There are no published rules about how to demonstrate that you are not working in Thailand, but showing that you are covering your living expenses in Thailand with money remitted from a bank account outside Thailand to your bank account in Thailand and showing withdrawals from your account in Thailand for your expenses is generally a good way to convince a consulate.

Why don't you get a triple entry tourist visa instead of a double entry ? You can get just under 9 months out of one of those.

I guess it also depends where in the world you will be applying for the visa, some embassies don't appear to be encouraging long term tourism.

Check the nearest Thai consulate (not embassy) to where you are now.