Pattaya Beach footpath washing away

Rimmer

Actually I believe all Thai agency work done anywhere, on anything, is expected to be redone at least annually, if not more often.

Can anyone recall any project started/finished on time/ within budget/works as promised and,did NOT have to be redone, often several times ?

In the original thread that was started last year when they commenced construction, I predicted that this would be the outcome.

Many people accused me of being 'anti-Thai' and a Jonah.

I take no pleasure in seeing my predictions come true - even I didn’t expect the new promenade to deteriorate so quickly.

It is not funny - It just makes me sad that the outcome was so predictable. I was hoping that maybe, just once, they might do things properly. But I knew deep down that they wouldn't.

I'm sure those responsible knew better than me what the outcome was going to be. And that's what makes it so sad - they just don't care.

What a bloody mess!

They can repair it after the drainage system is completed. Got to keep beach road under permanent construction/repair as it has been to my knowledge for the past 30 years.

I,ve been coming here on vacation for 7 years, now 1 year permanent and what used to amuse me before now has the opposite effect............learning quickly about "thainess" my TGF is well educated and speaks/understands english well and when I explain to her the frustrations she just smiles and says "but its allways been like this" I just have to laugh and shake my head............go with the flow should be my motto wacko.png

Thais get what they deserve because they go with the flow.