Pol search ex-Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative chairman's office.

Pol search ex-Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative chairman's office.
The Nation

30260754-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Police have seized many documents and valuable objects from the office of the former chairman of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative as part of the probe in the alleged embezzlement at the cooperative.

The search of Supachai Supa-aksorn's office yesterday was headed by Lt-Colonel Somboon Sarasit, the Department of Special Investigation's Bureau of Special Crime 3 chief.

He was accompanied by Supachai's lawyer Chaibodi Kaka at the U Tower Building on Srinagarindra Road.

Phra Khanong Provincial Court issued the search warrant.

Somboon said Supachai had used the office for work and accommodation before it was shut when he was taken into custody.

He said many documents that police suspect relate to the case were found. The documents were collected in the sealed box.

Somboon, Chaibodi and a Klongchan Credit Union employee signed their names as witnesses of the evidence collection.

"The box of documentary evidence was sent to DSI headquarter for more investigation to find the links to the case and other hidden properties. To open the box, the signatures of officers and [the alleged] offender's lawyer are needed," he said.

He said Supachai had other accommodations that the DSI would investigate further.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pol-search-ex-Klongchan-Credit-Union-Cooperative-c-30260754.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-23

On Monday this week the KC pressure group visited the DSI offices (which wasn't reported in the media) and demanded to know what progress had been made - my wife was there - as they had heard nothing from the DSI for over a month.

They were told the DSI was still looking into the case. Nearly a year into the DSI investigation, and they decide to search the office now.

Despite the claim that they found relevant documents - which I don't believe - this is no more than a pony and trap show for the media and a pathetic attempt to appease the KC pressure group.

For a man who (allegedly) embezzled - some now say 30 billion Baht - do we really believe that Supachai would leave incriminating evidence lying around his office? I think not.

My view? There are some very powerful people behind this scam, and that's why it's been botched - read carefully stage managed - from the beginning. Supachai will be made a scapegoat - assuming he makes it to trial - but others involved, and no doubt the recipients of a lot of the money, will never come to light, yet alone face trial.

Case closed.

Supachai is in custody on remand, apparently. However, no other KC executives, business associates, senior KC staff or any people connected to this have been brought before any court.

Phra Dhammachaya of Wat Dhammakaya - who received 11.3 billion baht from Supachai - has been summoned for questioning but keeps pleading ill-health, so he has never kept his 'appointment'.

Wheels within wheels...

Supachai is in custody on remand, apparently. However, no other KC executives, business associates, senior KC staff or any people connected to this have been brought before any court.

Phra Dhammachaya of Wat Dhammakaya - who received 11.3 billion baht from Supachai - has been summoned for questioning but keeps pleading ill-health, so he has never kept his 'appointment'.

Wheels within wheels...

There must be serious suspicions that temple has been used for money laundering for several years. With 40 branches in other countries there must have been large sums of money sent to accounts in other countries, with no accountability and no tax as a religious organization it makes a perfect vehicle for "Donors" to donate to a temple in a country of their choice then "contract" to do work for that temple.

Confounds the imagination that successful and canny businessmen would donate millions and in some cases billions to a temple without "Something in it for me" other than a better next life.

Also have to remember that Weng told us not so long back that Thaksin has a long association with that temple.

Wheels within wheels...

There must be serious suspicions that temple has been used for money laundering for several years. With 40 branches in other countries there must have been large sums of money sent to accounts in other countries, with no accountability and no tax as a religious organization it makes a perfect vehicle for "Donors" to donate to a temple in a country of their choice then "contract" to do work for that temple.

Confounds the imagination that successful and canny businessmen would donate millions and in some cases billions to a temple without "Something in it for me" other than a better next life.

Also have to remember that Weng told us not so long back that Thaksin has a long association with that temple.

Despite everybody's effort to demonize everything Thaksin ever did, his association with that temple MAY NOT be nefarious. Remember, back in the late '90s and early '00s, that temple and that sect was immensely popular with young middle class Thais, especially those associated with business and, I believe, Thai-Chinese. Maybe it still is, I'm out of touch. What other temple in Thailand could mobilize so many people to participate in their activities to make promotional videos? The temple and its abbot have been the object of suspicion for at least twenty years, but I don't believe anything has ever been proven.

Wheels within wheels...

Despite everybody's effort to demonize everything Thaksin ever did, his association with that temple MAY NOT be nefarious. Remember, back in the late '90s and early '00s, that temple and that sect was immensely popular with young middle class Thais, especially those associated with business and, I believe, Thai-Chinese. Maybe it still is, I'm out of touch. What other temple in Thailand could mobilize so many people to participate in their activities to make promotional videos? The temple and its abbot have been the object of suspicion for at least twenty years, but I don't believe anything has ever been proven.

More likely, a thorough investigation has never been seen all the way through. coffee1.gif

Wheels within wheels...

More likely, a thorough investigation has never been seen all the way through. coffee1.gif

Friends in high places would ensure that.

On Monday this week the KC pressure group visited the DSI offices (which wasn't reported in the media) and demanded to know what progress had been made - my wife was there - as they had heard nothing from the DSI for over a month.

They were told the DSI was still looking into the case. Nearly a year into the DSI investigation, and they decide to search the office now.

Despite the claim that they found relevant documents - which I don't believe - this is no more than a pony and trap show for the media and a pathetic attempt to appease the KC pressure group.

For a man who (allegedly) embezzled - some now say 30 billion Baht - do we really believe that Supachai would leave incriminating evidence lying around his office? I think not.

My view? There are some very powerful people behind this scam, and that's why it's been botched - read carefully stage managed - from the beginning. Supachai will be made a scapegoat - assuming he makes it to trial - but others involved, and no doubt the recipients of a lot of the money, will never come to light, yet alone face trial.

Case closed.

The corrupt ones shall be flushed out, as I understand the present boos. I support him 100%.