PM Prayut says military junta determined to return happiness to people

Lite Beer

PM Prayut says military junta determined to return happiness to people

23-5-2558-14-30-18-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha vowed that the military junta still has strong determination to return happiness to the people though it will take time.

But he also called for cooperation from the people to help achieve the goal as some problems are complicated and needed longer time and their cooperation to resolve.

“How much happiness could be returned depends on how complicated is the problem. If it is a minimal problem, then it will be resolved easily and happiness could be returned swiftly. But if it is so complicated, then it will take time,” he said in a special television programme broadcast nationwide Friday night to mark the first anniversary of the May 22 military coup last year.

He called for cooperation from the news media to report not only problems but also suggestions of how to resolve them.

He said if the media reported only problems or violent side, it would merely widen conflict to regional and international levels, and as a consequence raise their suspicion on Thailand.

“I’m not asking you to cover up stories, but just to help the country move forward,” he said without elaborating.

He recalled the May 22 coup saying he led the takeover reluctantly last year after it became clear that the political conflict would only lead to worse violence and insecurity, According to Bangkok Post.

Thailand was in a deadlock at the time – a democratic trap,” and all normal measures taken under the previous democratically elected administration had failed to break the impasse, he said.

Worsening political crisis at that time threatened to bring the country to collapse as each person had his own ideas.

State officials could not work while law could not be enforced and government could not solve any problem, thus prompting the creation of the NCPO to take control of the situation through the use of special laws.

But he said this was what had happened in the past and that all should cooperate to not let it to happen again.

“I do not want the problems prior to May 22, 2014, to happen again in the future,” he said.”

But he admitted that not all the problems facing the country had been solved in the past year. “Bigger problems needed more time to address,” he said without elaborating.

Gen Prayut also reiterated Thailand’s position on the Rohingya migrants, saying they Thailand would not set up refugee camps for the Rohingya but would expand holding areas for them.

Earlier he said permanent shelters will not be built because Thailand already has nine shelters in eight provinces that are housing 140,000 people.

But he warned, however, that all migrants illegally entering Thailand would face legal action.

Bangkok will be the site of an international meeting on migration next Friday.

Representatives of 16 countries, including Myanmar and Bangladesh, the sources of the migrants, are expected to attend along with UN and other international agencies.

Before ending his address, he asked for public’s cooperation to make a better Thailand and moral support to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to achieve the goal.

“I ask for your cooperation and deeply hope for a bright future for our country and happiness returned to all citizens,” he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-prayut-says-military-junta-determined-to-return-happiness-to-people

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-23

>>Thailand was in a deadlock at the time – a democratic trap,” and all normal measures taken under the previous democratically elected administration had failed to break the impasse, he said.<< Quote

A democratic trap, he has a way with words, our friend Mr P.

If the army had done their duty under an elected government, the need for the coup might never had arisen.......

Oh silly me, I am missing the point...............coffee1.gif

366 days now.............

Every day with a new meaningless statement !!

You say, that bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.............

Well in Mr P's case, I am not so sure..............................coffee1.gif

When you return something, it has connotations of it having been removed in the first place, so who "removed the happiness" in the first instance?

How is it possible to give the happiness back, when it was claimed so many times that the majority supported the coup, which means they were happy?

Then along came the polls, 93% popularity in the first 6 months.... again this would indicate to me that there was happiness yes?

So at what point was it decided that happiness, like an overdue library book needed to be returned?

Now listen up Citizens! you WILL be happy got it?

forget about silly things like elections and democracy you have ME

be happy and worship (whoops typo) support ME "I had to do it as it's for your own good" get it?

Edited by LannaGuy

Forget happiness the world's great thinkers don't really know what happiness is exactly so.. ...

how about fairness and real law and justice based on evidence not bank balance?

How about holding people accountable for their actions?

How about a government that works for the people not for their own interests?

How about an education system that creates free thinkers not obedience and lethargy?

No ??? OK continue with the meaningless statements then. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Edited by simonuk

A general gone mad. Stealing the power of an elected government from the people and appointing himself the savior. And he will return happiness to the people?

How dumb does he think the people are?

Dont answer that. cheesy.gif

"He called for cooperation from the news media to report not only problems but also suggestions of how to resolve them"

Well we have all the solutions here on TV Forum, He should read our posts some time.

I am serious by the way.

We talk about

Reform of the Police, To do their job and enforce the law.

Reform the education system, so Thai people can learn concepts that will improve their lives and the countries welfare

A sustained and credible attack on corruption.

End the practice of the ancient and outdated Feudalist Sakdina.

Take examples from other countries,Western or Asian, Eg Singapore.

Etc Etc.

It will take strength, bravery and many sacrifices (not necessarily in blood) to achieve

Dear General Prayut,

If you ever become seriously determined to Return Happiness to Thailand,...you must immediately do to the PDRC what you've been doing to the Red Shirts, and allow an immediate 1 vote per 1 Thai People.

As is, the majority of the Thai People know that you have no interest in Returning Happiness to them, but only happiness for the Elite.

“Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me ‘Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It’s now the duty of the army to take over the task’, ” Mr Suthep (aka Paphakaro,...the Enlightened One) said.

Edited by Ve37

PM Prayut says military junta determined to return happiness to people ... even if that means it's force upon them through the use of 'military attitude adjustment camps'.

ehhh... just when were the Thai people so happy in the past ? God , Jehovah , Buda , Allah , none preach happiness as a life goal , why would mr. p strive for such a meaningless target ? get your act together before someone else comes along with a big bag of happy .

Thailand was in a deadlock at the time

??? If you call enduring long running sparsely attended protests in one city a deadlock...OK. Let's look at the dictionary. Deadlock-- a state of inaction or neutralization resulting from the opposition of equally powerful uncompromising persons or factions.

Nah, even though one side definitely didn't have the numbers (hint hint), that side was infinitely more powerful. Not a deadlock.

You say, that bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.............

Well in Mr P's case, I am not so sure..............................coffee1.gif

I am surprised Ey.sWideOpen hasn`t been on to defend the PM,

>>Thailand was in a deadlock at the time – a democratic trap,” and all normal measures taken under the previous democratically elected administration had failed to break the impasse, he said.<< Quote

A democratic trap, he has a way with words, our friend Mr P.

If the army had done their duty under an elected government, the need for the coup might never had arisen.......

Oh silly me, I am missing the point...............coffee1.gif

Exactly right...the military stood by and did nothing while the fascists stormed trooped all over the capital.

“How much happiness could be returned depends on how complicated is the problem."

TRANSLATION:

If the Thai people are going to be obstinate about getting back their rights and liberties, return of their happiness will be a long time off.wai2.gif

In a real democracy the military forces do not have any vote. How can Thailand be a democracy, with the military involved? Impossible.

How can this retired general point out how 60 million people will act in the next election? I guess hes loosing. same with his elites. I recognise that he sees hes fellow citzens sub orinates for him. The Thai people is here just for him.Have the brave general ever had any thoughs about whos serving who? He already lost the grip, he will make people happy. Thats mean set the socalled elite under same law and rules as the poor ones. He aleady failed very much on this one.

If the non elected pirme minister had any reasonable thoughts about the future he should. first off all not concider everybody sub-ordinary. Most people do not like that, as a prime minister is the representatriv of the people, hes the subordinate of the people.

Sir

Try to fire your self it will return the happiness.

U had full power over a year.

U have only isolated Thailand further.

The economics are stand still,Thai housing market its dead,Thai export flat...

Tourist to scared to come here except the Chinese..

U did nothing for reconsilate proces ,the rift only has grown and will explode later.

Enjoy your pension...

<deleted!> happiness, just bring back democratic voting.

Bring back? Are you sure there was "democratic voting" before?

Sounds like a 500 baht question, right?

OK, in order to keep a certain percentage of the population "happy", return the troops to the barracks, give the people their 500 baht a pop democratic elections, allow the redshirts to run riot murdering innocent protesters on the street etc etc............just like back in the good ol' days.

Yes, that should make them happy. thumbsup.gif