Bangkok Bank Online Banking

Hello

I regularly send payments to my Bangkok Bank Account, and my wife is able to withdraw amounts with my ATM card as i am back in the UK working for a few months.

The trouble is she lost her purse yesterday which contained both our ATM cards. This is not so much a problem for her as she can get a new card next week, but i don't think i will be able to get a new card until i return to Thailand.

So i have been on the Bangkok bank website and i see i can set up a third party transfer (one off or regular payment), which i am guessing i can set up as her account and as soon as my money gets to my account i can just log on and transfer the money to her account?

Anyone have experience of this? Does it work ok? I have emailed Bangkok Bank but as its the weekend i am not expecting a reply until Monday...at the earliest!

The website does state they will send me a One Time Passcode to my mobile to authorise the payment, just wondering if anyone has done this from outside of Thailand?

Thanks in advance

I am in Thailand and use BB iBanking. I send money via that site to other BB account holders and those at other banks with no issues.

You lost your card but you were not using it anyway. She lost her card, a big deal. I gather that you only have one BB account between the two of you?

If so, on Monday, she could go to BB, open a new account in her name. Then provide you with the account number. Via iBanking, which you are evidently using, you transfer funds to her account. She has a new ATM card, so she has no problems withdrawing funds.

Am I missing something?

Hi Seligne2,

Sorry yes i should have stated we have separate accounts, so as my card is lost she would not be able to withdraw from it. But from your above comments i don't think this will be a problem as i can transfer the money to her BB account as soon as it hits my account. She will be getting a new card for her account on Monday.

Thanks for your info.

Unless you have been doing that (transferring to her account) in the past be aware that you will have to obtain a One Time Password (OTP) to be able to transfer to her account.

If you have your Thai cell phone with you, and have set up International roaming with your carrier that will not be a problem since they send it via SMS to your registered phone number

The third party transfer works fine...I use it a couple times a year to transfer money to other folks' Thai bank accounts at Bangkok Bank or other Thai banks. But please take note of LM's post above regarding the OTP thing.

Maybe I am missing something here. Each month I transfer my rent from my bank account at BB to my landlord at Kasikorn Bank. Don't need an OTP for this. Very quick & easy.

Maybe I am missing something here. Each month I transfer my rent from my bank account at BB to my landlord at Kasikorn Bank. Don't need an OTP for this. Very quick & easy.

You are right for repeat transfers - but in the OP's case it sounds like he may need to set up a new recipient for his wife, for BBL this would need an OTP.

It also varies by bank e.g my TMB account needs an OTP for all e-banking transactions, has caused me a few headaches in the past when travelling.

Edited by realfunster

If the OTP is a problem and you have funds in UK you can always send money into her account from there until you return - will cost a bit in fees but will work.

In meantime be sure you have reported your card lost to avoid losing what is still in your account.