Our Punch List for Thai ministry of foreign affairs !

We have made a previous post about what can Thailand improve for its foreigners and here is a collection of your answers :

1.Ease land owning regulations so allow us foreigners to limited ownership example max purchase of one rai in our own name on the title deed.

2.Ban the 49% foreigner business ownership rules with thai share holders but change it into a 100% foreigner business ownership in Thailand.

3.Present us a one stamp a year hassle free visa.With no strings attached except our one year payment.

4.Land plots bigger then one rai should come with a minimum of one 100 year lease.

5.Police / and Thai courts need be more serious to end the Thai against farang crimes.(no 500 BHT fine for a bag snatcher)

6.Police need change their hot uniform in a uniform that is more suitable for this hot climate.Example bermudas and shirts with short sleeve.

7.Ban jet skies en horses from all Thai beaches.

8.Bring back on the beach chairs ,umbrellas,food and cooling drinks.

9.Consider all outdoor burnings a serious crime that carries a minimum of 2,500 BHT fine.

10.Modernize and simplify the rules for work permits.example 4 staff rules etc etc...

11.Ban all security guards from carrying whistles.

12.Go back to a democratic system as that will surely help to recover with the poor economical situation of Thailand.

13.Offer expats health care insurances for a reasonable price.

14.End the dual pricing in Thailand especially in hospitals.

If we forgot something please be free to add some more demands...

I hope that the Thai Ministry of foreign affairs will soon fix our Punch List and at least now they know our viewpoint...

For the (s)expats who think that Thailand is a perfect place already you better keep dreaming..

I do not see any reason why it would take Thailand so long to amend its laws..

Most other countries have these type of laws set already for their foreign citizens...

Hope Thailand will begin to treat their foreign citizens/visitors more equal as their own by implementing our suggestions.

It will make Thailand a popular Country again for the foreigners to visit and to live.,

The sentiment nowadays for Thailand is way less positive then before.

Fix these laws it might stop foreigners relocating from Thailand to Spain.

Most other countries have these type of laws set already for their foreign citizens...

Hope Thailand will begin to treat their foreign citizens/visitors more equal as their own by implementing our suggestions.

It will make Thailand a popular Country again for the foreigners to visit and to live.,

I could be wrong

But I dont think they care if we all go to Spain

Though if it happens Spain might not be very happy

I could be wrong

Yes u are wrong...

when you say our wish punch list

can you put your names,?

i think its ok as it is, and im not a sexpat as you stated in your op, that those who think its ok must be sexpats,

you do live here dont you?

I could be wrong

Yes u are wrong...

ohh, I hate when this happens to me

I would impose a mandatory "learn how to live with Thais" training for all foreigners wishing to stay in Thailand more than 6 months, as well as mandatory Thai language courses.

This may help many farangs feel already much better in the country they chose to come, and, at the end, understand that they can be quite happy without the Ministry of Foreign Affairs having to change anything.

Of course, this may not fix some important problems, such as the umbrellas and cool drinks (beer In this case, I guess) on the beaches...

Edited by gerry1011

I would impose a mandatory "learn how to live with Thais" training for all foreigners wishing to stay in Thailand more than 6 months, as well as mandatory Thai language courses.

This may help many farangs feel already much better in the country they chose to come, and, at the end, understand that they can be quite happy without the Ministry of Foreign Affairs having to change anything.

Of course, this may not fix some important problems, such as the umbrellas and cool drinks (beer In this case, I guess) on the beaches...

you hit it on the head again gerry,,,, in the country they chose to come and live,

i told him that in his other thread,,,

THEY CHOSE TO COME AND LIVE HERE,,,

now they want to change everything

Yes umbrellas and cool drinks can be real important on a hot beach..Let see how long u last without it mister.

Yes all of you from the u better go home brigade are probably fluent in your Thai language ?

when you say our wish punch list

can you put your names,?

i think its ok as it is, and im not a sexpat as you stated in your op, that those who think its ok must be sexpats,

you do live here dont you?

i wrote (s)expats.so Its optional you can choose not sure why u read it as only sexpats.

For the moment i do not live in Thailand because i do not want to live in a Country where Army leaders seized control without elections.

I do not see any harm in our Punch list think will make life better for us.

There is even something about work permits rules so in future u will be allowed to join your wife with any your pig farm jobs while now she does it all by her self right?

I could be wrong

If all foreigners stopped to visit and or to live in Thailand then Thailand can close down 95% of all its hotels,taxis in the Country etc etc ..basically Leaving the country bankrupt.I sure Thais will care about that.Thailand heavily relies on income from foreigners both tourist and long term stayers.Therefor Thailand should make sure its foreign visitors remain happy...That is not the case now due too poorly treatment for foreigners in their laws..I refer back to the punch list.

You forgot the suggestion to make it cooler and improve the fishing.

I can get along with lousy fishing, but it really is too dang hot.

Most likely u need a work permit for fishing are u aware of it?

So if u have a work permit then you have also 4 thai stafff at your service maybe they can hold umbrella above your head during your fishing..

I personally think they should up the financial requirement for foreigners on retirement visa,s and extensions

I also believe long term foreigners caught driving without proper Thai driving licence be jailed

I believe persons living here who cannot prove how they are supporting themselves in Thailand not be granted long term visa's

Persons caught working without WP be fined and deported

Oh and I think persons who make excessive demands on country where they are neither a permanent resident or a citizen, go home and petion their own goverements to sort their own countries out before making demands on a country they are not even legal residents of

One suspects the ones who are howling the most about "rights" in Thailand are the same ones complaining about "Johnny bloody Foreigner" in their own countries

Edited by Soutpeel

I personally think they should up the financial requirement for foreigners on retirement visa,s and extensions

I also believe long term foreigners caught driving without proper Thai driving licence be jailed

I believe persons living here who cannot prove how they are supporting themselves in Thailand not be granted long term visa's

Yes great list with restrictions you have produced....But if you don,t mind i will not include any of your comments in our list cause we are looking for improvements for foreigners and not more restrictions for us over here..

As pj asked earlier who is the "we" you keep referring to - or is that just a speech habit ingrained from waving at the masses as you go past? laugh.png

Earlier i placed a post on TVF about what can be improved for us foreigners in Thailand

This is a selection of the answers i received on that post.So i put them in a clear list..

The go home brigade was only able to come up with more restrictions for us and so i excluded their input.

Talk to any foreign citizen in Thailand and 95% of them will agree with us that the poorly thai government treatment and their unfair laws for foreign citizens should be more in balance and there for updated.

If you guys thinking foreigners going to agree with you and all your silly restrictions and zero improvements for us and for your self well sorry but that does not make any sense..

Yes great list with restrictions you have produced....But if you don,t mind i will not include any of your comments in our list cause we are looking for improvements for foreigners and not more restrictions for us over here..

I think some foreigners would agree with me that these are improvements for foreigners, as it will cut down the numbers of foreigners half wits who are making demands in a country they are not even legally resident of

I could be wrong

If all foreigners stopped to visit and or to live in Thailand then Thailand can close down 95% of all its hotels,taxis in the Country etc etc ..basically Leaving the country bankrupt.I sure Thais will care about that.Thailand heavily relies on income from foreigners both tourist and long term stayers.Therefor Thailand should make sure its foreign visitors remain happy...That is not the case now due too poorly treatment for foreigners in their laws..I refer back to the punch list.

Where did I say anything about all foreigners not visiting or living in Thailand

I responded to "Fix these laws it might stop foreigners relocating from Thailand to Spain."

now if they went to Lithuania Thais would be all broken up over it, but Spain? not so much

I say those who want to go to Spain, GO, and not let the door hit you on the ass

The rest please don't go. we have cookies biggrin.png and Thai ice tea

As pj asked earlier who is the "we" you keep referring to - or is that just a speech habit ingrained from waving at the masses as you go past? laugh.png

Earlier i placed a post on TVF about what can be improved for us foreigners in Thailand

This is a selection of the answers i received on that post.So i put them in a clear list..

The go home brigade was only able to come up with more restrictions for us and so i excluded their input.

Talk to any foreign citizen in Thailand and 95% of them will agree with us that the poorly thai government treatment and their unfair laws for foreign citizens should be more in balance and there for updated.

If you guys thinking foreigners going to agree with you and all your silly restrictions and zero improvements for us and for your self well sorry but that does not make any sense..

And there in is the point " foreign citizens " the problem is with manifesto's like yours' is that you have come to Thailand as a foreigner and demand the same rights as a Thai citizen and 99% of foreigners are not even permanent residents in Thailand, what gives you the right to even make these demands ? None

Further, if Thailand had the immigration polices that some western countries have, ie you need to qualify eg a points system or similar to remain in Thailand long term, one suspects the vast majority of people who are " demanding " rights wouldn't even qualify under any system

The bottom line is be careful what you ask for/ or demand because you may not like what gets put in place

I think some foreigners would agree with me that these are improvements for foreigners, as it will cut down the numbers of foreigners half wits who are making demands in a country they are not even legally resident of

I do agree that the first thing the Thai government should do is to up the financial requirements for foreigners who want to stay in Thailand.

This would improve the quality of the foreigners living here (and thus seriously up the level of the farang community), like it is the case in Malaysia.

Once the level would be up, the government would be well inspired to provide a few incentives to be sure that these foreigners stay...

But, looking at the overall picture of the farang community at the moment, ... why would the government want to do anything. There would be very little added value for the country.

The Thai government should push the Thailand Elite card, make it more expensive to stay long term in Thailand, better screen foreigners and attract quality people, while trying to have less of those who do not bring anything to the economy.

My humble opinion :)

souty,

the op as stated he dosnt even live here,

so for the life of me i cant understand why he is making so much noise,

must have a sad life at home to be on here complaining about things that go on in thailand

Jada jada jada..

Your are all from the u go home brigade that is clear....All u seem to want is simply more restrictions then currently for foreigners(citizens) here.

We want purely improvements for us that why we made an improvement list..

The current unfair restrictions for foreigners in Thailand are one of the reasons that brings Thailand in a economic recession: housing market flat,new businesses flat,tourist numbers flat.Lately hardly any foreigner plans to invest money in Thailand (except perhaps some chinese) for either holiday ,real estate,and or open a business especially if u need to invest 100% to own only 49%.So hardly any tax revenue for Thailand from this.While the country depends heavily on investments and spending money from foreigners.Its a tourist country right..Foreigners have stopped to invest big and small investors stopped.large foreign companies in Thailand are relocating to Vietnam for example..

Do me a huge favor go make your own list with all your sought after new restrictions that will effect all of us even more.We will continue to keep push forward our list with improvements..

Let see how popular you guys be with your huge restriction list for all of us.Besides the u better go home brigade outcast!.

Jada jada jada..

Your are all from the u go home brigade that is clear....All u seem to want is simply more restrictions then currently for foreigners(citizens) here.

We want purely improvements for us that why we made an improvement list..

The current unfair restrictions for foreigners in Thailand are one of the reasons that brings Thailand in a economic recession: housing market flat,new businesses flat,tourist numbers flat.Lately hardly any foreigner plans to invest money in Thailand (except perhaps some chinese) for either holiday ,real estate,and or open a business especially if u need to invest 100% to own only 49%.So hardly any tax revenue for Thailand from this.While the country depends heavily on investments and spending money from foreigners.Its a tourist country right..Foreigners have stopped to invest big and small investors stopped.large foreign companies in Thailand are relocating to Vietnam for example..

Do me a huge favor go make your own list with all your sought after new restrictions that will effect all of us even more.We will continue to keep push forward our list with improvements..

Let see how popular you guys be with your huge restriction list for all of us.Besides the u better go home brigade outcast!.

Stating your opinions as fact, you must be a lefty...

Here the results 92 % of the 700 voters would like to be able to buy a small land plot in their own name.Just only a poor 8% agrees with the u better go home brigade...

Since its only 8% i do not know why they have such big mouth on these forums while hardly anyone agreeing with them..Here i copy paste for u ..:

Poll: SURVEY: Should foreigners be allowed to own land? (722 member(s) have cast votes)
Should foreigners be allowed to own real estate?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Yes, foreigners should be able to own any type of real estate that can be purchased by a Thai national. (133 votes [20.75%])

2. Yes, foreigners should be able to own real estate, but the type and amound should be limited. (251 votes [39.16%])

3. No, foreigners should not be allowed to buy real estate under any circumstances. (52 votes [8.11%])

4. Foreigners should be allowed to own real estate if their home country allows Thais to own real estate. (205 votes [31.98%])