Personal weight management trainer

Hi,

I am looking for information on a personal weight managerment trainer in the Pattaya area. The issues i have is i am over weight and have tried everything, and i mean everything. I have quit drinking, do regualar execise, try to eat more healthy but i see no results. I have even used the XENICAL prescription drug from the doctor.

I need to try to see if there is anyone with proven experiance who can help?

Cheers.

Hey Gavin, sorry I can't help with your request for a trainer, but I just wanted to give my support mate and share a few things with you that you might not like to hear but may find helpful.

First thing....Fact, if you take in more calories than you burn......you will gain weight, Nothing to do with your metabolic rate, forget the "gotta eat 10 small meals a day......No....Gotta eat one big on B/S", just put in less than you burn...you will lose weight...... Sorry but that had to be said!

Secondly..... Living in a warm/hot climate will work against you as far as burning calories, the body will burn less in a warm environment as opposed to a cold one.

Lastly... You will loose more weight by doing light to moderate activity every day, pretty much all day than doing a 2 hours high energy work out per day, but sat the rest of the time sat still.

Its simple really, but hard to follow, stay active plus exercise once a day, alternate.....cardio one day, resistance the next......eat well, watch what you put in your mouth....Be honest with yourself.....Good luck!

You can join Weight Watchers online proven formula that works, of course you will need to cook otherwise you won't know the points value of the food your eating, they have online support but due to the USA or the Australian site you join time zones will be somewhat out.

Most over weight people eat to much pure and simple, they have lost track of portion sizes Weight Watchers will open your eyes.

If you really want to know how many calories you eat or drink each day then you really must have a digital scale to measure everything you eat and this is the only way to assure that you gradually lose weight (fat that is). Anyone saying anything else is either lying or ignorant. You can't continue to eat "just like you used to" just because you happen to exercise. Two beer for instance equals about 45-60 minutes on the threadmil. Furthermore if you are really planning to lose weight i would say that weight lifting is far more important to do than say running or walking as the strength training will help you preserve your muscles.

What you have to do, as i already wrote, is to start weighing your food (all of it!) and eat a certain amount of calories each day (start atleast on 2500 each day) for a few weeks and check your weight each morning after the usual piss and mark down the weight. If nothing has happened then you are most surely eating just enough calories to maintain your weight and should drop the amount of calories by about 500 each day. And you should eat atleast 1 gram of proteins per kg of body weight to combat the muscle lose while on diet.

If you really want to know how many calories you eat or drink each day then you really must have a digital scale to measure everything you eat and this is the only way to assure that you gradually lose weight (fat that is). Anyone saying anything else is either lying or ignorant. You can't continue to eat "just like you used to" just because you happen to exercise. Two beer for instance equals about 45-60 minutes on the threadmil. Furthermore if you are really planning to lose weight i would say that weight lifting is far more important to do than say running or walking as the strength training will help you preserve your muscles.

What you have to do, as i already wrote, is to start weighing your food (all of it!) and eat a certain amount of calories each day (start atleast on 2500 each day) for a few weeks and check your weight each morning after the usual piss and mark down the weight. If nothing has happened then you are most surely eating just enough calories to maintain your weight and should drop the amount of calories by about 500 each day. And you should eat atleast 1 gram of proteins per kg of body weight to combat the muscle lose while on diet.

Thanks for this info and i do think about what i eat and can almost guarentee that i dont eat anyting liket 2500 calories per day i would guess it to be more like 1500 maybe less. The exercise i do is road cycling and i do around 80km per week at a decent pace (not just pottering along, i push myself hard). I have cut out alchohol completly just now also. I am also in the process of putting a gym into my house so i can weight train also as you have mentioned. I am 6ft and 120kgs and am naturally larger built. I would like to be 100kgs.

Thanks for this info and i do think about what i eat and can almost guarentee that i dont eat anyting liket 2500 calories per day i would guess it to be more like 1500 maybe less. The exercise i do is road cycling and i do around 80km per week at a decent pace (not just pottering along, i push myself hard). I have cut out alchohol completly just now also. I am also in the process of putting a gym into my house so i can weight train also as you have mentioned. I am 6ft and 120kgs and am naturally larger built. I would like to be 100kgs.

If you really were eating 1500 kcal each day then that would be way way too little and it would eventually really mess with your metabolism and hormones. Not forget that eating fat is life essential so eating something like atleast 60 grams fat is very important. But it's impossible to know that you are really eating 1500 kcal a day as "guestimates" around kcal have been proven to be way wrong in studies.

I really recommend you order a digital scale from say lazada (cost like 300-400 baht) and write down (or use smartphone) you caloric intake each day.

I don't really need to loose weight but I wanted to get healthier and give my body a wake up call. I dropped everything containing sugar out of my diet, soft drinks, cakes, donuts etc. I also stopped the beer and other alcohol. In addition, bread, rice, dairy and meat was gone. I ate mainly vegetables, fruit, hummus, nuts, sunflower seeds, baked or grilled fish, beans and used only apple cider vinegar, olive oil and honey for all dressings. I drank lots of water. I exercised about 30 to 45 minutes a day, 20 in gym and remaining in pool. I dropped 3 kg in two weeks and felt great. I am now back eating pizza and other items but nothing sweet, fried or dairy and my meat intake is very low. I stay with the exercise. I could have kept up the diet for a few months and lost even more weight but that was not my aim.

Not sure if anything I said would fit but just wanted to let you know my story. I would think two months on my same diet a drop of 10 to 15kg would be possible. Good luck !

At the start of the year when my iphone updated and got the new fangled health tracker, I discovered I was exercising much less than the average person - too much sitting at a desk... Since the start of the year I've endeavoured to take an average 3000 steps a day minimum (which is low average, 20 mins reasonably intense on the cross trainer every day) and also to drink 2 litres of water a day.

Lost 10 kilos in 6 months just doing the above. Have always had a slim build and wasn't especially overweight - skinny fat, but have gone from 74kg to 64kg and to be honest it has been really easy.

I think in fact that the water is the main thing, I was dehydrated, probably only drinking less than a litre a day, and also it fills you up so I eat smaller portions. Haven't modified what I eat aside from perhaps portion size. As a first step - make sure you're getting a minimum of 2 litres of water spread out across the day.

Apparently the dad bod is now in vogue though, which sums up my life.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

At the start of the year when my iphone updated and got the new fangled health tracker, I discovered I was exercising much less than the average person - too much sitting at a desk... Since the start of the year I've endeavoured to take an average 3000 steps a day minimum (which is low average, 20 mins reasonably intense on the cross trainer every day) and also to drink 2 litres of water a day.

Lost 10 kilos in 6 months just doing the above. Have always had a slim build and wasn't especially overweight - skinny fat, but have gone from 74kg to 64kg and to be honest it has been really easy.

I think in fact that the water is the main thing, I was dehydrated, probably only drinking less than a litre a day, and also it fills you up so I eat smaller portions. Haven't modified what I eat aside from perhaps portion size. As a first step - make sure you're getting a minimum of 2 litres of water spread out across the day.

Apparently the dad bod is now in vogue though, which sums up my life.

Dad bod... the body for women who are extremely insecure about themself.

Surely at body like this[1] (or "way" less muscular) is preferred by most (as in >99%) women compared to this[2]. And i'm just comparing these two as "which body would you like your man to have".

[1] https://goo.gl/SsW2aA

[2] https://goo.gl/pphxJw

I have a lot of experience in weight training and such. However I also got fat in the past. It all comes down to your diet. So that is the key exercise is just extra and helps for sure to keep you healthy and give you some muscles. But it does not do much for the burning of calories and fat loss.

To really test if your eating that much I would advise finding some set meals (and prepare them yourself) and eat those for 2 weeks (and no alcohol). If you dont prepare your own food its hard to really know how many calories you get. So a meal plan would help.

For instance start the day with 60 grams of oatmeal mixed with 240ml of milk maybe add a bit of protein. This would be a nice start of the day. You should find more meals like that that are easy to make and if you know the exact calories of those you can really see what you eat.

Remember drinking coca cola and such is lot of hidden calories.. same goes for alcohol.

I have a lot of experience in weight training and such. However I also got fat in the past. It all comes down to your diet. So that is the key exercise is just extra and helps for sure to keep you healthy and give you some muscles. But it does not do much for the burning of calories and fat loss.

To really test if your eating that much I would advise finding some set meals (and prepare them yourself) and eat those for 2 weeks (and no alcohol). If you dont prepare your own food its hard to really know how many calories you get. So a meal plan would help.

For instance start the day with 60 grams of oatmeal mixed with 240ml of milk maybe add a bit of protein. This would be a nice start of the day. You should find more meals like that that are easy to make and if you know the exact calories of those you can really see what you eat.

Remember drinking coca cola and such is lot of hidden calories.. same goes for alcohol.

I already drink a protein shake in the morning and after rides on the bike. I am going to try the measuring out of food and writing down the calorie intake but i know it will be low (probably to low).

I already drink a protein shake in the morning and after rides on the bike. I am going to try the measuring out of food and writing down the calorie intake but i know it will be low (probably to low).

I am also one of those people who could not eat 2.500 calories.. its an average and within the population a 20% margin is normal. In general i am between 1500 and 2000 calories. It was real hard for me to loose weight for some it just goes slower. Unfortunately we can't do anything about it. But I lost 25 kg anyway.

You could go to one of the labs and let your thyroid be examined, but face it there will always be lucky people and unlucky ones. We all know the skinny girl that can eat all she wants and the guy that workouts a lot but get fat easy.

I wish i could bring you more good news, there are supplements that help a bit.. but we are talking 5% extra burn maximal.

For some people extra testosterone seems to help (HRT)

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Gav... Its diet mate. Hardest thing is giving up all the sugar.. Well for me it was especially early on... I eat as much as I can but all protein and low carb.. Diet plays a bigger role then the gym.. You can work out as much as you like but if you run to Kfc or McDonalds after its not going to give you results.

High protein low carb... Then you dont need to be counting calories.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

• 4 weeks later...

I want to help you.

simple energy balance energy total = energy input - energy output if you are eating more calories or joules than you are expending you will not lose weight.

weight loss routine for you - wake at 4 am, go for nice 1 hour fast walk and work up to 1 hour run 4 times a week. on 2 or 3 other days do heavy weight lifting. Drink 3 glasses of water before you eat any meal. measure the amount of carbs you have and halve it, e.g. one cup of rice with a meal becomes half a cup. Try and replace the majority of your diet with salad, fruit and vegetables to take up the space the carbs used to fill. Eat only good protein lean chicken, fish, beef etc, none of that processed crap.

continue this for at least one month and watch the difference, you have not tried anything since total energy will always be equal to input - output.