Thai Tourism Ministry assures diplomats travel here is safe for their citizens

webfact

Safe in Thailand?

What a load of BS... Unsafe local airlines, regularly crashing regional buses, derailing trains, sinking ferry boats or speedboats killing ocean swimmers, bicyclists getting run down by speeding cars, polluted beaches and ocean waters, disfunctional criminal justice system, little serious enforcement of crimes against foreigners, and on and on....

I see articles of doom and gloom in Phuket about hotel occupancy rates falling through the ground.

But I see all is GREAT, with tourism up 19 % and spending up 19% so this lady should sit down

with the hotel operators in Phuket to tell them how mistaken they are. Everything is great. whistling.gif

Safe in Thailand?

What a load of BS... Unsafe local airlines, regularly crashing regional buses, derailing trains, sinking ferry boats or speedboats killing ocean swimmers, bicyclists getting run down by speeding cars, polluted beaches and ocean waters, disfunctional criminal justice system, little serious enforcement of crimes against foreigners, and on and on....

And your point is ;-)

>>The ministry is planning to launch a campaign for the first time called "Muslim Friendly Destination", which will target Muslim nations.<< Quote

That will solve a few dress code problems during Songkran!!

post-218648-0-68633000-1432802042_thumb.

Madame Popcorn : ""This is the first time that I am officially meeting with foreigners. "

She has only been the Minister of Tourism for one year..................

Busy with the dictionary before this exciting meeting: Hansum man...............it is sooo big................giggle.gif

There are crimes against tourists and tourist scams in every tourist destination.

What makes the difference is how the police handle it.

Enough said.

I've not been to "every tourist destination", therefore, I cannot speak with any credibility on that topic.

The article seems to speak about safety, which includes things such as public transportation, entertainment venues (such as bungee jumping, elephant rides, shooting ranges, climbing, etc), pedestrian safety on roadways, bike safety, etc. It does not seem to center solely around scams and crimes against persons.

The hollow statements and reassurances made by various officials in the past and recently, seem to have no effect on the number of tourists that are ripped apart by boat propellers; maimed and killed on crashed tour buses; splattered all over the roadways by hit and run drivers; mugged and thugged; drowned on overcrowded boats that capsize, etc. These are all examples that have occurred in Chonburi Province within the last year. It is well known what else goes on in the rest of this country are far as crimes against persons are concerned.

From my small portal, it seems that it's a free-for-all, with little or no consequence for the perpetrators that prey on locals and tourists alike.

* Remember to look four-ways when crossing a one way street or riding a bike. If you are hit and killed, a small fine will the driver most likely pay and your demise will be but an insignificant footnote on a long, long list of others who have met a similar fate.

Welcome tourists to cloud cuckoo land whistling.gif

We have one of the highest death rates in the world from road accidents so, please, stay off the roads and you will be safe. Do not worry about taxis or scammers or any other form of cheating, everything is under control! We have a long list of things we are going to do, to protect you. TITS, courtesy of TAT coffee1.gif

It will only get worse as the global economic recession bites. Thais poor track record of tourist safety, tourist rip offs and its polluted environment will all cost Thailand. Less overall tourist and more competition for their tourist dollars from much safer and better quality environments will see a further decline in Thai tourist numbers. The only advantage Thailand has is its sex trade, this will always be the backbone of Thai tourism.

Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul on Tuesday warned all foreigners are strongly advised to stay away from high rise balconies.

+ if female not to drink in Kanchanaburi;

+ go walking on the beach in Koh Tao;

+ attempt to get a deckchair in Phuket; a taxi in soi 4 BKK;

+ not to rent a jet-ski in Pattaya;

The ministry is planning to launch a campaign for the first time called "Muslim Friendly Destination", which will target Muslim nations.

my god is the tat really getting that desperate for big numbers

There have always been big tourist numbers out of Malaysia.

It is devout Muslims who come up to the border towns to

boink Thai hookers, then head back to Malaysia to become

devout again. In fact for years the largest tourist visitors to

Thailand were in fact from Malaysia, a little known secret.

Now am sure the big numbers are from the lovely Chinese

tourists......

The Thai govt should pass a new law:

Anyone thinking of becoming a tourist to Thailand should be required to read the ThaiVisa news section every day for a month, without fail, prior to their trip.

The ensuing cavalcade of fatal bus and minivan crashes, balcony jumps, tourist assaults, vendor ripoffs, local airline safety failings, meter taxis that won't take meter fares, fatal bicycle/car crashes, jet ski and speed boat mishaps, train derailments, not to mention the occasional bombing, should be more than enough to warn away anyone with any wits about them.

I feel relatively safe at home here in BKK, live on quiet street in a safe setting. But traveling about Thailand as a tourist these days, I wouldn't do it. Just going from place A to place b, you're placing your life at risk.

Does this Kobkarn woman come from the planet Zod ?

Thailand has a daily dose of tourist rip-off,s , mini van crashes , coach crashes , jet ski scams, and a whole host of other ways in which Tourists are subjected to Thai hospitality. ( or should that be Hospitals ).

If this lady cant say anything constructive, or truthful, she should shut the F*** up, or at least give her A*** a chance to speak some sense.