Thai TV to switch to satellite and cable TV after dumping digital TV

webfact

Thai TV to switch to satellite and cable TV after dumping digital TV

5-27-2015-10-56-32-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Cash-strapped Thai TV Company will invest about 100 million baht in producing contents for TV Channel 3 after having suffered about 300 million baht loss in operating two digital TV channels, Loca children’s programme and Thai TV news programme for one year.

The company has decided to return its two licenses to the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission after it failed to pay the second instalment of auction to NBTC on May 25.

Thai TV director Mr Supinyo Munrutham told a press conference on Wednesday that the company had notified NBTC of its decision to back off from operating the two digital TV stations because the NBTA has failed to fulfil its obligations of network installation and public access to digital TV reception.

The company’s lawyer, Mr Suchart Chomkul, said the company would not pay the second instalment to NBTC claiming that the regulator has broken the set conditions.

Meanwhile Mr Dome Charoenyos, an information technology expert of the company, said the company expected to make profits at the end of this year after it switched to satellite and cable TV services.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-tv-to-switch-to-satellite-and-cable-tv-after-dumping-digital-tv

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-28

Just asking Does Thai TV know you can send digital signal over a cable TV line? and get HD and digital delivered the same way? Well It works in The Philippines that way and does real good even got internet thru same. Guess things work different in LOS.

Just asking Does Thai TV know you can send digital signal over a cable TV line? and get HD and digital delivered the same way? Well It works in The Philippines that way and does real good even got internet thru same. Guess things work different in LOS.

Indeed !

I have Sky Cable in my Manila condo and it works well. It is High Definition too.

In my Bangkok condo I have Satellite TV and it is a dayly nightmare. Channels disappear without warning and forget about expecting an answer from the Cable company about the problems. Most movies are shown dubbed in Thai and... ready for this? Subtitled in Thai too !

Thais put up with it and expect Farangs to do likewise. One facet of Thainess is always trying to go back to the past but with a mobile phone and Line full of stickers

Thainess is for Thais... I never forget that.