What places to sell 2nd hand camera gear?

Tywais

I have two micro 4/3s camera kits (Panasonic & Olympus), upgraded recently, and need to sell the 1st kit. Any recommendations on where I may be able to sell them. Already familiar with TV classifieds but prefer perhaps a store for convenience.

I was very pleased with the results I got in consigning my used photo gear at Photo Bug on Chang Puak Road. They are knowledgeable, professional, and honest. They quickly sold my old stuff that I thought would have been a tough sell, and got a far better price even after their reasonable commission, than I would have gotten on my own.

I had to force myself to take the money and go, before turning around and buying some more gear from them. It's a beautiful shop, full of the best stuff, new and used. I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Thanks for the FB idea. Vaguely remember seeing ADs from sites like that on my FB page in the past.

As we know, the technology advances very quickly today and within a year it`s already out dated. At my home there is a corner of the room that looks like a camera, mobile phone and computer museum, stuff now that I can`t even give away, let alone sell.

My advice is; as one poster already mentioned, the FB sites, but also the Thailand craigslist is very good for selling items, it does have an exclusive Chiang Mai section. Another method is to print your own ad and you can advertise on the notice boards outside the Rimping supermarkets. We once sold a table and chairs set using those boards, went within 4 days after pinning up the ad.

I bought the latest greatest camera at the Photobug on Chang Pueak and they gave me what I considered a very generous offer on my 8 yr old Cannon SLR. Not sure if it was because kind of a trade-in but didn't get that feeling. They have always treated me right with advise, sales, repair etc and consider them a true gem in the jungle of retailers here.

I bought the latest greatest camera at the Photobug on Chang Pueak and they gave me what I considered a very generous offer on my 8 yr old Cannon SLR. Not sure if it was because kind of a trade-in but didn't get that feeling. They have always treated me right with advise, sales, repair etc and consider them a true gem in the jungle of retailers here.

Thanks for the Photobug tip. Been there once a while back to get some gear and wasn't aware of their consigning 2nd hand equipment. Actually I'm selling it to get a new very expensive lens so maybe I'll go there and see about trade in for partial cost of the lens.