Thailand celebrates 'supportive' relationship with North Korea

webfact

Thailand celebrates 'supportive' relationship with North Korea
By Coconuts Bangkok

flag-pins-thailand-north-korea.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand celebrated 40 years of diplomatic relations with North Korea this month.

The two nations released commemorative postage stamps featuring their national birds, the Northern Goshawk and Siamese fireback, meaning citizen-internees of the DPRK can swell with pride when their pre-opened mail shows up three months late.

“We support human causes in the DPRK,” Thai diplomat Cherdchai Chaivaivid said vaguely and uncomfortably in an interview with state broadcaster NBT World. “Both countries support each other in the international community.” [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/28/thailand-celebrates-supportive-relationship-north-korea

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-28

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes all you can do is hang your head with disbelief.

Seriously, we're now celebrating relations with the most bizarre authoritarian and all round bat shit crazy regime? I'm almost ready to celebrate fixing deck chair and taxi scams, helluva lot less crazy!

"The two nations released commemorative postage stamps featuring their national birds, the Northern Goshawk and Siamese fireback, meaning citizen-internees of the DPRK can swell with pride when their pre-opened mail shows up three months late."

OK, I'm not a fan of coconuts or some of the nonsense they present as news, but that sentence is sheer bloody genius.

Kudos.

Seriously, we're now celebrating relations with the most bizarre authoritarian and all round bat shit crazy regime? I'm almost ready to celebrate fixing deck chair and taxi scams, helluva lot less crazy!

Dislike them all you want, but there is nothing crazy at all about the D.P.R.K. leadership. They know exactly what they are doing.

Dislike them all you want, but there is nothing crazy at all about the D.P.R.K. leadership. They know exactly what they are doing.

Mass murder = psychopath = crazy. At least in my book.

Possibly the first two generations did but the guy in power right now is clearly a clueless trigger happy fruit cake.

You have a curious definition of whats not crazy!

3:06 strategic goals of the leaders - no longer unification or economic development, but to die natural deaths in their own beds (not in exile) at an old age

10:30 Rule 1 - No reforms (ie, Chinese-style, market economy)

22:40 Rule 2 - Keep nukes (protects against outside & inside enemies)

27:15 without reform, North Korea can't produce enough food to feed its population, but with nukes (or offers to slow down their development) it can blackmail China, Japan, South Korea, and the US to give it food

31:29 Rule 3 - kill dissenters - zero tolerance for any political dissent

facepalm.gif

Edited by Morakot

I know this is a little OT but watch the coconuts video. There is footage of a Thai A380 landing...stock footage I guess. Is it me or is that landing a little shaky? Looks like the aircraft is rolling significantly on final approach.

Edited by deckape

Mass murder = psychopath = crazy. At least in my book.

Bush

Obama

Churchill

have killed lot more people (including civilians women, children) than the crazy one in NK.

Don't forget his father bought a complete brewery in Great Britain disassembled it there and sent it to NK to produce cheap good quality beer for his people.

Whenever did my government worry for my thirst?

"The two nations released commemorative postage stamps featuring their national birds, the Northern Goshawk and Siamese fireback, meaning citizen-internees of the DPRK can swell with pride when their pre-opened mail shows up three months late."

OK, I'm not a fan of coconuts or some of the nonsense they present as news, but that sentence is sheer bloody genius.

Kudos.

Indeed.

I am reminded of the comments by the daughter of Google Chairman Schmidt, after visiting N. Korea and being shown a room full of people supposedly web surfing.

"One problem: No one was actually doing anything. A few scrolled or clicked, but the rest just stared. More disturbing: when our group walked in--a noisy bunch, with media in tow--not one of them looked up from their desks. Not a head turn, no eye contact, no reaction to stimuli. They might as well have been figurines. "

"Of all the stops we made, the e-Potemkin Village was among the more unsettling. We knew nothing about what we were seeing, even as it was in front of us. Were they really students? Did our handlers honestly think we bought it? Did they even care? Photo op and tour completed, maybe they dismantled the whole set and went home."

More hilarity at https://sites.google.com/site/sophieinnorthkorea/home

In the past 12 months I remember three posts of this quality.

One was about Hitler fried chicken and chips.

The second was the Chula graduates with a Nazi salute.

This "celebration" is the third.

Frankly speaking I tried to write off the first to the shop owner's stupidity.

It was much more difficult to consider Chula Graduates stupid. But I tried to assign it to Thai Education System shortfalls.

Could somebody help me to classify this one, please. "Kindred spirits" comes to mind. But our Leader looks much more dignified.

I am really lost.

Edited by ABCer

Possibly the first two generations did but the guy in power right now is clearly a clueless trigger happy fruit cake.
Come on, stop messing about, tell us what you really think of him ;-)

I know this is a little OT but watch the coconuts video. There is footage of a Thai A380 landing...stock footage I guess. Is it me or is that landing a little shaky? Looks like the aircraft is rolling significantly on final approach.

No, not Pyongyang. Sunan airport is much smaller.