WE TV / CTH

Kered

I guess that others may have also received a letter from WE TV to say they are discontinuing the provision of the CTH channels from 1st June. WE TV gave no reason and simply said that they hope to provide more channels soon but in fact they recently reduced the channels that they provide and now offer very few English Channels and transmit very poor quality. I contacted CTH to find out if they could provide a service direct but apparently they do not have a cable service at present only satelite. I particularily enjoyed Universal and Foxcrime in addition to the Fox Sport channel for Formula 1 on CTH

Is anyone aware of an alternative other than installing a satelite dish and losing service when it rains? I have previous bad experience with satelite

Which ones are the CTH channels ?

I am not renewing my yearly subscription with them but they don't seem to want to cut me off.

They seem very optimistic that I will go in and renew for another year.

Which ones are the CTH channels ?

I am not renewing my yearly subscription with them but they don't seem to want to cut me off.

They seem very optimistic that I will go in and renew for another year.

There are a large number of CTH channels transmitted by WE TV on the same cable as their standard service some in HD but you required a CTH box to receive them and a special remote supplied by CTH.

I've had WETV (in addition to True) for many years but never heard of "CTH"???

Cth,cable Thai holdings came about a couple of years back now when they entered the market by outbidding True for the English premier league football rights.

This was there main showpiece and to be honest for their price and content and coverage of said football I have been a happy customer since the start.

If you are interested in IPTV (internet protocol TV), iLikeHD have a good selection of programs including CTH, Sky sports and Fox Sports.

Currently I pay 350 baht/month, but they are just now rearranging their packages and prices (from 8 June).

My package will then be 450 baht/month

I watch on computer or on our Smart TV.

You can watch with an android box attached to your TV.

Edit. No dish or cable required, just a reasonable (10Mbit/sec) internet connection.

Edited by rawhod

Spoke to CTH today. Their only option right now for CM customers who want to continue after June 1st is satellite. No good to me as my condo wont allow a dish.

I had the impression from the conversation that they will seek to replace WeTV but certainly not by June 1.!

WeTV carry a Vietnamese channel that has one EPL match- in season of course. But if CTH cant sort this by Mid August when the new EPL starts. I guess I will join all those looking for an alternative.

Most likely WeTV have canceled CTH as the EPL football season is

over,which is why most people wanted CTH. in the first place.

regards Worgeordie

Not a lot of point since it's starting again in about nine weeks.

Most likely WeTV have canceled CTH as the EPL football season is

over,which is why most people wanted CTH. in the first place.

regards Worgeordie

Not a lot of point since it's starting again in about nine weeks.

OK then, so it must be that CTH are wanting to charge them too much for the new season,

regards worgeordie

I have a satellite dish but CTH tell me that they do not have an engineer in Chiang Mai and I have had zero reception for a week. They said that they can send a technician . . . from BANGKOK!! and I would have to pay! I have called their 1619 help desk . that is a misnomer - and they keep saying :"I will give this my personal attention" I have tried to get the email of a corporate Executive at CTH, but cannot find an address - I have also written to the Bangkok Post Editor and hope to get an answser from him. They have EPL for next season but will drop it after that - they paid 4 BILLION baht for the three seasons and hope to get a massive increase in viewers, but with no technicians here . . . ! I don't think that the Forum rules allow you to post the required email addresses, but if anybody has one, please post me directly.

I have a satellite dish but CTH tell me that they do not have an engineer in Chiang Mai and I have had zero reception for a week. They said that they can send a technician . . . from BANGKOK!! and I would have to pay! I have called their 1619 help desk . that is a misnomer - and they keep saying :"I will give this my personal attention" I have tried to get the email of a corporate Executive at CTH, but cannot find an address - I have also written to the Bangkok Post Editor and hope to get an answser from him. They have EPL for next season but will drop it after that - they paid 4 BILLION baht for the three seasons and hope to get a massive increase in viewers, but with no technicians here . . . ! I don't think that the Forum rules allow you to post the required email addresses, but if anybody has one, please post me directly.

Sending emails is a total waste of time to sort this out.just go to one of the many installers with the CTH dishes outside the shop and get one of their guys,will maybe cost under 1,000 b.

We used the one on Hang Dong Rd heading south past Big C ,the first shop ,but they are shops all over the place.

Just for interest what did you expect the Bangkok Post to do ?

We've used a cable company called wizard I think. We replaced wetv with them last year as they were cheaper- they have a few Vietnamese sports channels so for the three o'clock kick offs normally there's a choice of three matches with English commentary

It also has universal channel, Sony channel and a reasonable film channel

Sending emails is a total waste of time to sort this out.just go to one of the many installers with the CTH dishes outside the shop and get one of their guys,will maybe cost under 1,000 b.

We used the one on Hang Dong Rd heading south past Big C ,the first shop ,but they are shops all over the place.

Just for interest what did you expect the Bangkok Post to do ?

Publish the story in the Business section - would stir things up - I have had a response and they are interested - we shall see.

If you are interested in IPTV (internet protocol TV), iLikeHD have a good selection of programs including CTH, Sky sports and Fox Sports.

Currently I pay 350 baht/month, but they are just now rearranging their packages and prices (from 8 June).

My package will then be 450 baht/month

I watch on computer or on our Smart TV.

You can watch with an android box attached to your TV.

Edit. No dish or cable required, just a reasonable (10Mbit/sec) internet connection.

Thank you Rawhod, I will try ilikeHD. I have an Android box and fast internet so should be OK. I found a good review by Richard Barrow.

Be aware that in the past, some Ilikehd channels have frozen and then disappeared for various periods of time. There is no assurance that the channels that are available when you sign up will remain so. Caveat emptor.

I pay CTH annually mainly for EPL. I tend to watch downloaded movies during the week + Sky News & the boxing channel. I have a TOT fibre optic 15mbs connection in my study with Wi-fi. My (Smart TV) is in the living room.

I am interested in trying iLikehd. I have a CTH box for the TV connected to CTH satellite.

If I want to replace CTH please spell out what I need to do.

I do not know what an android box is. Would I need to split my fibre optic cable & run a line to a router (?) near my TV? I am a bit thick when it comes to this new-fangled internet thingy. I live in Bang Saray 20 kms from Pattaya. Is there a local technician who could sort me out?

Please reply using simple words.

Be aware that in the past, some Ilikehd channels have frozen and then disappeared for various periods of time. There is no assurance that the channels that are available when you sign up will remain so. Caveat emptor.

This is also true of other providers.

We had the GMM Gold package last year and they dropped channels during our subscription, notably Eurosport at the turn of the year.