15 Extra Minutes for Govt's Daily TV Show

Lite Beer

15 Extra Minutes for Govt's Daily TV Show

By Khaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Thailand's military government will increase the air time of its daily television show from 15 to 30 minutes, said a spokesperson, citing the need for more time to explain the post-coup government's works in detail.

The show, called 'Thailand Moves Forward,' is produced by the military government and aired daily on all state-owned television channels at 6 pm, except on Fridays.

The 15-minute segment features different officials talking about reforms that have been spearheaded by the junta’s government since the May 2014 coup.

Maj.Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd, a government spokesperson, said that junta chairman and Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha stressed the need to "create understanding" among the public about his government's accomplishments.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1432899853

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-29

Prayuth Chan-ocha stressed the need to "create understanding" among the public about his government's accomplishments.

A 30 second time slot would be sufficient!! (I am being very polite here)

Prayut extends length of 'Thailand Moving Forward' show
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha has ordered that the "Thailand Moving Forward" show broadcast daily at 6pm on all channels be extended from 15 minutes to half an hour as of Monday.

He explained that the broadcast time had to be extended because 15 minutes was not long enough for him and his deputies to deliver important messages to the public.

He said the program would focus on security every Monday, updates on Cabinet meetings on Tuesdays, economy on Wednesdays, social issues on Thursday, "returning happiness to people" on Fridays, foreign affairs on Saturdays and the legal and justice system on Sundays.

"I apologise for using up viewers' time, but will shorten my address on days that have sports broadcasts. The broadcast schedule is being adjusted so I'm the only speaker on Fridays. Addresses by deputy prime ministers and ministers will air at 6pm on other weekdays and would be no longer than half an hour. I ask you for your time accordingly," Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-extends-length-of-Thailand-Moving-Forward-s-30261232.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-29

It's one thing when they put it on free-to-air Thai TV, but quite another thing when it abruptly without warning cuts into a fee-based True Visions HD movie channel. Also it seems random whether it's 6pm or 8pm or somewhere in between. Anyway, stop f'ing with my evening movie that I paid for. Anyway didn't I read yesterday the General was going to reduce the frequency and duration of the show based on negative responses? Flip-flop...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/828862-prayut-to-rethink-time-and-length-of-his-weekly-tv-show

Just a sign of what is coming next year.

If the draft 2015 Constitution does go to a public referendum in 2016, you can bet that this show will be extended an hour to sell the constitution for a "yes" vote. And forbid any opposing opinion broadcasts as violation of Article 44.

Does anyone watch these?

Rapid channel changes in our house.

We gave up watching Thai TV in our house. Even the soaps and regular TV shows are ridiculous now with the gov rules on promoting happiness. It seems their idea of this is to force programming to singing shows. Most of the time when TV is turned on we watch DVDs. It was only yesterday that P said even he was bored watching his own show. Now they will make it even longer. Sad that the airwaves were forced to halt any semblance of entertainment.

Its going to be a fight over the TV set in our home, have to come up with a great plan to get the GF of the soaps so I can watch this fantastic 'Thailand Moves Forward' show. The Sunday show must be the comedy day when they are airing "the legal and justice system". I Think that I will skip the Wednesday show, it will be a very dull show I believe.

"I apologise for using up viewers' time, but will shorten my address on days that have sports broadcasts"

That says it all! "Really, what we are doing is very little and certainly not as important as volleyball or football, which actually show results" :-)

Does anyone watch these?

Rapid channel changes in our house.

None of the Thais in my house have any interest. As soon as it comes on, they all start cooking, going to their smart phones, etc. TV goes off. They recognize propaganda and just are not interested.

Have anyone ever conducted a survey to see the viewing number these propaganda shows. As they don't use sign language for these shows it reflects their lack of sensitivity to the disabled. A waste of tax payers money, instead of talking about what you are going to do start doing things to improve the lives of ordinary Thai's.

Lets hope their understanding of how to conduct military affairs is better than their approach to creating enjoyable TV programming.

Really not required. They are bordered by such ferocious foes.

With their number of Generals spending all their time in increasing their fortunes they are actually better since they will have a smaller committee.

For an example of their abilities look at the situation in the South. Also note all the prisoner camps being discovered which they knew nothing about.

The show, called 'Thailand Moves Forward,' is produced by the military government and aired daily on all state-owned television channels at 6 pm, except on Fridays.

It seems to also appear on some channels I very much doubt are owned by the state.

It's one thing when they put it on free-to-air Thai TV, but quite another thing when it abruptly without warning cuts into a fee-based True Visions HD movie channel. Also it seems random whether it's 6pm or 8pm or somewhere in between. Anyway, stop f'ing with my evening movie that I paid for. Anyway didn't I read yesterday the General was going to reduce the frequency and duration of the show based on negative responses? Flip-flop...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/828862-prayut-to-rethink-time-and-length-of-his-weekly-tv-show

Its like pulling petals from a Petunia chanting now they love now they don't.

This shows a startling level of incompetence in Psychological Operations. No wonder it took them twenty years to figure out how to end the Communist Insurgencies (the Northeastern one and the Southern one were quite separate). One of the things that prevents me from hating retired General Prem Tinsulanonda, the only general to understand that it was a political problem. General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, too.

Maybe the PM and got should introduce drum rolls, bells and whistles etc to emphasise important points as these are things the average Thai viewer can relate to.

Then it really would look like the ¨Magic Roundabout¨.......