Emirates bumped me off my reserved seat - bawstards!

Gsxrnz

In First on Emirates you get your own personal cabin....huge TV...6 and a half foot fully reclining bed and a pop up thing full of snacks and soft drinks.

The Dom Perignon is a button away too.....

Just to keep y'all informed hehe.

An on demand meals, a shower room on the A 380 a waterfall at the front on boarding converts to a small bar with big rear bar, electrically operated pop up mini bar ,free writing set, pyjamas and the hostess will turn down the bed for you................not sure what else she'll do though? But to be honest its way overpriced and their business class is half the price of first and is almost as good.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you get anything from Emirates apart from an apology. They held up their end of the bargain. They got you from A to B on a seat. They reserve the right to reseat, retime, chang the aircraft type, reroute for operational reasons. Best outcome is possibly some Skywards miles so make sure you quote your number in your letter. If you are going to complain best to write a letter not an email.

not sure I agree with that,

I have never, NEVER, seen on a ticket with pre booked seats that the airline reserves its right to reseat me, I have never seen that, with any airline anywhere in the world

its a problem that airlines think they can do whatever they fancy for their own benefit

they have a plane with 100 seats, they sell 130 seats, 120 pax turn up for the flight and 20 pax are told to piss off, confirmed tickets regardless

in my view this is a blunt criminal act (fraud is coming to mind)

which furniture store would get away with selling 25 of their 15 sofas?

or a store selling 35 of 15 available fridges?

The guy still got his flight. He wasn't bumped off the flight due to overbooking. The OP is not happy because he thought he was seated on a certain seat number in economy and when he boarded Emirates had changed his seat to another somewhere else in economy. Identical seat just somewhere else in the cabin. At the end of the day he got what he paid for thats why i doubt there is any compensation due.

20 years ago they would have done something nice for you but today, maybe not. 20 years ago a friend and I were in Madrid waiting for a flight to New York. Over the PA they announced that the flight was overbooked and asked for volunteers to take the next flight about 3 hours later. They were offering enough miles as incentive to make another free flight. We volunteered because we didn't have a need to get back in a hurry.

Not only did they credit our mileage accounts at the counter, but when they boarded us on the next flight they put us in first class - something they hadn't mentioned. Today I think we are just cattle.

dear passenger,

which specific seat would you like to check, and book?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/Emirates_Airlines_Boeing_777-300ER_3class_private.php

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qantas_Airways/Qantas_Airways_Airbus_A330-300.php

etc etc etc

gee, there's even Business Class seats that have undesirable problems to avoid...

20 years ago they would have done something nice for you but today, maybe not. 20 years ago a friend and I were in Madrid waiting for a flight to New York. Over the PA they announced that the flight was overbooked and asked for volunteers to take the next flight about 3 hours later. They were offering enough miles as incentive to make another free flight. We volunteered because we didn't have a need to get back in a hurry.

Not only did they credit our mileage accounts at the counter, but when they boarded us on the next flight they put us in first class - something they hadn't mentioned. Today I think we are just cattle.

Some years ago now they changed their frequent flyer programme to a frequent spender programme and also halved the rewards, but that's right, today they couldn't give a toss about you even in First, I cam back to the Uk first, the bleeding tv didn't work, I complained and got 30000 miles free, ticket was +£4000 so really they gave me very little indeed, many times too they have forgotten to bring me the welcome drink....sometimes I wonder why I bother using them but their flight times and route suits me best, to be honest service really aint what it used to be.

Most airlines do that stuff today. If they deny you boarding i.e. won't let you on the flight because they over booked it, you should get cash compensation, hotel and food until the next fight and possibly an upgrade and air miles.

In the OP's case he got a different seat number than the one he selected during online check-in. He wasn't bumped off a flight.

prefer etihad or qatar, newer fleet, better food and more often then not i get an empty seat next to me.

on the other had emirates is the only airline to upgrade me to business class. not worth the money IMHO.

Qatar has a380 serving bangkok I think. Hope to fly in it someday.

In Feb we flew from Manchester and we was delayed, missed our connecting flight in Dubai for Bangkok. We were greeted off the plane and told to go to a desk to arrange another flight this was 7am I knew they had another flight in 2 hrs but they tried putting us on an evening flight to Mumbai and then another 5 hr wait for another flight to Bangkok. Most people were excepting this I said point blank no! I wanted the next flight out, after a hour of me going on we got upgraded to business class on the next flight.

I made a huge mistake once and thought lets try Air Asia from Australia to Bangkok. Never again, it was awful.

But then it occurred to me, they got us there and back safely.

Which posters remember the hilarious thread some years ago about the guy who always demanded the same seat in the Bangkok coffee shop, and went crazy when some TV posters 'colluded' to occupy his reserved seat before he arrived for his coffee.

That was a great thread.

Now OP, by any chance, were you that guy in the coffee shop? :)

dear passenger,

which specific seat would you like to check, and book?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emirates_Airlines/Emirates_Airlines_Boeing_777-300ER_3class_private.php

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qantas_Airways/Qantas_Airways_Airbus_A330-300.php

etc etc etc

gee, there's even Business Class seats that have undesirable problems to avoid...

When you travel alot you start to get fussy

I get the shits when i reserve a window seat but the window is not in the right position or its over the wing lol

Still it could be worse..

116rzh4.jpg

I was pissed off with Emirates as well when i found that they had changed my seat ,untill i found that they had upgraded me to buisness class ,always pays to check in at the last minute,555

"Anyway, the other day I got re-seated to 41D. This despite me booking and reserving the seat two months in advance, plus confirming the seat by checking in online literally 23 hours and 59 minutes prior to departure, being one minute inside the permitted 24 hours allowed for online check-in."

Just goes to show old Gautama knew what he was talking about when he said the only thing you can count on in this world is that you can't count on anything.laugh.png

On the way home from BKK when Lufthansa changed the aircraft for the home hop from Frankfurt to Berlin, I was recovering from a broken right collar bone which had just become complicated and had needed attention in LOS. The plane was a smaller model so they had to reseat some of us. I'd been checked thru online from BKK. But they'd moved me from a port side aisle seat to starboard aisle - just what my shoulder didn't need. I spoke to the guy doing the boarding, and when he couldn't find me a decent seat in cattle class he upgraded me. Happy happy. Some airlines know how to keep people coming back.

Wow and they call me grumpy wink.png,

Some 7-8 years ago I had a shoulder surgery and had a letter from hospital asking to provide appropriate sit.

Showed the letter at the check in and was given middle sit between an overweight woman and a slightly overweight man.

Spent 4 weeks in physio after that flight .

From now on will always ask for 49G smile.png

I was once between 2 very overweight Italian women....you need a psycho treatment after that. Lucky it was just a short flight

I was once between 2 very overweight Italian women....you need a psycho treatment after that. Lucky it was just a short flight

You need it psycho treatment?

Being squashed between two obese people ( regardless of ethnicity or gender ) would make me psycho. Obese people should have to buy two seats.

Being squashed between two obese people ( regardless of ethnicity or gender ) would make me psycho. Obese people should have to buy two seats.

I sat by a thai guy who kept picking his nose, which was torture. Could barely stand it. Would opt for fat ladies over that any day.