Updating Income letter from UK embassy

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet 6 km from the local post office.

I sent my application form off last Saturday 18th June 2016 with all the documents and a Thai money order at the local post office using the EMS delivery service as requested.

I tracked it to being delivered and signed for on Monday morning 20th June.

While drinking my coffee this afternoon Thursday 23rd the postman called and gave me an EMS letter from the British Embassy with the letter of confirmation of income. I checked it and it was 100% and no mistakes.

The difference this year is that previously the original letter was embossed and this year there is a big red sticker which is embossed.

On their website they state that it can take up to 10 working days.

This one was returned in 4 working days.

I am highly impressed and for a change AFAIAC they deserve a Jolly Good Show award.

The last 2 years I have used the 800,000 baht in the bank for the marriage extension, but next year I might go with the monthly income route. Am I correct in thinking that 12 months of bank statements submitted to the British Embassy will suffice for Thai Immigration for proof of income? My next extension report will be in March, so when will I be able to submit the statements to the British Embassy?

The last 2 years I have used the 800,000 baht in the bank for the marriage extension, but next year I might go with the monthly income route. Am I correct in thinking that 12 months of bank statements submitted to the British Embassy will suffice for Thai Immigration for proof of income? My next extension report will be in March, so when will I be able to submit the statements to the British Embassy?

Only 3 months of bank statements showing the income are needed.

Apply for the income letter a month or so before you plan on doing the extension. Immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old

• Like 1

If you are in receipt of an occupational pension the Embassy will accept the latest income statement supplied by your pension provider as an alternative to bank statements (can vouch for this on the basis of personal experience).

• Like 1

If you are in receipt of an occupational pension the Embassy will accept the latest income statement supplied by your pension provider as an alternative to bank statements (can vouch for this on the basis of personal experience).

Thanks for the info but I dont think my personal pension on its own would cover the requirement the immigration needs. I get £450 a month personal pension and about £550 OAP, neither on their own is enough, so would I have to go down the bank statement route, also the statements would be printed out from the internet as I don't receive the actual bank statement.

Thanks for the info but I dont think my personal pension on its own would cover the requirement the immigration needs. I get £450 a month personal pension and about £550 OAP, neither on their own is enough, so would I have to go down the bank statement route, also the statements would be printed out from the internet as I don't receive the actual bank statement.

You can use proof of both your pensions to get the income letter. Your income does not have to come from only one source. At this time you have enough to meet the 40k baht requirement to get an extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 1