Baht continues downward trend

You are not a pain in the axx. You just changed the topic so you would not look like an ignorant person. Our discussion topic interest rates in Thailand not exchange rates.

I wrote, "Human beings transfer money to Thailand for the interest rates? Who you trying to kid?"

I never said anything about exchange rates nor did Neversure who you chose to defend in his statement that people were chasing higher interest rates in Thailand which is untrue or at least really dumb.

i am not wasting time searching for comments of people who transferred money to Thailand because in their homecountry (especially the €U) they get zero interest. whether they are dumb or not is not up to us to judge. after all they are free to dispose of their money as they please.

When I get my interest in Thailand they take out tax. I forgot how much (it's not that important to me because the interest is peanuts). I just think with all of the investment alternatives putting money in a Thai bank for 2% seems a bit odd. I have money in Thailand because I need the cash availability; I'm certainly not trying to get rich off the interest. Really who would?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not a pain in the axx. You just changed the topic so you would not look like an ignorant person. Our discussion topic interest rates in Thailand not exchange rates.

I wrote, "Human beings transfer money to Thailand for the interest rates? Who you trying to kid?"

I never said anything about exchange rates nor did Neversure who you chose to defend in his statement that people were chasing higher interest rates in Thailand which is untrue or at least really dumb.

i am not wasting time searching for comments of people who transferred money to Thailand because in their homecountry (especially the €U) they get zero interest. whether they are dumb or not is not up to us to judge. after all they are free to dispose of their money as they please.

Perhaps it's apparent why I have this guy on ignore. Read a much shorter, polite and salient thread.

The coming week just may see the baht depreciate to 34/USD. Apparently yesterday's US Jobs report impacted various emerging market currencies like the Mexican Peso discussed at this 5 Jun 15 Bloomberg article: Link.

Maybe the jobs report and some economic psychics predictions the Bank of Thailand will lower rates again come 10 Jun 15 was the reason the USD/THB rate had a healthy Bt0.18 change during Friday's Forex trading...Friday trading opened at 33.73 and closed at 33.91. Maybe we are going to march to 34 and over.

post-55970-0-45145200-1433564470_thumb.j

Perhaps it's apparent why I have this guy on ignore. Read a much shorter, polite and salient thread.

Try responding to what a person writes instead of attacking the author. By that I mean give an example of the impoliteness or not being salient that you accuse instead of merely bandying about meaningless accusations. If you choose to flame rather than debate you will sully your reputation as a knowledgeable Thai Visa poster.

I searched for you because I'm a nice guy.

Gsxrnz, on 05 Jun 2015 - 00:17, said:
Who the <deleted> would want to invest funds at 2 or (God forbid) 2,4 percent anyway - forget the alleged racism, think about the rational of the investment. You couldn't convince me to fart in bed for a 2 or 2.4% return.

the world currency valuation process is corrupt ...

how else can you explain that an arse-wipe (AKA Greenback) currency can hold value when there is no asset value.

the Yanks intend to devalue their currency to reduce their debts (about $20 trillion), so, much to their dismay, the Chinese (who hold large quantities of that debt) likewise devalued and or or capped their currency

how else can you explain that an arse-wipe (AKA Greenback) currency can hold value when there is no asset value.

the Yanks intend to devalue their currency to reduce their debts (about $20 trillion), so, much to their dismay, the Chinese (who hold large quantities of that debt) likewise devalued and or or capped their currency

So which cabal is forcing the baht down? I noticed three expats at a Pattaya bar maybe them?

post-232807-0-94550500-1433578371_thumb.

I'm thinking more ... 'who is holding it up, and for what reason'

It's the gremlins of Pattaya. I posted a photo of them above. They hang out on Soi Buakhow any day. You can ask em and they will tell you. Of course you have to go to Pattaya as they don't communicate with cell phones or computers they use semaphores.

post-232807-0-39121100-1433580812_thumb.

Who34 the <deleted> would want to invest funds at 2 or (God forbid) 2,4 percent anyway - forget the alleged racism, think about the rational of the investment. You couldn't convince me to fart in bed for a 2 or 2.4% return.

Well I look forward to get informed where these days I can get a higher GUARANTEED interest and at the same time can withdraw my money at any time.

I recall not that long ago that everyone was shouting from their soap box that in Australia you got 8% and more on a savings account, and that the AUS$ was no risk of devaluation.

All those non-Australians bought AUS$ at 33-34 to the Baht, and exchanged them back when the interests went down in Australia...........................at 28 to the Baht.

Edited by Anthony5

Who34 the <deleted> would want to invest funds at 2 or (God forbid) 2,4 percent anyway - forget the alleged racism, think about the rational of the investment. You couldn't convince me to fart in bed for a 2 or 2.4% return.

Well I look forward to get informed where these days I can get a higher GUARANTEED interest and at the same time can withdraw my money at any time.

I recall not that long ago that everyone was shouting from their soap box that in Australia you got 8% and more on a savings account, and that the AUS$ was no risk of devaluation.

All those non-Australians bought AUS$ at 33-34 to the Baht, and exchanged them back when the interests went down in Australia...........................at 28 to the Baht.

They even kicked me out of an Aussie account because my balance fell below their minimum (not an Aussie dollar account). So I had to transfer my money into baht. Ha ha.

with that kind of insider knowledge i assume you are a billionaire, right? especially the fact that the Chinese "devalued" their currency which gained 25% vs. the US-Dollar during the last ten years.

cheesy.gif

with that kind of insider knowledge i assume you are a billionaire, right? especially the fact that the Chinese "devalued" their currency which gained 25% vs. the US-Dollar during the last ten years.

cheesy.gif

Namm, you are a boof-head ... just because the US$ fell in 'value' by the 'gain' of the Yuen does Not translate into an appreciation ... the Chinese have lowered their currency value ... not just to stop the Yanks from devaluing their debt; it improves their ability to sell their stuff compared to the lower priced Yank Crap ... we laugh at how the Yanks make out the Chinese steal intellectual knowledge etc, as we know the Yanks are creme de la creme of corporate theft in every field

cheesy.gif

Namm, you are a boof-head ... just because the US$ fell in 'value' by the 'gain' of the Yuen does Not translate into an appreciation ... the Chinese have lowered their currency value ... not just to stop the Yanks from devaluing their debt; it improves their ability to sell their stuff compared to the lower priced Yank Crap ... we laugh at how the Yanks make out the Chinese steal intellectual knowledge etc, as we know the Yanks are creme de la creme of corporate theft in every field

Guess you don't read the current hacking news.

US dollar will continue to et stronger now that they are in a tightening cycle. The party is just getting started.

the US$ is the 'emperor with no clothes' ...

forgot to include the link for Naam ... http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/10/china_currency_manipulation_how_does_it_harm_the_u_s_and_what_can_we_do.html

US dollar will continue to et stronger now that they are in a tightening cycle. The party is just getting started.

forgot to include the link for Naam ... http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/10/china_currency_manipulation_how_does_it_harm_the_u_s_and_what_can_we_do.html

that link is clearly meant for you to read and understand. perhaps then you stop shooting your own foot with absolute false claims as the evidence i submitted proves.

see my comment:

the Chinese "devalued" their currency which gained 25% vs. the US-Dollar during the last ten years.

that link is clearly meant for you to read and understand. perhaps then you stop shooting your own foot with absolute false claims as the evidence i submitted proves.

see my comment:

In case you hadn't noticed in his previous posts (and I refer not to this thread only), the member in question is:

a. strongly anti-American and

b. delusional beyond belief when it comes to conspiracy theories.

Edited by TheAppletons

The Thai banks charge 180 baht for any withdraw in the ATMs. When they started this practice they said this is normal everywhere. In South-Korea they did the same, but after 2 months the Koreans admitted that this is not the normal. They reversed it. Now is the cost of using an Korean ATM normal. The Thais do not want to be normal, they are so money hungry. This is a consideration many Europeans think about when they choose their holiday destination.

i wonder what kind of Europeans think about paying twice or three times 180 Baht ATM fees but spending for flight, hotel, food and entertainment an average of 75,000 Baht when holidaying in Thailand whistling.gif

How much they spend for other expenses in irrelevant. It is really an obnoxious policy that tourists must pay 180 baht each time they visit an ATM for the privilege of spending money in Thailand.

I'm thinking more ... 'who is holding it up, and for what reason'

The very wealthy elite, maybe about 20 families in Thailand who benefit from a strong baht when investing in foreign assets like buying property in London.

These same also are able to influence monetary policy at Bank of Thailand. Ie buying baht with foreign currency reserves. Well now since the economy is in trouble in part because of declining exports and competition from countries in the region the baht is being forced downward. But not enough. When the elite realize they cannot hold back the tide they will simultaneously liquidate foreign assets, allow the baht, via BOT to depreciate to its fundamental value of about 38 to 40 /$ and buy baht.

Edited by morrobay

America like Appleton, rotten to the core ...

Watcharacters comments are right; the US $ is worthless ...by deed or act of congress in 1963 and fully effective in 1968, but not 35 years ago ...coming up 50 years in 2018

Yes they are....as all the world's currencies are traded and based on the $$ valuation. Yes it is a worthless piece of paper that means nothing to any of us....it worthless.

The Thai banks charge 180 baht for any withdraw in the ATMs. When they started this practice they said this is normal everywhere. In South-Korea they did the same, but after 2 months the Koreans admitted that this is not the normal. They reversed it. Now is the cost of using an Korean ATM normal. The Thais do not want to be normal, they are so money hungry. This is a consideration many Europeans think about when they choose their holiday destination.

i wonder what kind of Europeans think about paying twice or three times 180 Baht ATM fees but spending for flight, hotel, food and entertainment an average of 75,000 Baht when holidaying in Thailand whistling.gif

How much they spend for other expenses in irrelevant. It is really an obnoxious policy that tourists must pay 180 baht each time they visit an ATM for the privilege of spending money in Thailand.

I have been a tourist in many, many countries over the years and I don't think I ever used my UK cards in a foreign ATM.

As to deciding where to go based on whether there were ATM charges..........cheesy.gif I agree wholeheartedly with Naam - get real coffee1.gif

I have been a tourist in many, many countries over the years and I don't think I ever used my UK cards in a foreign ATM.

As to deciding where to go based on whether there were ATM charges..........cheesy.gif I agree wholeheartedly with Naam - get real coffee1.gif

Are there actually any other countries where there are ATM charges?

Why wouldn't a bank be entitled to charge a fee from someone who wants to use its very expensive ATM which has to be serviced

including replenishing the cash?

When I go to Paris, on the Champs Elysees there is this window which dispenses McDonald's hamburgers and they actually

charge for them. coffee1.gif

Edited by NeverSure

Why wouldn't a bank be entitled to charge a fee from someone who wants to use its very expensive ATM which has to be serviced

When I go to Paris, on the Champs Elysees there is this window which dispenses McDonald's hamburgers and they actually

Spoken like a real banker. When I sign up for a credit card, I already pay a annual fee for the use of it worldwide, plus charges are embedded in the xchange rate and another 1 -2 %fee for every transaction I do.

I'm sure in the agreement with the banks is mentioned that no additional charges can be levied, same as that the merchant is not allowed to charge the customer 4% for every purchase paid by a CC, but as always in Thailand laws and agreements are for the others and are only honored if it benefits them.

you mean the burger is not free? ohmy.png i guess then most people will go to Burger King tongue.png