price for baht bus change again!

bapoboy

took the baht bus from pattaya north bus station on wednesday and now it is 70baht per person to get to beach road.... usally the price should be 10 or 20 baht...

they change the price every time....... i told the driver 30 baht because that what i pay last week, he told me price change i told him ok.... they not only rip off western but they also rip off thai tourist same price.... it not that much money but we dont like b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t......

so here we are how much do you pay last time ?

but they should get price list that tell passenger how much is the price, but tha will never happen....

its still 10 bath, but on very long route you are expected to pay bit more like 20

the OP was talking about the Baht Bus leaving from the NORTHERN BUS STATION and it has never been 10 Baht !

But 70 Baht for sure is a rip-off and not an offical price. I wouldn't have paid that

The text of this thread headline is extremely MISLEADING.

The topic has nothing at all to do with any recent change in BAHT BUS fares.

Indeed there have been no such changes.

It is only about a SPECIAL SERVICE, and not the regular baht bus service.

It's good to give options for people though.

No idea what you're talking about.

Lots of people are going to read the headline here and conclude yet another person is spreading false information about a change in BAHT BUS fares.

So far, ALL false.

BAHT BUS fares are a specific thing which is about when you use the trucks in their normal manner, as a bus, on their normal routes, without speaking to the drivers.

Again, the fare for BAHT BUSES in Pattaya is 10 baht and sometimes 20 baht for very long rides (which is undefined by the authorities).

OP is talking about the baht bus from bus tation , it's never been 20 baht , its more like 50 baht . And the driver will take you to the hotel near beach road if you ask for it. If you do not carry a lot of luggage just walk across the road and pay 10 baht. Really, what is the problem here, why all these threads ?

No idea what you're talking about.

Lots of people are going to read the headline here and conclude yet another person is spreading false information about a change in BAHT BUS fares.

So far, ALL false.

BAHT BUS fares are a specific thing which is about when you use the trucks in their normal manner, as a bus, on their normal routes, without speaking to the drivers.

Again, the fare for BAHT BUSES in Pattaya is 10 baht and sometimes 20 baht for very long rides (which is undefined by the authorities).

Regardless of what the title says it's good to give people options they may not know about.

Its not like I gave the OP options on the latest discounts at Big C.

OP is talking about the baht bus from bus tation , it's never been 20 baht , its more like 50 baht . And the driver will take you to the hotel near beach road if you ask for it. If you do not carry a lot of luggage just walk across the road and pay 10 baht. Really, what is the problem here, why all these threads ?

If we are talking about the bus station near Bangkok Hospital, I strenuously disagree with you! When you say it's never been 20 yes it was- at least it was three or four years ago. It may have increased by now but how could they possibly justify from 20 to 50? I have never heard of 50 being paid on that route.

If we are talking about the bus station near Bangkok Hospital, I strenuously disagree with you! When you say it's never been 20 yes it was- at least it was three or four years ago. It may have increased by now but how could they possibly justify from 20 to 50? I have never heard of 50 being paid on that route.

Ok if it was 3 years ago you might be right some drivers only charge 20 baht to beach road.

I have been paying minimum 30 baht and up to 50 baht and the last time for me was well over a year ago.

I agree that the drivers increase their prices as they feel like, also be aware that if you arrive the bus station after 9 PM , you pay more . Maybe the OP arrived late this time ?

The "fixed" baht bus fare from the bus station to Beach Road has been 20 baht for years. The large LED sign next to where the buses park shows this clearly. Expect to pay more for detours from the route or personal hotel drops.

In recent months the drivers have been asking for and getting 30 baht but as far as I know it's an unofficial increase, although it might just be taking them time to change the LED display.

post-25648-0-63084400-1433676235_thumb.j

The "fixed" baht bus fare from the bus station to Beach Road has been 20 baht for years. The large LED sign next to where the buses park shows this clearly. Expect to pay more for detours from the route or personal hotel drops.

In recent months the drivers have been asking for and getting 30 baht but as far as I know it's an unofficial increase, although it might just be taking them time to change the LED display.

Well, fixed price or not, when I took the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya on a regular basis 2 years ago, I never paid 20 baht. I asked up front and I was told anytthing from 30 to 50 baht , so I ended up crossing the road and wait for the 10 baht bus. One time I arrived just before midnight, they wanted 200 baht for a private ride.

I travel from Bangkok to Pattaya by bus frequently and last high season the drivers at the North Pattaya Bus Station started insisting on B30, up front. The up front part I don't mind because it reduces delay of passengers paying when they get off and does reduce congestion a bit. i also do not particularly mind the B10 increase. It's been B20 for more than 10 years and what else cost the same now as it did in 2005...like 'em or not, the drivers do have to make a living.

I do notice that they will attempt to vastly overcharge any visitors who want to deviate one foot from the standard route to a particular soi...100Baht!!! always seems to be the demand

OP is talking about the baht bus from bus station , it's never been 20 baht , its more like 50 baht.

All wrong wink.png . Yes it has been 20 baht and at least since 2005 !

I think it's only at last Christmas (high season) that the asked priced changed to 30 baht.

Seems they also change the payment system as they now ask to pay up front at the bus station.

Not a bad idea as they now don't lost the time for the payment at each place they stop.

And the driver will take you to the hotel near beach road if you ask for it. If you do not carry a lot of luggage just walk across the road and pay 10 baht. Really, what is the problem here, why all these threads ?

Except that:

- North Rd is not that easy to cross at this place. (2x2 lines and vehicles going fast)

- There are very few bahtbus going along North Rd; you may wait a long time

- This place is just 250m for the Sukhumvit start station. That means that bahbus are usually already full and may not stop for you

- Most bahtbus here go up and down North Rd; so you will have to get off the bahbus at the dolphin roundabout and take a second bahtbus going along beach road.

I am happy to pay 30 baht for this service who works well if you go along Beach Rd till South Rd. smile.png

OP is talking about the baht bus from bus station , it's never been 20 baht , its more like 50 baht.

All wrong wink.png . Yes it has been 20 baht and at least since 2005 !

I think it's only at last Christmas (high season) that the asked priced changed to 30 baht.

Seems they also change the payment system as they now ask to pay up front at the bus station.

Not a bad idea as they now don't lost the time for the payment at each place they stop.

And the driver will take you to the hotel near beach road if you ask for it. If you do not carry a lot of luggage just walk across the road and pay 10 baht. Really, what is the problem here, why all these threads ?

Except that:

- North Rd is not that easy to cross at this place. (2x2 lines and vehicles going fast)

- There are very few bahtbus going along North Rd; you may wait a long time

- This place is just 250m for the Sukhumvit start station. That means that bahbus are usually already full and may not stop for you

- Most bahtbus here go up and down North Rd; so you will have to get off the bahbus at the dolphin roundabout and take a second bahtbus going along beach road.

I am happy to pay 30 baht for this service who works well if you go along Beach Rd till South Rd. smile.png

Yes, although I wish they'd change the LED board at the bus station to show 30 baht instead of 20 baht, 30 baht is a fair price.

Ok fine , so 30 baht it is , lets all agree and have the money ready for the driver next time ,

l'll give it a 50/50 chance success rate. smile.png

Archived