herbs-spices

jarhead50200

There is a Indian grocery store,just down from the US Embassy,on the left side

opposite Maung Mai Market,never been in there but should have what you are

looking for. look for sign on awning above.

regards worgeordie

regards worgeordie

I wasn't really impressed with that shop. And also not the Indian restaurant/shop on Thaphae.

This was when looking for Indian spices for cooking.

regards worgeordie

I wasn't really impressed with that shop. And also not the Indian restaurant/shop on Thaphae.

This was when looking for Indian spices for cooking.

i went down the street past the us consulate, and the street that parallels the river has been blocked to one way traffic, so i parked and walked down there and did not see this place you mentioned, was that the street you meant?

Kasem is the store referred to and it is at 19 Rachawong Road, Muang, Chiang Mai.

As well as Kaseem (who all speak excellent English and are good at ordering anything they don't have), there is a little Indian owned shop on the road that runs down the side of the market, past the US consulate and keep walking, same side if the roa,d called something initials, O & M maybe, something like that but when I finally managed to find it I was disappointed as it was very small and they didn't have anything not on the stall in Kad Luang - in the building opposite the 7-11, turn left at the first aisle or ask anybody for Bombay stall, they all know it. Makro has bulk turmeric but you might struggle with the rest.

If you can find a cafe or restaurant that might possibly use any of the things you need, ask where they get them from - I bring a lot of this kind of thing with me from back home, fortunately never had an accident with oils or other liquids packed in checked luggage.

thanks everyone, got everything i was looking for except the pumpkin seed oil and ashwaganda, and i got it at the pharmacist at taipei next to wawee coffee. i have never been in kaseem's but i heard a lot of good things about it, will go there tomorrow. again thank you.