PM Prayut backpedals on staying on

webfact

Reform does need to be completed before an election and the people that are crying foul now will be the crying the loudest if the next government abuse the system to take advantage of the major flaws that will be easily exploited by criminal elements and foreign interests. Unless it is the 7% in which case they will ignore the abuses. It is the same people that stay silent when the previous government didn't allow protests, but were very vocal when this government didn't allow protests.

<snip>

OK, apparently djjamie is a frequent poster here, and I only occasionally log on to drop wise *ss comments into threads that attract me, but I've been seeing this phrase, "Reform must be completed before elections," since a year before the coup (at least it seems that long). What I want to know is, what reform? I have never seen a list of the things that are supposed to be changed, nor what they are supposed to be changed to. Who has proposed these reforms, what reasoning have they presented in support of their arguments, and what rebuttals have they made to the people who point out their proposals' shortcomings? Is there a document anywhere? A web site, perhaps? Even a Facebook page? What, exactly, do you want to be done, and how will that not deprive Thaksin supporters of their legitimate rights? How do your reforms differ from some of the crazier schemes that were proposed in the U.S. during the 1930s? Ever heard of Technocracy? The idea is that only qualified engineers can vote or hold office. Maybe there's a version where Physicists and Chemists can vote, but not hold office. Bankers and auto repairmen, plumbers and taxi drivers, are not permitted to vote or hold office because they are too ignorant of how things really work.

Anyway, I've seen a few bits and pieces that various corrupt people on the Yellow side proposed, but never a comprehensive, complete, overall program. How do you think you can create Heaven on Earth?

As for Prime Minister General Prayut's remarks, I'm flashing back to Prime Minister General Suchinda, who is still around, very rich and much admired in certain circles.

Reform does need to be completed before an election and the people that are crying foul now will be the crying the loudest if the next government abuse the system to take advantage of the major flaws that will be easily exploited by criminal elements and foreign interests. Unless it is the 7% in which case they will ignore the abuses. It is the same people that stay silent when the previous government didn't allow protests, but were very vocal when this government didn't allow protests.

On a side note;

"Who is gathering [the signatures] and for what? I'm not interested. It's all about the roadmap. Stop asking me [about the matter],"

Paryut is not back peddling. He should tell them the truth which is that he is listening to the voice of the majority...He listened to them more than the previous government did. That is what Robert Amsterdam would have told you to say..You really do need a PR representative.

Had yingluck not been boxed up with cotton wool and only let out when a speech was prepared she would have sounded just like this when referring to the rice scam. In fact she did say this on the very very rare occasion between a prepared speech and being sent back to her box when intercepted by media scrums. Prayut needs to start adopting yinglucks style or employing Robert Amsterdam to represent him. He might be a man of the people and tool to bring peace and democracy to Thailand, but he is definitely not media savvy.

Employee Robert Amsterdam and even the 7% will start believing he is a man of the people as well. That would be easy compared to what Amsterdam is currently "selling"!

He is not listening to nobody, he tells them what to say and even what to think, so please stop your sh*t.

So the idea for Prayuth is floated and when he learns it might not be what the people want, he drops it. Take your time ....

djjamie is absolutely correct in his post. Your semi-literate reply is a good indicator of the type of people who are against the junta.

(btw: 'not listening to nobody' means he is listening to somebody, but that level of detail is the least of your issues).

EnglishJohn, because djjamie is likely to be a comedian (a send up of the anti-redshirts), well, he is actually funny. It takes intelligence to put up the writing that he does, stuff that resembles the views of the genuine anti-redshirts.

But with you, I'm sorry, it's not the same. You're trying to be a comedian, and you're not doing a good job. Or, you're genuinely trying to put up stuff that is against the red-shirts, stuff the other anti-redshirt guys have now left alone. How about you look at posts involving Yingluk and Thaksin, and just have a pop at them on those posts ? :)

[...]

It shouldn't be that difficult to take such a beautiful place and create some form of sanity should it?

What a bloody shame.

Your rant is so obviously biased that a blind man could see it.

Your list of achievements lists nothing of substance, obviously on purpose or do you live in a cave? The major things that have been done and WIP are known to all except the few who want to close their minds to them for their own agenda, whatever that may be. However, nothing is perfect and to turn this country around is a massive undertaking and will require years of sustained effort and determination. You also show your perverted views by being totally negative. A fully paid up member of the 'glass half empty brigade' and moaning about everyone and everything, at length. Not one word of praise even for paying the farmers what they were long overdue. Suggest you should get out a bit more and observe or if not just shut up.

Finally do you really believe that YS would have been given permission to work with the military to start solving corruption for instance? lol

This is one reason why I rarely get involved in political discussions here in Thailand. For us Farang, it is not easy to be fully informed. Unless you are quite fluent in Thai, the primary sources of information are simply inaccessible. I can converse quite well in Thai, but to watch the evening news is very difficult. Too many words I am not familiar with, and no way to ask them to repeat what they said.

Furthermore, governments and governance in any country is a complex subject with many facets, that requires a lot of knowledge of history and culture. Without that knowledge, it is not easy to fully understand the context of any action or statement by government officials, or the way they are perceived by the populace.

When Thais ask my opinion about anything involving the government or the junta, my reply is always the same. "It is your country, and I am not well enough informed to have a reasoned and educated opinion on the matter. I believe most strongly in personal freedom and democracy, and I hope that Thailand can achieve both for it's citizens". And I sincerely wish that.

Personal freedom is the primary objective of democracy - in my opinion, it's sole purpose. If Thailand achieves personal freedom with some form of government that is not 100% democracy, why would anyone complain? If the people are free, they tend to take care of matters in a way that harmonizes for the good of all. That ideal is then assisted by a limited government that inserts itself where needed - laws, police, fire, judiciary, schools, infrastructure, etc. Maximize personal freedom, and minimize government, and you usually get the best possible result, regardless of the specific form of that government. That said, history has shown democracies to be the more successful of these forms.

On a side note;

"Who is gathering [the signatures] and for what? I'm not interested. It's all about the roadmap. Stop asking me [about the matter],"

Paryut is not back peddling. He should tell them the truth which is that he is listening to the voice of the majority...He listened to them more than the previous government did. That is what Robert Amsterdam would have told you to say..You really do need a PR representative.

Had yingluck not been boxed up with cotton wool and only let out when a speech was prepared she would have sounded just like this when referring to the rice scam. In fact she did say this on the very very rare occasion between a prepared speech and being sent back to her box when intercepted by media scrums. Prayut needs to start adopting yinglucks style or employing Robert Amsterdam to represent him. He might be a man of the people and tool to bring peace and democracy to Thailand, but he is definitely not media savvy.

Employee Robert Amsterdam and even the 7% will start believing he is a man of the people as well. That would be easy compared to what Amsterdam is currently "selling"!

He is not listening to nobody, he tells them what to say and even what to think, so please stop your sh*t.

So the idea for Prayuth is floated and when he learns it might not be what the people want, he drops it. Take your time ....

djjamie is absolutely correct in his post. Your semi-literate reply is a good indicator of the type of people who are against the junta.

(btw: 'not listening to nobody' means he is listening to somebody, but that level of detail is the least of your issues).

Oh dear me....

Why does Prayuth give air to these silly undemocratic brain-farts in the first place?

Any reasonable person knows that all people want not to be oppressed and to have their uncensored voices heard.

Why is it such a struggle to lead Prayuth towards freedom, equality and democracy?

Take your time.

As for the remainder of your post, your haste in insulting, belittling and then stereotyping Ikke is a far better indicator of the type of people who are for the Junta than anything else I've read here for quite a while.

How often do we hear from the likes of you that Thais can't have democracy because "they are too stupid to vote" or "too greedy and sell their votes for a pittance" - extremist propaganda tarring millions and millions of people with the same brush simply to justify an undemocratic, bigoted and yes...fascist ideology.

Time for you to look in the mirror buddy.

BTW - I count 4 grammar / spelling mistakes in Djjamies first, overly long, unpunctuated sentence.

It's pretty clear to me which side is truly home to the semi-literate.

Edited by Solomon