Three Explosive Devices thrown at foreigners in South Pattaya area

webfact

Three Explosive Devices thrown at foreigners in South Pattaya area

bomb-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police were called to the Pratamnuk Hill area in South Pattaya early on Monday Morning to investigate reports of 3 explosive devices being thrown at foreigners, thought to be living in the area, by a group of youths.

Bomb Disposal Officers were called to the area and made safe two devices which were found on the road, inside Soi 5 off the Pratamnuk Road. A third device is thought to have detonated but is thought to have caused no injuries to anyone in its vicinity.

A Security Guard stationed nearby, Khun Pichit aged 50, witnessed the incident and told Police that 3 Thai youths on 2 motorbikes drove past a group of foreigners, who ran as soon as they realized the youths were throwing the home-made explosive devices at them.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199524/three-explosive-devices-thrown-at-foreigners-in-south-pattaya-area/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-09

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<deleted> seriously what problems could youths have with foreigners to premeditate such behaviour.

Envy, racism, perhaps some past interaction that caused them to feel loss of face.

That and the fact they feel they can get away with it emboldens them.

Im sure our resident super sleuths will be along shortly to put us all in the picture.

Im waiting for the Mr T word to raise its head,wont be long now i guess.

I pity the fool

If you look at the quality of foreigners and how they behave in Pattaya I can understand some resentment. (not talking here about the average expat) That of course does not justify bombing them.

If too many people at a spot are replacing local people tensions will rise. Just like the Muslims in Europe are tolerated until they reach certain levels and then people start to complain not feel at ease.

Its natural (not right), that if you feel as a local your a minority in your own city to feel some resentment. Combine that with how the woman are treated and you get this.

Lets hope its a one time thing.

If you look at the quality of foreigners and how they behave in Pattaya I can understand some resentment. (not talking here about the average expat) That of course does not justify bombing them.

If too many people at a spot are replacing local people tensions will rise. Just like the Muslims in Europe are tolerated until they reach certain levels and then people start to complain not feel at ease.

Its natural (not right), that if you feel as a local your a minority in your own city to feel some resentment. Combine that with how the woman are treated and you get this.

One assumption that you appear to be making is that "farangs" are somehow the majority. Thais probably comprise about 95% of the local population in Pattaya-Jomtien, although in certain areas of the city you might get a different impression.

I agree,cambodians,burmese,laotians all taking their jobs for cheaper wages(sounds like the UK) plus an increase of foreigners coming here to live makes thais pissed off,envious etc. plus old expats giving their ladies a lift up the material ladder.

One assumption that you appear to be making is that "farangs" are somehow the majority. Thais probably comprise about 95% of the local population in Pattaya-Jomtien, although in certain areas of the city you might get a different impression.

Does not even have to be a majority. But you got my drift, but I am not attacking the local expats here. We are talking about loud mouthing drunks with no respect for the girls. Those are not the average expats I take it. There is resentment in other countries too when there are many tourists misbehaving. Add the income gap here. Anyway its my opinion might not be fact.

Im sure our resident super sleuths will be along shortly to put us all in the picture.

I guess these kids must hate farangs as much as Thaksin is alleged to have hated them.

How's that?

I guess these kids must hate farangs as much as Thaksin is alleged to have hated them.

How's that?

Guess under who's reign the 90 days reporting got reinstated.

Wonder how many Thais will read about it, and silently be envious of doing the same.

coffee1.gif

Many farangs do of course deserve it, being rich, white skinned, free to travel the World, let's blow them up, make things more even.\

coffee1.gif

Only by idiots who have no clue. Right now, you are the only one to do it.

The rest of us know that he does not use kids with home-made devices, he pays UDD thugs to go out with M79's.

The majority of Thais are not locals and this is not their city. They came here looking for work because Pattaya has become a tourist city. Before farangs started coming here it was a little fishing village and still would be, if not for the farang tourist. Thus, most Thais (probably 95%) would be back living in their own province or in some other tourist area.

I pity the fool

I was gonna say that.

T

<deleted> seriously what problems could youths have with foreigners to premeditate such behaviour.

Not too sure but maybe because someone else is putting the bones to their women and have 10 times more money, coupled with an international oncoming of hopelessness and despair.