Thai license possible with these circumstances?

All you need is a certified translation of your current home country license and you can get a thai license, no need to do the theory or practical tests.

No need for an international license.

lol... you sure about that?

that would mean 1000s of other foreigners are taking tests and waiting in lines for no reason

Do you really think 1000s of foreigners have a driver's license here?

I did all the tests for my bike license because I didn't have one to start with.

For my car, I just had my home license translated in Thai, did the eyesight and reflex tests, waited a bit and got a Thai license.

All you need is a certified translation of your current home country license and you can get a thai license, no need to do the theory or practical tests.

that would mean 1000s of other foreigners are taking tests and waiting in lines for no reason

It would not work anyway for you as you have no motorcycle license but a car license that is expired. You also are not willing to pay 18.000 so you should suffer a day there.

I can only echo what the others said for years now in BKK they take your picture there. But of course there will be ways around that.

Yes, I do. There are nearly 100,000 Japanese alone who are living and working here in Thailand and most of them have cars and drive here.

For my car, I just had my home license translated in Thai, did the eyesight and reflex tests, waited a bit and got a Thai license.

yeah doesnt really help me as i have no use for a car license in thailand, just motorbike

I don't see what your problem is.

Just take the test. Then we are all sure you are actually capable of riding a bike.

Yes, I do. There are nearly 100,000 Japanese alone who are living and working here in Thailand and most of them have cars and drive here.

Maybe they just got their home license converted too, no need to do the exams then.

I am renewing my drivers license at the moment. In addition to the eye exam (color test and peripheral vision) and the two reaction tests, you now have to sit through a 1 hour safety video which is all spoken in Thai. Half of it has English subtitles and the other half doesn't. The video is a new requirement.

Also, if you do it at the Chatuchak branch of department of land transport, there is a medical clinic on the corner of the first Soi on Phaholoythin Road just past the entrance to the department of land transport where they charge only 70 Baht for a medical certificate and takes only 10 minutes. Oddly enough, they didn't keep the doctors certificate when I submitted my documents to them. They didn't even look at it. Not sure why. Maybe they forgot to take it from me.

The only documents they wanted was the copy of my passport and the copy of my yellow book and my expiring driving license.

Also, remember that the office closes 1 hour for lunch from 12:00 to 13:00.

Just take the test. Then we are all sure you are actually capable of riding a bike.

my problem is i dont like waking up early and wasting an entire day or two sitting in lines and doing paperwork

i dont give a shit if you think i am capable of driving a bike or not

my problem is i dont like waking up early and wasting an entire day or two sitting in lines and doing paperwork

i dont give a shit if you think i am capable of driving a bike or not

So you want to ride a bike in Thailand but you don't have a bike licence. In order to get a licence, you would have to take a bike riding test plus theory test plus a few others but you don't like waking up early to do it.

A possible (although illegal) option is to "buy" a licence but you are not prepared to pay the quoted price.

Given this scenario, the answer to your question "Thai license possible with these circumstances", I would say, imo, no, it's not possible.

So you want to ride a bike in Thailand but you don't have a bike licence.

i drive already without it and handle a bike better than 90% of the nutjobs on the roads here.... i just get tired of the 400b tickets when i occasionally get caught.... and considering buying a new bike, so would like to have a proper license to make it all legit with insurance etc

seems prices are ridiculous these days for "express service" so im going to have to bite the bullet and go waste a day or two getting it the old fashioned way.