Urinating Foreigner Facebook Clip angers Thai social media Pattaya community

webfact

Hmm. I've read a lot of boneheaded, totally uninformed, ignorant comments here on TV but Gamini's regarding foreigners living in Pattaya as being the lowest of the low has to rank right near the top. Congratulations, Gamini, on your high ranking! By your reasoning, everyone living in Las Vegas is a degenerate gambler. Just to clue you in, as you are obviously so clueless, there are lots and lots of foreigners living in Pattaya living normal, regular lives. Unfortunately, we don't stand out because we are just leading everyday lives. It's the jerk peeing off the back of the bus that gets the publicity, not us.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a "mug-shot" (penis-shot) should be posted in all the bars.

Am sure someone would recognize the offending penis. cheesy.gif

Is Thai social media aware of what occurs in, for example, Go-Go bars or massage parlors ? Or is the usual "blind-eye" looking the other way.

Holier than thou Thai social media cheesy.gif

Maybe a "mug-shot" (penis-shot) should be posted in all the bars.

Am sure someone would recognize the offending penis. cheesy.gif

Is Thai social media aware of what occurs in, for example, Go-Go bars or massage parlors ? Or is the usual "blind-eye" looking the other way.

Holier than thou Thai social media cheesy.gif

So now we're comparing public urination to gogo bars?

Good grief!

Who would do this other than someone drunk or someone completely disrespectful of those around him. If I had been on this bus and he did that I would have launched him with a swift kick. Thai's are also capable of this if they are intoxicated or on drugs.

This topic is about a foreigner seen to be breaking laws of decency and other laws and no amount of comparison to what some Thais might occasionally do or not is an excuse for his actions. That Thai social media have picked up on the issue is not surprising in these days of instant cyber sharing and many instances of offensive behaviour regarding Thais only are a daily social media issue but most foreigners do not see those.

In other words, there is no hypocrisy or singling out in this.

By all means have an opinion on the news article but from here on in posts will be removed (as some have) when Thai bashing, Pattaya bashing and crude remarks etc are seen.

petercool - moderator team

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

Yes I see a few around where I live- but usually behind a bush or somewhere a little more discrete. Of the back of a bus? Hate to say was probably from my home country - where the sense of decency seems to have vanished.

Hmm. I've read a lot of boneheaded, totally uninformed, ignorant comments here on TV but Gamini's regarding foreigners living in Pattaya as being the lowest of the low has to rank right near the top. Congratulations, Gamini, on your high ranking! By your reasoning, everyone living in Las Vegas is a degenerate gambler. Just to clue you in, as you are obviously so clueless, there are lots and lots of foreigners living in Pattaya living normal, regular lives. Unfortunately, we don't stand out because we are just leading everyday lives. It's the jerk peeing off the back of the bus that gets the publicity, not us.

Spot on.

There is no getting around the fact that Pattaya attracts the tattooed low life yobs who live in some grotty room above a knocking shop- just wonderful.

The alternative is the long term residents, often very successful people - with pleasant houses and condos who enjoy the restaurants, Central etc and have an excellent social life. They use Thailand as a base to explore the region.

In the last ten years have been to walking street twice- other dodgy Sois never.

I hope they find this person and deal with him harshly my opinion is I think we are getting too many of these type of people the lowlifes the dregs of humanity and I am of the opinion there should be a purge sort the wheat from the chaff asap.

I see plenty of people urinating in public everyday. if they really want to ban this, impose a fine on all citizens and not just an isolated case of a foreigner. Maybe more public bathrooms are needed too.

At time of reply I see TWENTY others have agreed with your nonsense. There's a difference between urinating in public and flashing your junk into strangers directions to urinate - or don't the TWENTY people on here understand this basic form of human decency?

The man was wrong urinating in public but angers Thai social media. But Thai student drinking and having sex in park does not anger them. The social media likes to discriminate against farangs and turns a blind eye to the Thai peoples actions. Thailand has many problems and will soon lose the land of a thousand smiles name. Without tourist Pattaya will become a ghost town!

If one thing is obvious from this thread, then it is that people seem unable to distinguish between somewhat discreetly answering nature's call in a public place and whipping it out in full sight on the back of a moving public transport vehicle. And if one is unable to distinguish between this, then how convenient to just use it and blame a group of people one holds a grudge against.

Am I missing something? Nearly all the posters here assume he was whizzing off the bus as it was mooving.

In the pic on the news site he is clearly standing on the road behind the bus..not that if makes it any better.

But the mental picture of

the yellow stuff flying in all directions as a bus makes a turn..is a bit off-putting

I see Thais do it all the time but at least they stand next to a wall or tree. This guy should be fined simply for the way he did it.

I do not understand (seriously) why westerners do things here that they would never do in their home country.

The man was wrong urinating in public but angers Thai social media. But Thai student drinking and having sex in park does not anger them. The social media likes to discriminate against farangs and turns a blind eye to the Thai peoples actions. Thailand has many problems and will soon lose the land of a thousand smiles name. Without tourist Pattaya will become a ghost town!

Are you kidding. Thai media is full of condemnation of public displays of "sex"! There was a recent thread about it on this Forum. What has it got to do with this anyway?

Yes, disgusting manners!

It reminds me of all the Thais who pee against the beach wall and alongside the highways every day, who spit everywhere, who smoke next to you in restaurant's.

Still this is Thailand and they are perfect!.

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

Look lets be serious about this, yes Thais do urinate in public but they find a bush or a wall and to a certain extent conceal their activities, this guy is in full public view on a moving vehicle hiding absolutely nothing, it is obscene and quite frankly disgraceful behaviour, I hope they catch him and lock him up for a week, there could be kids seeing this on their way to school - what sort of impression does that leave for all of us

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

Look lets be serious about this, yes Thais do urinate in public but they find a bush or a wall and to a certain extent conceal their activities, this guy is in full public view on a moving vehicle hiding absolutely nothing, it is obscene and quite frankly disgraceful behaviour, I hope they catch him and lock him up for a week, there could be kids seeing this on their way to school - what sort of impression does that leave for all of us

People can have there heads bashed in on walking street.

The guy gets a small fine and out the door.

And you want to lock a guy up for a week for pissing in pubic.

As disgraceful as it is,

It is not like a voilent assault is it.

BTW i have seen Thais take a piss in the middle of the road before.

Anyone know where it was, Baht Bus in Soi 6 ? biggrin.png

Edited by onemorechang

He looks like a young Russian to me. Probably very drunk and couldnt care less which direction he's ipointing his penis at.

Edited by balo