Not So Good Building Company

This is just a little warning of buyer beware for a certain building company. If you choose to build with them, up to you, but at least you will be a little bit wiser about them.

This company is named 'FACTOCON' and as of about 3 weeks ago, has been advertising in the Bangkok Post every day. They also had an editorial on them and their quality building experience and reliable farang service etc.

Let me just say that this would have to be one of the worst companies around to get to build your house or whatever you require. I had them construct something for me which is way below par.

If anyone is using them or intends to, send me a message for further details.

Oh my god, its such a long story lol.

It would make a good learning experience I guess. It will take some time to write up. And I mainly just wanted to bring to attention the company name and then if anyone here, or knows of anyone using them, they could contact me for full further deatils.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know of reliable developers for small projaect like say a single storey house. thanks.

I am checking out project managers and reliable builders (not easy to find) in Phuket, to build a house there, so I don't know much about the scene in Bangkok and around. However, I did notice somewhere the other day a banner advert from Richard Gray of Rosegate Consulting Co (www.rosegate-consulting.com) at Chonburi who offers a "hand-holding"/project management service, including recommendations to good builders, for expats wanting to build in the Pattaya area. He may well have some ideas and contacts in Bangkok and other areas. Could be worth an email or phone call (see his Web site). I am going to talk to him sometime about solutions in Phuket but haven't had time to do it yet.

Funny, I was recommended 'rightangle' recently as being very good.....but knowing the unreliable moron that recommended them and then reading these 2 comments, I would gladly steer clear of them without ever sighting them.

Also stay well away from a Canadian designer here in Bkk that is operating in both Samui and Pattaya currently.