Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Inadvertently engaging in business with a non-registered Thai Company

This is a decent question I think.

Often times my business is approached in person by mostly foreigners seemingly employed by advertising companies that offer tourism guides, magazines, or other related services.

Before you answer this question, please note I am aware there are very easy ways to check the validity of such companies (The DBD, requesting VAT receipts, etc.) I have never used the services of suspect companies also.

So, the question is, If a legitimate business in Thailand inadvertently works with a such a company, real or not, that employs or is run by a foreigner with no work-permit, where does the fault lie?

Is there a risk to the legitimate Thai business using the service of such people physically located in Thailand?

A perfect example of this, would be we often times buy small things, like cleaning supplies etc. from a local mom and pop shop. Of course we know this is a Thai run business and we do not expect a VAT receipt. But what if the table is turned, and a legitimate Thai business pays money by accident to what they think is a real Thai company to a foreigner that seems legally employed but is not?

I've already found out a great way to easily get rid of the pestering, Ask to see their work-permit, but in some cases that's not always applicable as it might be rude to someone you know for a long time.

Your feedback is appreciated smile.png

Edited by TacoHell

To simplify the question, There is a tourist map company in "insert any location" Thailand, that is selling the right to be on the maps which are distributed in front of hotels and 7-11's etc. It is being sold by foreigners, who I am almost certain have no work-permit.

Where does the liability lie in the case that this "Company" is caught. Are the companies on the map in any trouble legally speaking?

Why don't you just get a copy of the tax I.D.certificate for their company before you do business with them? I don't think it's your responsibility to worry about the work permit status of any suppliers -- only if they have a tax I.D. number if you want to file WHT and other tax documents with the Thai gov't.

Edited by NancyL