North Korea accuses US of targeting it with live anthrax

Lite Beer

North Korea accuses US of targeting it with live anthrax
By CARA ANNA

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — North Korea is accusing the United States of targeting it with anthrax and wants the U.N. Security Council to look into they called America's "biological warfare schemes."

A letter from North Korea's U.N. ambassador to the council president and the U.N. chief, made public Friday, claims that the U.S. "possesses deadly weapons of mass destruction" that it is trying to use against them.

U.S. defense officials disclosed in late May that low concentration samples of live anthrax were shipped to labs in 19 states and four countries, including a U.S. military facility in South Korea.

The anthrax was supposed to have been killed with gamma rays before being shipped.

The spokesman for the current council president, Malaysia, said he had not heard of any initiatives on the council to take up the issue but would inquire further.

North Korea is highly sensitive to the U.S. military presence in South Korea, strongly objecting to annual U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

Ja Song Nam's letter says the shipment of live anthrax to South Korea means the U.S. "is attempting to use them in actual warfare" against his country.

State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke told reporters in Washington the allegations were "ridiculous," and didn't "merit a response."

___

Associated Press writer Bradley Klapper contributed from Washington.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-06-12

A letter from North Korea's U.N. ambassador to the council president and the U.N. chief, made public Friday, claims that the U.S. "possesses deadly weapons of mass destruction" that it is trying to use against them.

If this would be the case there wouldn't be any "trying".

"...A letter from North Korea's U.N. ambassador to the council president and the U.N. chief, made public Friday, claims that the U.S. "possesses deadly weapons of mass destruction" that it is trying to use against them..."

Let's assume for a moment that the exalted leader of this wonderful nation is "insane" and everybody, but the leader, knows it. How embarrassed do you think this ambassador was to deliver that letter. I'm sure he did it with a straight face or he'd get a missile up his butt, but still he knew it was a stupid accusation. I refuse to believe everybody in this country is brain-washed. The only thing the sane people in NK are using their brains for is keeping alive.

I haven't the slightest idea if the concerns in this latest story are something North Korea fabricated all on their own, an exaggerated report of the actual rhetoric coming out of North K, or the result of the U.S. intentionally trying to stir up a reaction from them, because I would be a fool to believe any news about North Korea. Anyone who thinks that the U.S. isn't engaged in poking and prodding North Korea (or Cuba, Russia, or any of its adversaries) to see what kind of outrageous reactions they can get from them is being naive.

For those that believe the U.S. is a fully noble nation that wouldn't try to get a crazy, chained up dog to start barking like mad just so say, "See how crazy that dog is? I didn't even do anything,": You're as foolish as you think North Korea is.

Edited by timmyp

I haven't the slightest idea if the concerns in this latest story are something North Korea fabricated all on their own, an exaggerated report of the actual rhetoric coming out of North K, or the result of the U.S. intentionally trying to stir up a reaction from them, because I would be a fool to believe any news about North Korea. Anyone who thinks that the U.S. isn't engaged in poking and prodding North Korea (or Cuba, Russia, or any of its adversaries) to see what kind of outrageous reactions they can get from them is being naive.
For those that believe the U.S. is a fully noble nation that wouldn't try to get a crazy, chained up dog to start barking like mad just so say, "See how crazy that dog is? I didn't even do anything,": You're as foolish as you think North Korea is.

Hello?1?

"...... shipped to labs in 19 states and four countries, including a U.S. military facility in South Korea."

"So, what interest has the US military in S Korea got with anthrax?" is probably the question N. Korea first asked itself.

As soon as I heard anthrax was intentionally sent to a US military "facility", I asked myself the same question.

Another brainless USA. Basher who probably would not be alive today except for American blood lost in WW 2, you really are pathetic go get an education.

Didn't Kim Jong Il invent anthrax too? Like all of the other inventions he had - the hamburger, the cure for dwarfism, cure for world hunger ... the list goes on.

Yeah, they're a bit like America always trying to claim to have invented things that they haven't.