Bangkok to have new NGV bus fleet in services next month

Lite Beer

Bangkok to have new NGV bus fleet in services next month

13-6-2558-10-03-11-wpcf_728x411.jpg

Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) says the first fleet of new NGV powered buses will be delivered for service next month after it signs contract with the bud winner next week.

A total of 489 NGV-powered buses will be delivered, according to BMTA acting director Mrs Pranee Sulrasorn yesterday.

She said BMTA board has approved signing of the procurement deal with JVCC Co, a joint venture of Cho Thavee Dollasien Plc, which won the bid to supply the fleet to BMTA in May this year

She said the signing was expected to be signed within next week.

At present she said BMTA is drafting a bus procurement contract and a maintenance plan for the busses.

A review on the contracts will be conducted before the signing of the deal next week, she said.

All the 489 NGV buses will be delivered within 90 days after the signing of the deal, she added.

According to her, she expects the first lot of 50 NGV buses to be delivered in July this year.

Cho Thavee Dollasien Plc has won the bid to supply a first fleet of buses to BMTA at the price of 3.5 million baht per bus.

She said the offered price is about one million baht lower than a median price set by BMTA.

This meant that BMTA has saved over 489 million baht in the procurement of NGV-powered buses under the project.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-to-have-new-ngv-bus-fleet-in-services-next-month

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-13

On the positive side, to be fair, NGV is one of the very few positive things I have seen developing in Thailand in the last decade.

I am wondering why NGV vehicles are not developing that fast in Europe.

But when I see that a bid is done in May for 489 vehicles - I am sure in total transparency, awarded in June and that the 489 vehicles will be ready within 90 days, I can only suspect another fishy tender process. Is that how the good General conduct business and fight corruption?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789521-bangkoks-new-bus-fleet-saga-why-scania-volvo-opt-out/

Besides the good idea (NGV buses), I am sure that the execution will be - as usual - disappointing. Probably very low quality buses that will work only a short period of time, no maintenance, no plan.

Edited by toonsai

She said BMTA board has approved signing of the procurement deal with JVCC Co, a joint venture of Cho Thavee Dollasien Plc, which won the bid to supply the fleet to BMTA in May this year

Who are the contract winners and what connection do they have with rich and powerful people

here in Thailand? what brand of buses are they? where are the specs? where were they

built? so many questions are still a mystery...

If the contract requirements are designed to favour one bidder how can they not win?

Seem that TV is now promoting the winner for what was a questionable bidding process as stated on their own website. Where it has been claimed by a few that long term cost where also ignored on short term savings. Now the Press release is all about the purchase price being lower.

What happened to expat news not just public relations pandering.

I wonder which buses they are replacing....if the old red and pink buses which I think are owned by private companies are still in use then they will still cause lots of air pollution. Being able to get these buses so quickly raises many questions too.

"Cho Thavee Dollasien Plc has won the bid to supply a first fleet of buses to BMTA at the price of 3.5 million baht per bus.
She said the offered price is about one million baht lower than a median price set by BMTA."

But according to BMTA Acting Director Pranee Sukrasorn on 2015-03-31:

"The medium price for each vehicle is set at 3.65 million baht"

This is lower by Bt150,000 per bus.

On the positive side, to be fair, NGV is one of the very few positive things I have seen developing in Thailand in the last decade.

I am wondering why NGV vehicles are not developing that fast in Europe.

But when I see that a bid is done in May for 489 vehicles - I am sure in total transparency, awarded in June and that the 489 vehicles will be ready within 90 days, I can only suspect another fishy tender process. Is that how the good General conduct business and fight corruption?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789521-bangkoks-new-bus-fleet-saga-why-scania-volvo-opt-out/

Besides the good idea (NGV buses), I am sure that the execution will be - as usual - disappointing. Probably very low quality buses that will work only a short period of time, no maintenance, no plan.

According to NGVA Europe, in 2014 the EU had about 1.1 million vehicles, buses and trucks being served by over 3,000 CNG stations. Now that Russia is using its gas supply as a political weapon against the EU I expect a slowdown in manufacturing more such transportation.

The Company was established on November 18, 1994 as a joint venture company between Khon Kaen Cho Thavee 1993 Co., Ltd. (CTV-1993), which belongs to Khun Suradech Taweesaengsakulthai’s family, and DOLL Fahrzeugbau AG (“DOLL”), manufacturer of leading truck bodies and trailers from Germany. The joint venture company designs, manufactures and assembles vehicles’ bodies as well as installing engineering system in connection with trucks’ bodies, trailers and commercial transportation vehicles, with Baht 10.00 million capital.

http://www.ctvdoll.co.th/en/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK