Central WestGate: Mall 'Beyond Imagination' to open in August

webfact

Central WestGate: Mall 'Beyond Imagination' to open in August
By Coconuts Bangkok

westgate_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Central Westgate, a new Central shopping mall in Nonthaburi straddling major roads and highways into Bangkok, is scheduled to open in August.

The new mall, located at Bangyai intersection, has pushed back its opening date next month to Aug. 28 for the last touch-up work before it seeks to establish itself as "Asia's best regional mall," according to owner Central Pattana.

Central Westgate is designed to sit at the transit nexus where several roads and highways connect.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/16/central-westgate-mall-beyond-imagination-open-august

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-16

Another mega mall. An ABSOLUTE NECESSITY

for BKK

To be fair its quite a bit outside of BKK.

I like that I am getting a mall close.. but on the other hand I don't think I will like the traffic it will create.

...and the traffic will be beyond belieflaugh.png

That is what i worry about its quite close to me.

Just try Chaengwattana near Central any Saturday afternoon. This place looks like it will be bigger and is the confluence of major roads.

I guess that at the opening not everything is finished and many shops are not even rented. That's usual for new malls in Thailand.

But in the area around this mall are many more new malls now, the Crystal is also a new one with 2 branches but they both are no fun at all.

I like it that the new big malls are spread over bangkok, i try to be out of the citycentre as much as possible.

The new sky train with all that work going on since 2011 + all the buses and taxi that stop [often 3 wide] it is already 'beyond belief' if you have been into Big C/Home Pro mostly you just have to wait behind all the buses until they chug along another few meters at a time.

Will all the buses and Taxi's stop inside the Mall entrance when it opens ? = maybe easier on traffic on the main road ?

going into BKK it is easier for me to use the new Bridge, but then I live nearer to Sai Noi

I guess that at the opening not everything is finished and many shops are not even rented. That's usual for new malls in Thailand.

But in the area around this mall are many more new malls now, the Crystal is also a new one with 2 branches but they both are no fun at all.

I like it that the new big malls are spread over bangkok, i try to be out of the citycentre as much as possible.

not everything is finished.. yes..well last Saturday there was still a big section of the road/ flyover to the parking area missing.

The new sky train with all that work going on since 2011 + all the buses and taxi that stop [often 3 wide] it is already 'beyond belief' if you have been into Big C/Home Pro mostly you just have to wait behind all the buses until they chug along another few meters at a time.

Will all the buses and Taxi's stop inside the Mall entrance when it opens ? = maybe easier on traffic on the main road ?

going into BKK it is easier for me to use the new Bridge, but then I live nearer to Sai Noi

I use my motorbike most of the time so traffic in general does not bother me. Funny we live real close as I am also living towards sai noi say 4km down the road from big king Bangyai direction sai noi

traffic on that road has been horrible for years even before the mall was built due to buses and taxis, can't imagine it getting worse now with a new mega mall.

Beyond imagination is the Thai retail sector's persistence with the fallacy that Bangkok and/or its environs is in need of ever more malls.

If they weren't needed they wouldn't be built. The Central group is not exactly unfamiliar with this area of retail.

• 4 months later...

Another great building......... NOT.

now AIS and True have there offices there have no option but go there to pay mobile phone and Internet... went yesterday, both Office/shops are on 2nd floor. went to True 1st, normal in Big C/Home Pro when they were in there old place next door was a 5 - 10 min job, yesterday over 1 hour !!

Why water was pouring in from the roof 3 floor above, so had shorted out all the computers, 2 people were giving out hand written ticket numbers, 2 Computers were sort of working, staff where running out of shop with bill to somewhere to get up to date billing info. counted 26 staff !!

Thank goodness only pay these 2 bills every 90 days........ anyone going you must remember where you parked, it is very large and I made a note of the parking bay but not the colour..

Wanted some sandals, no luck my size, most shops staff very helpful but if I take size 12 or 13... 46 or 47, how on earth do they think size 44 or 10 will fit.. there answer these are from Europe so bigger cheesy.gif or buy without a strap on the back then will fit... the whole reason I must have a strap on the back is to keep them on my feet, [diabetic many years [over 20] no feeling in my feet, so have no idea if i lose one shoe, if I notice will retrace to try to find, but have a number of right shoes with lost left shoes]

Another great building......... NOT.

now AIS and True have there offices there have no option but go there to pay mobile phone and Internet... went yesterday, both Office/shops are on 2nd floor. went to True 1st, normal in Big C/Home Pro when they were in there old place next door was a 5 - 10 min job, yesterday over 1 hour !!

Why water was pouring in from the roof 3 floor above, so had shorted out all the computers, 2 people were giving out hand written ticket numbers, 2 Computers were sort of working, staff where running out of shop with bill to somewhere to get up to date billing info. counted 26 staff !!

Thank goodness only pay these 2 bills every 90 days........ anyone going you must remember where you parked, it is very large and I made a note of the parking bay but not the colour..

Wanted some sandals, no luck my size, most shops staff very helpful but if I take size 12 or 13... 46 or 47, how on earth do they think size 44 or 10 will fit.. there answer these are from Europe so bigger cheesy.gif or buy without a strap on the back then will fit... the whole reason I must have a strap on the back is to keep them on my feet, [diabetic many years [over 20] no feeling in my feet, so have no idea if i lose one shoe, if I notice will retrace to try to find, but have a number of right shoes with lost left shoes]

I think in the malls around Siam you can buy Teva slippers with straps in your size.

And the traffic jam for Westgate has gotten worse now. It's in front of Westgate but also at the U-turns on kanchana phisek. The minibuses still jam the traffic in front of westgate and the Police is doing nothing.

For us it takes too much time to visit Westgate, traffic jam, bad and full parkinglots so we don't go there anymore.

Even when the skytrain is finished we will rather go into the city to Central World. All people with children go to Westgate which is good so we can avoid them. Also nobody in Westgate speaks english but that's no news.