Is the penalty increased

susanschwaiger

Some fundamentally flawed arguments here...

IF someone wishes not to wear a helmet that may be their choice and one I could agree with if when they come off their bike they are the only ones impacted.

However, these people have loved ones who may have to look after them in their recovery or brain damaged state.

Additionally these people who may otherwise have faced minimal injuries when involved in an accident will now become the physiological burden of whoever else was involved in the same accident (especially if the 'other party' was not at fault').

Riding without a helmet shows a level of stupidity or self-centredness.

Whether other drivers should be penalised when driving carelessly / recklessly is a moot point, because we all agree they should. The fact remains that people will continue to face unnecessary injury and death as a simple result of not wearing a helmet.

This is much the same as not wearing a seatbelt - If you prefer not to, you must be self-centered, selfish and more than a little dim witted.

A little bit off topic, but

Is that your thoughts on people from the USA. gigglem.gif

No, its my thoughts of anyone who chooses not wear a helmet or seatbelt regardless of their location / local laws.

Perhaps my comments above were a little harsh - for the most part simple ignorance comes into it.

My motorbike hit oil on the road and went strait from under me, I remember my crash helmet scraping across the road saving my head from injury. I will always wear a helmet but I do think it should be optional if you want to smash your head and kill yourself.

It's time Thailand made every road user have insurance, It is more important as road accidents will increase with more people having cars and bikes (Especially the children).

they should make it 2000

Why ?

They should make it at least 2000Bt for the nutjobs who ride on the pavements and up the wrong side of the road.

At least the riders not wearing crash helmets are not going to harm anyone else.

they should make it 2000

Why ?

They should make it at least 2000Bt for the nutjobs who ride on the pavements and up the wrong side of the road.

At least the riders not wearing crash helmets are not going to harm anyone else.

Who will foot the bill and provide care for them when they are a drooling vegetable, thought about that?

they should make it 2000

Why ?

Who will foot the bill and provide care for them when they are a drooling vegetable, thought about that?

In case of foreigners.. certainly not the Thai state.

I feel that people should use helmets, because if a car hits them and the car is at fault the injury to the head could be far worse as when wearing one. It might even kill the bike rider and then the car rider is responsible for a death. Because I don't think they take into account here not wearing a helmet.

Anyway I always wear a helmet on my bikes.. its just stupid not too.

In case of foreigners.. certainly not the Thai state.

I feel that people should use helmets, because if a car hits them and the car is at fault the injury to the head could be far worse as when wearing one. It might even kill the bike rider and then the car rider is responsible for a death. Because I don't think they take into account here not wearing a helmet.

Anyway I always wear a helmet on my bikes.. its just stupid not too.

Hardly matters who was at fault if you're either dead or a vegetable.

I don't get angry when I see people not wearing a helmet, of course it is stupid not wearing one, but I certainly do feel angry when I see underage riders, and people riding

on the pavements and riding up the wrong side of the road.

Archived