Korean satire of Thai monks upsets Thais

webfact

Most people with an ounce of common sense...do not make fun of people's religious beliefs...or speak despairingly of one's mother or ancestors...

"You can not fix stupid!"

Wow. You are missing out on some of the world's best comedy.Ray Romano, Jerry Seinfeld, Seth McFarlane, Bob Saget, Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor, Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, and so many others have made the world laugh.

The greatest asset of the English has always been their brilliant sense of humor.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most people with an ounce of common sense...do not make fun of people's religious beliefs...or speak despairingly of one's mother or ancestors...

"You can not fix stupid!"

Wow. You are missing out on some of the world's best comedy.Ray Romano, Jerry Seinfeld, Seth McFarlane, Bob Saget, Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor, Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, and so many others have made the world laugh.

The greatest asset of the English has always been their brilliant sense of humor.

Believe you me, we need one...

It's a real shame that Lord Buddha didn't teach them how to react/respond to other's behavior; over which they have no control. /sarcasm

There are many stories of the Buddha and one of my favorites is that, when he sat under the Bodhi tree for so long observing the cycle of life and the interaction of nature, that some rowdies came up to the Buddha and tried to get him to lose his composure. They slandered his family, made crude jokes about himself, and called him every ugly name in the book. After a few hours, and unable to get a rise from the Buddha, the rowdies gave up and asked him why he didn't get upset at the way they treated him. The Buddha smiled and replied, "I chose not to accept your gift". I suggest to those Thais who were offended should not accept that gift from the Koreans.

"One Thai commentator pointed out that the freedom of the expression didn’t make it any less stupid.

"They are such a civilized country, but why are they so intellectually challenged?" Pharnupong Deva-auksorn wrote."

Hmm.....

Considering the high brow level of Thai TV.....lol

In fairness Thai TV is better than that in Vietnam, at least when I was there. At that time they have voice overs on programs which was a woman. Unfortunately she did the voice over for both the male and female parts. Very confusing

Well, being superior to Vietnamese TV isn't much of a badge of honour.

Agreed but a lot of their programs come from Thailand. If you think these are nonsense in Thailand try listening to a woman doing both male and female voice over. That is something else

The clip was not that funny.

If it were credit should be given.

But it was just blantant hating. ..I could see why the thais are offended.

I'm no comedian but there were so many opportunities to make it much more witty and satirical.

I've lost respect for the Koreans not due to their disrespectfulness but because of their lack of comedic writing. 10 minutes more of brainstorming could have yielded at least a 2x greater insult.

If you're gonna do it....and least try to do it well.

You have lost respect for all Koreans cos of one crappy comedy sketch - WOW!