Newin Chidchob unmasked in Ducati biker gang

webfact

Former politico Newin Chidchob unmasked in Ducati biker gang
By Coconuts Bangkok

11406807_792194660900478_459899273198384

BANGKOK: -- A former politician of twisting political allegiance famous for bringing home the bacon to the fine people of Buriram was fined this morning for riding his Ducati in a prohibited lane in northern Bangkok with five biker friends.

Citizens’ complaints that a group of moto dudes were honking and annoying the hell out of Pathum Thanites led Khlong Luang police to stop the bike gang and discover none other than Newin Chidchob at the head of the gang, living as large as ever.

They fined them THB400 for riding in a prohibited lane on Paholyothin Road, Thairath reported.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/18/former-politico-newin-chidchob-unmasked-ducati-biker-gang

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-18

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big bike riders don't need to honk their horns. They annoy car drivers for EXISTING, and refusing to acknowledge their place is as close to the gutter as possible.

I should make it clear that I am absolutely PRO motorcycling having ridden big bikes for every one of 45 years.

Edited by halloween

Big bike riders don't need to honk their horns. They annoy car drivers for EXISTING, and refusing to acknowledge their place is as close to the gutter as possible.

Nonsense!!

Stupid remark, I have no problem with car drivers (drive a car too). I don't honk to them either but some law changes for big bikes would be welcome. Would make travel a lot more fun if there were not so many roads blocked for us. Also the stupid stay left rule should be amended just like in the rest of the world where a big bike can go anywhere a car can go.

I find big bike riders in general better as those on scooters, cant say that i ever saw a big bike going against traffic (not sure nobody ever does it but not like on scooters)

The comments of his wife about her 'big boy' are really most amazing. Either they are up for a divorce or the Chidchob family is cozying up to the police/military big time.laugh.png

Edited by longtom

The comments of his wife about her 'big boy' are really most amazing. Either they are up for a divorce or the Chidchob family is cozying up to the police/military big time.laugh.png

Yeah that was hilarious. To me it sounded like she was giving him a good natured ribbing but it could also be a subtle message that no one should be above the law.

I should make it clear that I am absolutely PRO motorcycling having ridden big bikes for every one of 45 years.

You say big bikes place is as close to the gutter as possible. This shows your complete lack of knowledge regarding motorcycling. I'm a qualified Motorcycle Instructor (with 46 years experience riding and racing motorbikes) and one of the most basic rules taught to students when riding on the road is position yourself so you can see and be seen. That means sometimes moving out towards the centre line to gain a better view of the road ahead should there be a bend in the road or an obstruction. It also means moving into a more central position in the roads when approaching a junction so any drivers (of any vehicle) can see you approaching.

There's also something we remind all students on both large or small bikes, that is, ride in the gutter and you'll be treated like the rest of the crap that ends up there.

I'm impressed that they gave him a ticket! At least there is this "show" that powerful folks are subject to the law as well.

Newin is a super smart guy. I am sure if the police don't want to give him a ticket and he knows that all the cars are filming he urges the police to give him an official ticket, he would even bribe them to give him a ticket gigglem.gif

Stupid remark, I have no problem with car drivers (drive a car too). I don't honk to them either but some law changes for big bikes would be welcome. Would make travel a lot more fun if there were not so many roads blocked for us. Also the stupid stay left rule should be amended just like in the rest of the world where a big bike can go anywhere a car can go.

I find big bike riders in general better as those on scooters, cant say that i ever saw a big bike going against traffic (not sure nobody ever does it but not like on scooters)

I drive a car, a small motorbike, I drove big ones, I have a road bicycle.

Fact is that even the biggest motorbike (excluding some extreme exotic, where someone fit the airplane engine) use less gasoline, less space, less parking place than even a small car and therefor makes the traffic more fluid.

So everything should be done to promote motorbike over cars. Specially in Thailand where it is warm.

If all the big and small bike riders would sit in cars, poster Halloween wouldn't post here, he would still stay in the last traffic jam somewhere....

refusing to acknowledge their place is as close to the gutter as possible.

In Bangkok, riding your MC/scooter on the far left (I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'gutter') will get you run over by a bus or taxi (it only takes one). A taxi will dart from the far right lane to the curb/gutter when their passenger suddenly decides they want to stop HERE!. Buses aren't allowed on the far right lanes but use them anyway to go faster and they, also, swerve to the curb without warning. I do not pass between vehicles when traffic is moving but I do 'filter' to the front when all cars, trucks, buses, etc. are stopped. Follow the flow of the other bikes and you will be safer and, oh, watch out for Farangs opening taxi doors in the middle of stopped traffic.

As for idiots on big bike in Bangkok, I can't think of a worse place to bring a fat, heavy bike into gridlocked traffic and expect everyone to give you space than Bangkok. There are some very scenic open roads all over Thailand that are ideal for big bikes and that's where they belong, No one in their right mind wants to wrestle a big bike through Bangkok traffic; it's enough of a chore with a 150 cc or smalled bikes.

I hope Newin enjoys his notoriety. biggrin.png

Edited by rametindallas

I choose to beleive that this was meant ironic?

Talking about irony I just love the wife's statement that: "He should be punished if he's guilty, whether he has a big or small or tiny connection."

Sounds like your a bit of a D#K

All vehicles that are taxed and insured and above 50cc should be able to use any road. In addition, all vehicles should drive in the left hand lane unless overtaking slower moving vehicles....and then I woke up to the real Thailand???

Edited by watso63

No one seems to have gotten that this was supposed to be a joke by pointing out the reality of where tintops expect bikers to ride.

So now the joke has been explained, try to keep up!

Good to see some high so's also on bikes who knows if enough of those ride we might get better laws for big bikes like in the rest of the world.

Chatichai Choonhavan was another politician biker. Of the Thai Prime Ministers that I've lived here under, he was definitely my favourite.

You say big bikes place is as close to the gutter as possible. This shows your complete lack of knowledge regarding motorcycling. I'm a qualified Motorcycle Instructor (with 46 years experience riding and racing motorbikes) and one of the most basic rules taught to students when riding on the road is position yourself so you can see and be seen. That means sometimes moving out towards the centre line to gain a better view of the road ahead should there be a bend in the road or an obstruction. It also means moving into a more central position in the roads when approaching a junction so any drivers (of any vehicle) can see you approaching.

There's also something we remind all students on both large or small bikes, that is, ride in the gutter and you'll be treated like the rest of the crap that ends up there.

Are you aware of the law in Bangkok that bikes must use the left most lane? Yes it's a stupid law and Yes I've been fined many times for ignoring it. But it exists.

He showed real class in this situation.Got fined paid the ticket. No big fuss about do you know who I am ,nothing like that very classy.Very unusual for a Thai to show such class.He actually gets respect from me for his actions.