Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

THB to the GBP

So getting a little worried right now

Been watching the THB to the GBP and watching it slowing go up, as in the GBP to the THB

I will be heading to the UK in 2 weeks and going to be staying for a few months so will be changing a fair bit of THB to GBP before leaving Thailand

But really not happy watching it go up

I noticed in April is was great at 48 THB to the pound, wish I'd have caught it then and changed a load of cash over here, I guess that was due to the UK elections just around the corner so the UK wasn't so strong, but now there's the new/old government it's getting stronger maybe.

I guess my question is to the guys who do a lot of currency changing and have been watching the markets for many years, do you see it continuing to rise over the next few weeks or what?

I'd hate for in say 2 weeks when I'm about to change my cash for it to be hitting say 60....

It's at about 53:1 now and you're worried that it's going to go to 60:1 in two weeks? Very, very unlikely barring a catastrophic financial event or a major action by one of the countries' central banks.

If you look over the course of the last five years, the GBP to THB has generally traded in a range of about 50-55:1. Which is where it currently lies.

I think the OP is somewhat confused as to what is good for Tourists.......!!

Edited its me thats confused.......OP is talking in reverse to what I and others initially believed.

How much do you need to change back into Sterling. Many guys will change for you on the Ground. Put 53 in my account and I'll pay you in Sterling via Bank no problem

Edited by Chivas

I think the OP is somewhat confused as to what is good for Tourists.......!!

Not confused my end, great for the people coming this way but not for the people going the other way wink.png

Yep I was editing mine as you posted yours.

Greek Drachma any good rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Quite amusing last few days I've been looking at Late Booking stuff for Greece in the Kids summer Holidays. The availability is suddenly taking off for late July as no doubt people are bailing out of trips

I am praying for it to reach 60.

keep on praying .tongue.png

Well considering it was 47.5 in mid April and what we have now is some weakening in the Baht but mostly strengthening of sterling, with I believe further downside in the Baht precipated by further weakness in the economy, a further anticipated cut in base rate within the next few months, net outflow of foreign funds from Thailand to the U.S. Dollar which will be considered more and more of a safe haven, I'd say not much prayer will be needed, but of course I could be wrong. Edited by trd