Pub was tipped off before police raid

Lite Beer

So you think it is OK !!to sell to minors and have drugs available, also they pick the area where young college kids are attracted. Thata was why the raids

Why do I have the impression this is mostly for show?

If the offenses are:

1) Operating without a license

2) Operating after hours

Why is a big raid required?

rolleyes.gif

Yes of course, I said all those things and more.

Oh, wait. No I didn't.

But just to reduce your level of confusion, let me explain.

I think the police should take action against bars that are unlicensed and operating after hours. And of course, go after bars that serve underage customers.

But why is a big raid necessary to do this. Isn't this just a waste of resources? This is typical grandstanding by the police. Do something big and flashy, call in the media, get some quotes and pictures in the paper.

A much more effective method to actually document law-breaking, and accumulate evidence, especially of things like underage drinking and drug sales, is to send in a couple of guys undercover for a few nights. As far as bar registration goes, send in two guys to check for registration when the business opens, and if the paper is not forthcoming, close the bar for the night.

And keep it up all year long, so your corrupt friend calling his bar friends wont make any difference.

But I am dreami

Bars without licences don't need to conform with fire escape regulations, so are prone to drastic results in the case of a fire. For the operators own security, there is probably only one door in and out, thus a death trap.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the Prayut government making criminal networks uncomfortable.

Lets hope the police officers involved in this tip off are held accountable and that reform of the RTP will make these incidents a thing of the past.

Deluded - as one cop said to a couple of us a couple of weeks ago, nothing has changed, we just send it upstairs to different bosses.

oh yes you know all the rumors - (and believe them?)

if there is some good news of the present government some people always refuse to believe it -

Did you know there might be people who have a different understanding of politics than the reds?

Lets hope the police officers involved in this tip off are held accountable and that reform of the RTP will make these incidents a thing of the past.

These officers could just as well be friends from his childhood so absolutely NO EVIDENCE showing they called him to tip him off....so no case here. These officials could obviously just be investigated more closely but nothing else

That will never happen, somebody has to pay for all those police mia noys

You could not have put this much better...

• 2 weeks later...