Cheap food courts in Central Pattaya area

Hal65

I went to the Big C in Central Pattaya and saw that meals were in the 30 to 70 baht range, quite a good deal.

Central Festival food court was more expensive, most meals in the 60 to 150 baht range. I was hoping they'd be cheaper because I literally live right next to them.

Are there any other good food courts in this area?

BigC definitely cheaper than Central. I dont notice any significant difference in quality between the two. There is a difference in style of food though, with BigC being less international. I quite often eat noodles there before doing my shopping as it's well known that you should never shop on an empty stomach.

There's a food court in Tops on the corner of Central and 2nd Roads which isnt bad, though a bit small. There's also a food court floor in Mike department store but it always seems to be deserted. Also Tesco North Rd which is much further away from you.

Apart from that there's the outdoor food market area in Soi Buakow.

• 2 weeks later...

Why dont you try the food court on Pattaya Klang? Walking towards Sukumvit it is on the left side maybe 100 meters east of Second Road. I eat there for the past 14 years and I am very happy. Prices have doubled in bath terms during the period. Thinking in terms of USD tears come to eyes.

@hal 65

never. Some stalls are open 24/7, most keep open till after midnite. Outside is also a small street night market till dawn.

I like one small stall. They do also dishes that are not on the menu like yam plaa do <deleted> (catfish salad) when I ask for it and good catfish is around. The stall are reliable providers and a bit relict of old Pattaya.

I prefer these open air food courts and other simple places over the malls with their processed offerings.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to read a post that requested a "reasonably priced food court" or a reasonably priced hotel, etc. Guess this is a reflection of the type of (cheap) people that flock to Pattaya.

Spaniel, well some food courts are very reasonably priced and cheap has many meanings after all. I found that at 'cheap' places you usually see those expats and tourists who have been around for a while and are cognizant of prices in SEA. I find it much harder to find something to be called 'reasonably priced' in places that charge more. Most often I feel I pay for the place and not the food. Plus, do you really think that local Thais feel the urge to pay more than elsewhere just because some foreigner has attidudinal issues? I guess not.

I would have been refreshing if you had something to add to the discussion other than marking your territory. Why dont you look for another street corner to document your existence?

Instead of food courts you can get the same type of dishes at Kiss for the same price. A big bowl of noodle soup only 50 baht and its delicious.

Spaniel, well some food courts are very reasonably priced and cheap has many meanings after all. I found that at 'cheap' places you usually see those expats and tourists who have been around for a while and are cognizant of prices in SEA. I find it much harder to find something to be called 'reasonably priced' in places that charge more. Most often I feel I pay for the place and not the food. Plus, do you really think that local Thais feel the urge to pay more than elsewhere just because some foreigner has attidudinal issues? I guess not.

I would have been refreshing if you had something to add to the discussion other than marking your territory. Why dont you look for another street corner to document your existence?

I think you missed my point Mike but nice reply. Try to get out more.

Tolley, I fully agree with you. The place on Klang is like that. It is especially helpful as a late night option. Add to the court the 'night market' offerings outside you have a decent choice of Thai dishes. I should add I NEVER felt sick after eating there. That's not bad for 13+ years.

The mall courts survive on their aircon. Once you're used to the climate the Thai places beat the courts. If you like Indian stile food/snacks there is a small hole in the wall place on 2nd road (beach side) between sois 5 and 6. Reasonably priced and very clean.

Not Pattaya but relevant is the food court on the lower level of BKK airport. Some stuff is pretty good and prices are normal BKK prices. Boardmembers flying out might like to try it in case they do not know it yet.