PAD member seeks to raise Bt7m to cover court fees

webfact

Bankruptcy prospect for 13 PAD core members

6-24-2015-2-25-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- One of the 13 core members of the anti-Thaksin Peoples Alliance for Democracy has lamented bitterly about the prospect of bankruptcy after the Appeals Court ordered them to pay the Airports of Thailand Company 600 million baht in compensation for their leading role in the seizure of Don Meuang and Suvarnabhumi international airports during the anti-government protests in 2008.

Writing in her Facebook page, Ms Maleerat Kaewka admitted that the Appeals Courts verdict was her worst crisis and several other people. Asking herself whether she was afraid of the prospect of being declared bankrupt for her inability to pay the compensation, she answered philosophically that everything in impermanent but maintained that what the group had done was right.

There are two options for her and the other 12 colleagues who include former Bangkok governor Chamlong Srimuang, former media tycoon Sondhi Limthongkul, Suriyasai Takasila, Pipob Thongchai and Somkiat Pongpaibul.

The first option is to appeal against the Appeals Courts verdict to the Supreme Court. Ms Maleerat said the problem about this option was that they didnt know where or how to get the seven million baht fees needed as a bond for the case to be submitted to the Supreme Court.

The advantage of this option, she pointed out, is that the case will drag on for 3-5 more years and they would have time to postpone the payment of the compensation

The second option, she wrote, is to not appeal the verdict which means that the 13 of them would be charged with bankruptcy which was expected to take one year to be concluded.

Ms Maleerat said the group discussed about the two options and opted for fighting the case but admitted that the key problem about this option was where to get the seven million baht fees.

One supporter, she said, has offered to contribute 100,000 baht. There are talks about soliciting fund from supporters both at home and abroad to pay the court fees.

In her Facebook page, she gave a rough account of the ordeal the group and the PAD protesters had gone through during the marathon protests which included being attacked by grenades and gunfire which left several protesters dead and wounded.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkruptcy-prospect-for-13-pad-core-members

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-06-24

Another article giving a platform to these Anti-democrats to advance their version of things, even if it is via lamentations.....poor us.....Just waiting to see jail doors clang closed behind this bunch.....But won't hold my breath... I don't recall their political opposites getting similar sympathy on their way to jail....... They were merely agitating to have legitimate elections.....

I notice many posters in this thread linking the donations the Lumpini PDRC's gathered, and suggesting they be used to bail these airporters out.......What that tells me is that it is common knowledge who these people are....Essentially a minority side of the Political divide, thoroughly anti-democratic, with a singular objective .........That being Anti-electoral.

One was successful, the other not..

Edited by Bannum opinions

This goes to show that a total disregard for the Constitution and laws transcends politics in Thailand. It's not just the redshirts who fail to understand their constitutional rights. The Constitution establishes a right to peacefully assemble, as long as it doesn't interfere with government functions. So, a demonstration can occupy a public street and block traffic, but there's no right to occupy government buildings if it interferes with government work. The PAD deserves this punishment.

bankruptcy? there IS justice if that happens

they should all be in jail for terrorist activity for that is what taking over an airport IS

imagine that happening elsewhere? scum

Can we assume then that the Thaksin-sponsored occupation of downtown Bangkok for months on end would also be classed as a terrorist activity in your opinion?

they should all be in jail for terrorist activity for that is what taking over an airport IS

Can we assume then that the Thaksin-sponsored occupation of downtown Bangkok for months on end would also be classed as a terrorist activity in your opinion?

Was that the Thaksin sponsored occupation that was going on simultaneously with the "shut down Bangkok" nutters? In case you have'nt noticed things have moved on a bit, its all about reconciliation, being happy or else, or have your attitude tweaked. Get with the programme.

Another article giving a platform to these Anti-democrats to advance their version of things, even if it is via lamentations.....poor us.....Just waiting to see jail doors clang closed behind this bunch.....But won't hold my breath... I don't recall their political opposites getting similar sympathy on their way to jail....... They were merely agitating to have legitimate elections.....

I notice many posters in this thread linking the donations the Lumpini PDRC's gathered, and suggesting they be used to bail these airporters out.......What that tells me is that it is common knowledge who these people are....Essentially a minority side of the Political divide, thoroughly anti-democratic, with a singular objective .........That being Anti-electoral.

One was successful, the other not..

You seem to be stuck on two anti words. Thought I would help you out. Here is a link to an extra 787 words beginning with anti. Enjoy.

http://www.morewords.com/starts-with/anti/

Was that the Thaksin sponsored occupation that was going on simultaneously with the "shut down Bangkok" nutters? In case you have'nt noticed things have moved on a bit, its all about reconciliation, being happy or else, or have your attitude tweaked. Get with the programme.

The "shut down Bangkok" you mentioned is what I was talking about, it was sponsored (paid for) by Thaksin.

Street demos and protest are a staple part of legitimate protest from every city from Hong Kong, Moscow and Washington and beyond. In fact virtually EVERY city in the world.

Taking the airport was totally beyond that. It was meant to inspire a coup and was a terrorist act. Name ONE other country that would, has or will allow it's international airport to be taken down for weeks by a mob?

In many peoples view THIS is what started all the troubles. May they suffer greatly for their selfish, moronic and vicious act against this great country and its people's.

Street demos and protest are a staple part of legitimate protest from every city from Hong Kong, Moscow and Washington and beyond. In fact virtually EVERY city in the world.

Taking the airport was totally beyond that. It was meant to inspire a coup and was a terrorist act. Name ONE other country that would, has or will allow it's international airport to be taken down for weeks by a mob?

In many peoples view THIS is what started all the troubles. May they suffer greatly for their selfish, moronic and vicious act against this great country and its people's.

If only it WAS a simple street demonstration or protest. Shutting down large parts of Bangkok for months on end, shootings, bombings and grenade attacks are NOT what I would call a street protest OR a legitimate form of protest.

As for the airport shutdown, I agree, it was moronic.

Unfortunately, it's a tit for tat argument we have here. All I can say is that what I've seen over the years is that the Thaksin side of things will stop at nothing to get what he wants, including killing people. Having said that, I'm sure the other side of things have done the same, but I've seen the Thaksin side of things going much, much further and far more viciously with no thought to anyone else that gets caught in the crosshairs.

If only it WAS a simple street demonstration or protest. Shutting down large parts of Bangkok for months on end, shootings, bombings and grenade attacks are NOT what I would call a street protest OR a legitimate form of protest.

Unfortunately, it's a tit for tat argument we have here. All I can say is that what I've seen over the years is that the Thaksin side of things will stop at nothing to get what he wants, including killing people. Having said that, I'm sure the other side of things have done the same, but I've seen the Thaksin side of things going much, much further and far more viciously with no thought to anyone else that gets caught in the crosshairs.

let me make it clear I am AGAINST all violence on any side and this has been my stated position all along whether it's red, yellow or whatever

and as a result of that position I am against any such attacks - period

however the airport take-over was the catalyst which catapulted the current troubles and those that led the airport take-over should be utterly ASHAMED that in a 'democratic country' (sic) this could happen that the few could, and would, bully the many by capturing the nations primary international airport.

Jail them as an example and, yes, jail any colour involved with violence in Bangkok

Regardless of one's choice of sides in this matter, "...the seven million baht fees needed as a bond for the case to be submitted to the Supreme Court" says that the average guy doesn't have access to the rule of law. Access to appeals should be for the lowliest pauper, too.

Taking over an International Airport is tantamount to International Terrorism. Who is going to pay the International Airlines for their losses. Not the Thai government i hope.