Acting US ambassador apologises to Pramote in person

webfact

.........and whether 'Anti-Thaksin Activist' is considered a positive or negative classification.

There are many powerful factions within, and peripheral to, the US government. Dr. Thaksin has a long association (since before he was PM) with the Carlyle Group which are mostly Republican. Since the current President is a Democratic, but uninterested in foreign policy as it cuts into his golf time, it could be that the current US government is playing those CG Republicans off anti-Thaksin Thais as a bargaining chip or just to piss them off. There are definitely no moral or ethical reasons for the US government to act one way or another as they have neither morals or ethics; it is all politics. Imagine, having the Acting Ambassador prominently posing with an acknowledged anti-Thaksin supporter and then, imagine who that bothers. It's all a game to those <deleted>. Next week they could withdraw the invitation if it suited their agenda.

I recall when Thaksin called Bush his best friend and said that if anyone can't understand his English (Thaksins English) than it is because he speak a Texas accent (like his buddy) crazy.gif

For someone who can't speak a language perfect to copy a regional dialect? facepalm.gif

Whatever he may say, I've heard Thaksin speak English and that is NOT a Texas accent. I wonder if he and Bush are still best friends.

The incident is completely embarrassing. Yes, human error was involved, but that isn't really the issue. The address label demonstrates that the US Embassy maintains an address list on its database in Bangkok that designates Thai politicians by their allegiance to Thaksin. As a US citizen, I am mortified. The embassy's mission is diplomatic, not political. This is exactly the type of meddling which made me disapprove of the appointments of Kristie Kenney and Dannel Russel. I wish Mr. Murphy the best of luck in repairing the damage caused by neophytes who don't understand the concept of a diplomatic mission.

Seriously? yes an embasy is a bastion of pure diplomacy .... as well as CIA, NSA spooks, DEA etc. ... somebody obviously wasn't paying attention when addressing invites, but yea, gotta keep them reds from them yellas and who can be expected to remember those long names.

Thaksin has a degree in Criminology (why am I not surprised?) from Sam Houston University in Huntsville, Texas. I attended school there in the early 60's, (one of the best party schools in Texas at the time) and my mother graduated from there back in the 20's. Thaksin stayed with Bush at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. No Thaksin does not have a Texas accent and neither does Bush. He is a Connecticut Yankee like all the rest of his criminal family, damned carpetbaggers.

The incident is completely embarrassing. Yes, human error was involved, but that isn't really the issue. The address label demonstrates that the US Embassy maintains an address list on its database in Bangkok that designates Thai politicians by their allegiance to Thaksin. As a US citizen, I am mortified. The embassy's mission is diplomatic, not political. This is exactly the type of meddling which made me disapprove of the appointments of Kristie Kenney and Dannel Russel. I wish Mr. Murphy the best of luck in repairing the damage caused by neophytes who don't understand the concept of a diplomatic mission.

US embassy in Paris is 'home to secret spy nest' http://www.thelocal.fr/20150624/us-embassy-in-paris-home-to-secret-spy-nest

It's what embassies do.

OK, since the author of this piece can not be bothered to explain what this is about .. let me help.

(Google is your friend, and this took, start to finish, about a minute ...)

Why they post these hazy "news articles" is beyond me ..

Is it really so difficult to just tell the whole story?

Once you see what it is .. it is funny .. the "notes" portion of the data base was included in the auto address function.

I wonder how many other Thais they have 'categorized'.

.........and whether 'Anti-Thaksin Activist' is considered a positive or negative classification.

There are many powerful factions within, and peripheral to, the US government. Dr. Thaksin has a long association (since before he was PM) with the Carlyle Group which are mostly Republican. Since the current President is a Democratic, but uninterested in foreign policy as it cuts into his golf time, it could be that the current US government is playing those CG Republicans off anti-Thaksin Thais as a bargaining chip or just to piss them off. There are definitely no moral or ethical reasons for the US government to act one way or another as they have neither morals or ethics; it is all politics. Imagine, having the Acting Ambassador prominently posing with an acknowledged anti-Thaksin supporter and then, imagine who that bothers. It's all a game to those <deleted>. Next week they could withdraw the invitation if it suited their agenda.

regarding "golf time" or what ever,

Q: Is it true that George W. Bush took more vacation days than Barack Obama?

A: Yes. Before his two-week trip to Martha’s Vineyard in August, Obama’s count was 125 full or partial days and Bush’s total at the same point in his presidency was 407.

A: Yes. Before his two-week trip to Martha’s Vineyard in August, Obama’s count was 125 full or partial days and Bush’s total at the same point in his presidency was 407.

You've got your head so far up his ass, tell me, does Obama have any polyps? I insulted Geo. Bush when he was president so stop getting so defensive for the Kenyan.

Edited by rametindallas

given his writings, http://thaisnet.com/PDF/Nodemocraticelection.pdf

I would say that calling him an anti-Thaksin activist is far to kind...

I'm embarrassed that my government has invited him at all. (PS: much less that they apologized to him... )

coffee1.gif

Yes, I can see how anyone that openly declares the flaws in Thailand's version of democracy would be unpopular with you, especially when he points out that democracy extends past elections. The grubby "money politics" of buying politicians and their votes, and of using those votes to appoint yourself, family, cronies and criminals avoiding prosecution into high office via the party list stinks so badly only those with no sense of smell can tolerate it.

But we don't need no damned reforms, let's have another election and let the corrupt buy their way back into power.

OK, since the author of this piece can not be bothered to explain what this is about .. let me help.

(Google is your friend, and this took, start to finish, about a minute ...)

Why they post these hazy "news articles" is beyond me ..

Is it really so difficult to just tell the whole story?

Once you see what it is .. it is funny .. the "notes" portion of the data base was included in the auto address function.

The author of this piece explained perfectly well what this was about. Plus the fact that this story first surfaced a day or so ago. Not exactly "Mr Current Affairs", are you?

You've got your head so far up his ass, tell me, does Obama have any polyps? I insulted Geo. Bush when he was president so stop getting so defensive for the Kenyan.

claiming that President Obama is not interested in foreign policy shows rather clearly who cannot see daylight. .... yawn.... coffee1.gif

given his writings, http://thaisnet.com/PDF/Nodemocraticelection.pdf

I would say that calling him an anti-Thaksin activist is far to kind...

I'm embarrassed that my government has invited him at all. (PS: much less that they apologized to him... )

coffee1.gif

Yes, I can see how anyone that openly declares the flaws in Thailand's version of democracy would be unpopular with you, especially when he points out that democracy extends past elections. The grubby "money politics" of buying politicians and their votes, and of using those votes to appoint yourself, family, cronies and criminals avoiding prosecution into high office via the party list stinks so badly only those with no sense of smell can tolerate it.

But we don't need no damned reforms, let's have another election and let the corrupt buy their way back into power.

the man doesn't expose flaws in Thai Democracy, he is simply anti-democratic.

He was one of the fabricators of the "Finland Plot" among his other rants. He would seem to have no interest in democracy no matter who is in charge.

so yeah, I'm not one of his fans.

claiming that President Obama is not interested in foreign policy shows rather clearly who cannot see daylight. .... yawn.... coffee1.gif

I thought American foreign policy to be modelled on the Vikings...