Chinese tourist in Phuket hospital after falling from jet-ski

webfact

Chinese tourist in Phuket hospital after falling from jet-ski
Eakkapop Thongtub

1435204720_1-org.jpg
The Chinese tourist was initially taken to Thalang Hospital but was transferred to Phuket International Hospita; because she was experiencing breathing difficulties.

PHUKET: -- A Chinese tourist is currently in hospital being treated for injuries she sustained when she she fell from a jet-ski she was riding off the beach of Koh Naka Yai.

At 4:30pm, Thalang police received a call from Thalang Hospital stating that they were treating a female Chinese tourist who had fallen from a jet-ski.

The woman, named as Zhang Aiqin, 52, was transported to Thalang Hospital from Ao Po Marina by Kusoldharm rescue workers at 4pm.

However, she was suffering breathing difficulties when admitted so was transferred to Phuket International Hospital where she is still being treated.

The jet-ski operator told police that when the victim fell off the jet-ski her friends jumped in the water and saved her. They then took took her to Ao Po Marina and called police.

Police have made a recored of the incident and will wait to question Ms Aiqin. No charge have yet been filed.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-in-phuket-hospital-after-falling-from-jet-ski-52918.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-25

She was at a hospital, but she was experiencing breathing problems so they transferred her to another hospital? The first hospital can't treat breathing problems so they take the risk of transporting her...

She was at a hospital, but she was experiencing breathing problems so they transferred her to another hospital? The first hospital can't treat breathing problems so they take the risk of transporting her...

She was at Thalang Hospital. I would be very disappointed with my GP if he would not do a better job at almost everything than they do at Thalang Hospital. So even taking a risk into account it sounds like a good decision to me to move her.

I think she was gasping over the damage bill to the jetski.

Now in a major trauma ICU.

52 year old .... you'd think she would have more sense than to hire a jet ski ... oh well

have you never seen the quality on Chinese toys ?

They thinking its same same !!

but i didn't mean to trough away the tourist !!

Wish the lady a speedy and safe recovery.

But must say, as a tourist, at some point, it becomes one's responsibility to educate yourself about the place you're traveling to, and what things that can be safely enjoyed, and what things are best avoided.

Out there on the Internet, there are ALL KINDS of reports and posts on the various risks and pitfalls of tourists using jetski's in Thailand, including getting hit by speedboats, extortion scams, and more.

Frankly, I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to be a customer of those folks and place one's self at risk in their manner of operating.

Do Jet-Ski provide the insurance? I gather not? saai.gif

Good point ... used to be 'mandatory' ... but I guess the jet ski boys did not want to pay the premiums as the insurance company can reject claims as they (the insurance companies) don't have to worry about police intervention.

Edited by LivinginKata

Is Naka Yai an approved by Purripat jet ski location...............?

I don't think the location, the water or the jet ski can be blamed here do you really. A few days ago I was having breakfast at a road side when a small car driven by a Chinese lady mounted the pavement which had a foot high curb and smashed into a telephone kiosk causing a lot of damage, She the managed to reverse away from the obstacle a few inches and then just got out and walked away as if nothing had happened.

Yesterday I was having lunch in a noodle eatery when a Chinese woman drove into the entrance off the 3 lane main road and just stopped got out and left her car completely blocking the entrance. Other cars were then pulling in and having to reverse back out onto the busy road to the left lane mostly used by motorcycles. She couldn't care less despite the moans from other customers having to park elsewhere and walk further to get in.

Do I have any sympathy? What do you think. Am I stereo typing? Yes! because too many female Chinese drivers are dangerous and need to be stopped from driving until they can prove they are capable.

Do Jet-Ski provide the insurance? I gather not? saai.gif

One of the reasons I live in Thailand is because I disagree with the way people think its okay to do something exciting but slightly dangerous and then expect someone else to pay for their own mistake.

In the UK if a burglar hurts himself breaking into your home he can sue you if he can prove negligence despite the fact that he should not be there. Utterly ridiculous. In Thailand "Its up to you" and that's the way it should be. If you cant ride a jet ski then don't!

52 year old .... you'd think she would have more sense than to hire a jet ski ... oh well

have you never seen the quality on Chinese toys ?

They thinking its same same !!

but i didn't mean to trough away the tourist !!

Oh what so loads of other customers used it but now that someone hurt themselves on it and the jet ski itself suddenly became low quality. What? The? F?

JJ and his hunting riffle will visit her in the hospital demanding 50,000B for jet ski damage ... A-hole people ...bah.gif

A - Hole Jet ski Rider with no clue. I hope they took a deposit for any damage she did to it.

Come on now.....I'm 66 and thinking of buying my own one. They say your as old as you feel. What about people in their 70's 80's and last month an over 90 doing a bit of bungee jumping or jumping out of Aeroplanes....... Don't worry...they have an instructor to remind them to put on a parachute.

She was at Thalang Hospital. I would be very disappointed with my GP if he would not do a better job at almost everything than they do at Thalang Hospital. So even taking a risk into account it sounds like a good decision to me to move her.

I'm guessing that Thalang is a government hospital. Please correct me if I am wrong. It has been my experience that, for the most part, if the problem is more complex than setting a bone or delivering a baby (without complications), government hospitals should be avoided. Their diagnostic skills leave a lot to be desired. coffee1.gif

I'm guessing that Thalang is a government hospital. Please correct me if I am wrong. It has been my experience that, for the most part, if the problem is more complex than setting a bone or delivering a baby (without complications), government hospitals should be avoided. Their diagnostic skills leave a lot to be desired. coffee1.gif
I think Vachira is OK, just overcrowded. Thalang I would not trust with applying a bandage.

From all the comments the real question Thai Visa readers want the answers to are how much

damage was done to the jet ski, and what was she gouged for. whistling.gif