26 suspected conmen from African nations rounded in Bangkok

Lite Beer

"Dark skinned folk"?

Is that the new phrase to express colour prejudice in polite company/appear funny to like minded "folk"?

No, that would be "negro", and if there is any prejudice directed to people like those that were arrested and the rest of their type they deserve it.

Nonsense.

You think there is only one prejudicial term available to those inclined to intolerance?

People arrested for crimes deserve punishment under the law.

There is no need to used prejudicial, bigoted terms to describe them, especially as those inclined to prejudice will not differentiate between criminals and the innocent.

It is not nonsense at all, it is my opinion. And of course I know lots of other derogatory terms but so what?

If I am prejudiced, intolerant or bigoted towards these people, that is my prerogative. If you are tolerant of criminal of the type referred to in the OP then that is your entitlement also, wrong though you may be. The offensive types that were arrested do nothing to deserve anything but prejudice and bigotry and if you had met any of this type (I have) you would understand my opinion.

There is no need either for you to be dictating what other members do or think nor to suggest that I may be unable to distinguish between the criminal element and others.

Coming from you that is the supreme irony.

I'm not dictating but expressing the opinion that you are dead wrong.

Clear enough for you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can remember when I first visited Thailand about 13 years ago.

No (or very few) Nigerians, Arabs, Indians, Chinese.......ahhhhh, those were the days!

thats all you see in pattaya nowadays.

seems whiteman has gone back to thd western world to suffer in a life of once per annum sex and soul crushing work.

"Dark skinned folk"?

Is that the new phrase to express colour prejudice in polite company/appear funny to like minded "folk"?

No, that would be "negro", and if there is any prejudice directed to people like those that were arrested and the rest of their type they deserve it.

Nonsense.

You think there is only one prejudicial term available to those inclined to intolerance?

People arrested for crimes deserve punishment under the law.

There is no need to used prejudicial, bigoted terms to describe them, especially as those inclined to prejudice will not differentiate between criminals and the innocent.

It is not nonsense at all, it is my opinion. And of course I know lots of other derogatory terms but so what?

If I am prejudiced, intolerant or bigoted towards these people, that is my prerogative. If you are tolerant of criminal of the type referred to in the OP then that is your entitlement also, wrong though you may be. The offensive types that were arrested do nothing to deserve anything but prejudice and bigotry and if you had met any of this type (I have) you would understand my opinion.

There is no need either for you to be dictating what other members do or think nor to suggest that I may be unable to distinguish between the criminal element and others.