Camronwit still stuck in Japanese custody

Lite Beer

"He has now assigned a close aide to contact his friend to get the registration papers for the gun, which will be used as evidence,"

The only evidence I see here is that the gun was never registered in his name, otherwise his son would have brought it to Japan.

I read elsewhere the scans of his luggage when he checked in in Bkk were deleted which is common after 3 days. However, he was caught in Tokyo within this time frame…

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read originally that the son was traveling to Japan with the gun registration papers. Now we hear that a "friend" who gave him the gun has the / his papers.

if there are different versions of a fact then one at least is a lie

- isn't it typical for criminals (or there criminal comrades)

to invent lies in order to get off the hook?

Credibility of criminals is not supposed to be high - for a reason.

"I would suggest the registration papers, if they exist, are something of an irrelevance as they are only applicable to Thailand. "

correct. the offence is not missing registration papers - the major offence is bringing a gun to the airport and trying to board a plane with it

Edited by sweatalot

"Camronwit still stuck in Japanese custody"

To me this headline says what a great inconvenience it is for the poor man to be stuck, like stuck in a traffic jam.

"Camronwit still in Japanese custody"

States the fact

It could be a euphemism for "he's found a close friend."

Edited by halloween

"He has now assigned a close aide to contact his friend to get the registration papers for the gun, which will be used as evidence,"

The only evidence I see here is that the gun was never registered in his name, otherwise his son would have brought it to Japan.

I read elsewhere the scans of his luggage when he checked in in Bkk were deleted which is common after 3 days. However, he was caught in Tokyo within this time frame…

I suspect the "registration papers" happen to be in a big brown envelope

It is becoming more and more likely that Kamronwit actually got the gun from his Japanese contacts as a gift. You can imagine what type of people they might be. Hence the reason for no Thai registration papers, no evidence of the gun having passed through Suwannaphum, a macho cop carrying a very small gun, him taking an extraordinary risk, etc.

Looks like Japan is going to get some extra BOI privileges paid for by Kamronwit's family's fighting fund.

Unregistered firearms are extremely scarce and expensive in Japan. Why would his Japanese mafia contacts give him a weapon they rarely possess themselves? Why would Kamronwit accept it and try to carry it onto a plane?

To me, the only likely explanations would be a frame up (which I dismiss as Kamronwit has not suggested it); or he really did carry it from Thailand, accidentally or otherwise.

The CTX-9000DSi scanners are based on cat scan technology. It identifies explosive material plus metal objects. I find it difficult to believe the scanner would not have identified the gun if it was in a vertical position as reported by the airport official.

being a policeman he should have made sure he wasn't carrying a gun he should have checked everything before he left home .

and being a policeman he should of known the probs, of bringing a gun on to a plane. If the gun was a present from a Jap. friend , how come he forgot it was in his carry on bag. If nothing else and that lovely little gun was a present to me the first thing I would do would be to remove the bullets so if i was walking the streets with it in Japan and got apprehended , a lesser prob. This drivel all means a cop should know better , no excuse one-two-one-two ,mind yer fingers ,clang !

The CTX-9000DSi scanners are based on cat scan technology. It identifies explosive material plus metal objects. I find it difficult to believe the scanner would not have identified the gun if it was in a vertical position as reported by the airport official.

Defamation charges are a national sport here so i wonder what the scanner manufacturers think of AOT claiming their equipment might be fooled if a small gun is packed a certain way although to protect themselves AOT did point out their scanner operators are experts. No way they'd ever admit a VIP, or certain ones anyway, were given the extra privilege of not being bothered by security screening.

With the speed that technology advances I'm presuming the scanner in question has been improved / upgraded, maybe a more knowledgeable member can help, but the model may well be in use in airports other than Swampy so I doubt the maker's are pleased at AOT suggesting how it might be defeated.

The main charge against him must be attempting to board the plane with a loaded weapon, whatever the legal name for that is.

This has already been proven as the gun was found in his carry on bag which he would have put on the scanner himself and he has admitted the gun was his.

So there is no way round that unless they want to accept excuses like he forgot it was there.

Anything else like ; how did he get the weapon, where did it come from, is it registered IE legal ? are all additional to that and really have no bearing on the main charge.

However they could lead to other charges and if it is shown that he has lied then that could go against him should they decide to prosecute him.

Edited by Robby nz

He is a rotten apple and I hope he will do hard time but am not gonna hold my breath since the ugly diplomacy will come into play soon - the best thing about this case is that ICAO have been confirmed in what we all know :

Thai Aviation safety is like playing Russian Roulette ... 1zgarz5.gifmfr_closed1.gif

He is a rotten apple and I hope he will do hard time but am not gonna hold my breath since the ugly diplomacy will come into play soon - the best thing about this case is that ICAO have been confirmed in what we all know :

Thai Aviation safety is like playing Russian Roulette ... 1zgarz5.gifmfr_closed1.gif

Two rotten apples

post-133695-0-39738600-1435382103_thumb.

Defamation charges are a national sport here so i wonder what the scanner manufacturers think of AOT claiming their equipment might be fooled if a small gun is packed a certain way although to protect themselves AOT did point out their scanner operators are experts. No way they'd ever admit a VIP, or certain ones anyway, were given the extra privilege of not being bothered by security screening.

With the speed that technology advances I'm presuming the scanner in question has been improved / upgraded, maybe a more knowledgeable member can help, but the model may well be in use in airports other than Swampy so I doubt the maker's are pleased at AOT suggesting how it might be defeated.

CTX-9000DSi scanners are used at airports in Sweden, Beijing, Japan, US and Canada just to name a few. The manufacturer offered an upgrade in 2010 but I didn't see any news reports of Suvarnabhumi being upgraded.

This story just gets weirder and weirder - first he says he brought it from Thailand forgetting it was in his hand luggage before leaving Thailand and not found then coming back he put it in his medicine bag so he knew he had it then - why not put in his suitcase or better get rid!!!!!Then his son flies out to prove he has ownership papers for this gun and today he says he is using a close aid to contact the person who gave him the gun and get the ownership papers off him - confusing!

He's got 23 days before they decide to prosecotue or not, they may let him go, or don't you think the Japanese are corrupt, if you think that, you know nothing about Japan

if you think that, you know nothing about Japan

I have not thought at all , but I know nothing about Japan either.blink.png

""Records show that judging by his facial expression, Camronwit was shocked to have seen the gun there."

Softening the public up for his impending release.....he really just made a mistake.bah.gif And remember...we've also been told that he's an old man and forgets easily.

Shocked to have been caught, more like it.

Perhaps I should try arriving at Bangkok airport with a gun , use the the same story and see what happens ?!!

You can see the headlines - Farang gangster caught trying to bring firearms into Thailand - maybe drug dealer , terrorist, etc., etc. - this is Hiso arrogance at its finest hour thinking he wouldn't get checked at Narita as he is " so important " in LOS .

Yet another amazing Thailand story you couldn't make up !

CTX-9000DSi scanners are used at airports in Sweden, Beijing, Japan, US and Canada just to name a few. The manufacturer offered an upgrade in 2010 but I didn't see any news reports of Suvarnabhumi being upgraded.

Thanks for that.. Other members talk about the scanners needing regular calibration but we know what Thai maintenance can be like, that's if it's actually done, unless the manufacturer's engineers are involved.

The Transport Minister says they were accredited by the US last year but given the high volume of use they're put to is an annual inspection enough ?

Any thoughts ?

Hay this is good

Maybe they will charge him double for his bail. Give him no food. Clean water. A 60 second shower. Make him sleep on a concrete floor with no blanket. Give him no medicine or medical care. And then sentance him to twice as long for his crime than they would for any Japanese citizen. With no possibility of parole or a suspended sentence. And may every lawyer he hires steal his money and give him zero legal representation...bastard. Hope he gets all that and more....

Hay this is good

Maybe they will charge him double bail. Give him no food or clean

Water. Make him sleep on a concrete floor with no blanket. And certainly no medicine or medical. Shower for 60 seconds. And no water for his toilet. Or to

Wash his hands.....bastard. Hope he gets twice the sentance as any Japanese citizen and no possibility of Parole or legal help of any kind. That's

What Thailand does to foreign prisoners.....

Don't the CTX things deal with hold baggage. This was in his hand luggage.

surely a senior policeman would not be so stupid as to travel abroad with a gun without carrying its papers. There is clearly more to this than we are being told.

Surely he got promoted only based on his high intellect.

Camronwit with "close friend"

30193097-01_big.jpg

Edited by PS2

It is becoming more and more likely that Kamronwit actually got the gun from his Japanese contacts as a gift. You can imagine what type of people they might be. Hence the reason for no Thai registration papers, no evidence of the gun having passed through Suwannaphum, a macho cop carrying a very small gun, him taking an extraordinary risk, etc.

Looks like Japan is going to get some extra BOI privileges paid for by Kamronwit's family's fighting fund.

Unregistered firearms are extremely scarce and expensive in Japan. Why would his Japanese mafia contacts give him a weapon they rarely possess themselves? Why would Kamronwit accept it and try to carry it onto a plane?

To me, the only likely explanations would be a frame up (which I dismiss as Kamronwit has not suggested it); or he really did carry it from Thailand, accidentally or otherwise.

Another possibility is that this guy is strongly lacking in intelligence and the ability to analyze situations and act / proceed appropriately.

Yes he was the BKK police chief at one stage and we all know how that happened, and his selection has nothing whatever to do with intelligence, morals, or performance.

Edited by scorecard

Don't the CTX things deal with hold baggage. This was in his hand luggage.

I think you are right and we are talking about 2 different things (scanners) here.

An earlier report said that he had said he had put the gun (medicine bag) in his checked luggage when he left BKK and it was found in his carry on bag in Japan.

There was a photo somewhere from a CCTV camera at the airport in Thailand of him putting his carry on bag on the conveyer leading to an X ray machine.

So two different types of scan or three if you include the body scan that you must pass through.

If the gun had been in his checked luggage in Japan he may have got away with it, whereas if it had been in his carry on bag in BKK it would have been seen as the bag passed through the X ray where the screen is monitored full time.