Unconscious Drunk Driver causes traffic chaos in North Pattaya

Lite Beer

Unconscious Drunk Driver causes traffic chaos in North Pattaya

drunk-1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- On Friday Morning there was traffic chaos on the North Pattaya Road as a drunk driver fell asleep at the wheel of his car which was positioned across both lanes of the Beach-bound carriageway.

Traffic Police Officers spend 1 hour trying to revive Khun Konchai aged 24 in his White Toyota Vios. It was then decided their only option was to call a locksmith and break into the vehicle, which was then towed-away.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/201570/unconscious-drunk-driver-causes-traffic-chaos-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-27

They should confiscate his car on the spot and revoke his drivers license, its only a matter of time before he hurt/kills somebody drunk driving.

Ohh, I forgot, this is Thailand so he will be back next weekend, so watch out for a white Toyota viros been driven erratically, Khun Konchai is back in Town.

I do hope he can be locked up until Monday when the judge can decide if a bit longer is necessary.

Did I read some where that Pattaya police where now locking drunk drivers up for a month minumum ????

This would be a good example ! ........

They should confiscate his car on the spot and revoke his drivers license, its only a matter of time before he hurt/kills somebody drunk driving.

Ohh, I forgot, this is Thailand so he will be back next weekend, so watch out for a white Toyota viros been driven erratically, Khun Konchai is back in Town.

If he hasnt already!

Just had to laugh at this bit in the Pattaya One article:

A Police Volunteer at the station, Khun Sorapong aged 38, recognized the man who was a regular visitor at the station as he would regularly require assistance in finding his car. He would forget where he left his car due to his intoxication but would normally not drive himself home in such a state and would normally take a Taxi.

Only in Thailandbiggrin.png

Blimey now you have to watch out for all the erratically driven white Vios's in Pattaya, what about the black ones and the grey ones and then the Hondas and Tunas etc. Anyone would think it was fun driving here!

Call a locksmith???? i can think of far quicker ways!

I am a locksmith... in this instance I think I would use your method... it is the quickest. tongue.png

On a more serious note... how did they know he was drunk, the distinction between intoxication and a diabetic emergency can easily be blurred, in such a situation the casualty should be treated as a medical emergency and all police should have first aid training that includes diagnosis and first responder treatment, popping a window would be well justified.

P.S.

Q. How do they know he was a drunk and not in a diabetic coma?

A. He was still alive an hour later when they finally got in the vehicle.

Edited by Basil B

Only in Thailand, call a locksmith. Who paid the bill? Smash the window, drag his butt out check him for all of you concern citizens and lock his ass up for months. Sell the car. Is there any excuses I haven't heard yet from a Thai. I beep my horn at a drunk Thai in a pickup truck in SiSaKet who was waiting for his buddy with more beer from the 7-11 where they blocked 2 lanes of traffic.

He got out of the car kicked in my right door and I tried to get out an several Thai's blocked my smashed door so I couldn't exit, finally the cops came, and yea I was told to go and nothing happen to him Thai kindness.

Treat drunks with kitten gloves, what a joke.

Only in Thailand, call a locksmith. Who paid the bill? Smash the window, drag his butt out check him for all of you concern citizens and lock his ass up for months. Sell the car. Is there any excuses I haven't heard yet from a Thai. I beep my horn at a drunk Thai in a pickup truck in SiSaKet who was waiting for his buddy with more beer from the 7-11 where they blocked 2 lanes of traffic.

He got out of the car kicked in my right door and I tried to get out an several Thai's blocked my smashed door so I couldn't exit, finally the cops came, and yea I was told to go and nothing happen to him Thai kindness.

Picking a fight with drunks isn't too smart either.

Crikey, I have only been to Pattaya once and the same thing happened then on the 2nd road(?). Bloke was comatose at the wheel and couldn't be woken up. I'm sure I saw something on here about yet another not so long ago. Seems this is a place that might benefit from a huge crackdown on DD

Picking a fight with drunks isn't too smart either.

He wasn't trying to pick a fight. The guy who kicked his door was picking a fight. Simply drive down the road wait for the truck to pass, follow it, choose your timing, Black balaclava and a large base ball bat and bobs your uncle.

I do hope he can be locked up until Monday when the judge can decide if a bit longer is necessary.

Did I read some where that Pattaya police where now locking drunk drivers up for a month minumum ????

Pattaya Police is busy checking Driving Licence for Motorcycle. What a waste of Time, they pull me out almost every Day, but could not issue a single Ticket because I have a valid Licence :-)

Edited by AG1

I have not heard that, I did hear they were being locked up over the weekend until Monday court, an unpleasant but deserved experience.

Pattaya Police is busy checking Driving Licence for Motorcycle. What a waste of Time, they pull me out almost every Day, but could not issue a single Ticket because I have a valid Licence :-)

You should change your route, you must be on a fruitful one. Used to be I was frequently stopped either on Sukhumvit heading South after Klang, or the railway line bypass near Nong khet Yai Rd... but it has been quiet for a good while. Tunnel work has driven them elsewhere perhaps?

Edited by jacko45k

Why try for an hour to revive this waste of space?

20 seconds, and a night stick to break the window, haul his ass out, and a quick " mind your head " - Oops - sorry, as they throw him in the car for a journey to the local bang up.

Pattaya - a family resort town

Is PUI illegal in Thailand?

No. She and her husband were here just a few months ago. Did some promotional work on the DUI problem.

(Parking under the influence - no such thing as far as I'm aware.)

In the UK there is an offence of Drunk In Charge, that is you are not driving but for instance be sleeping it off in the vehicle, technically you only need car keys in your possession.

It is also an offence to be drunk in charge off:

• a bicycle
  • a horse
  • a boat
  • a plane
  • a train
  • a heard of cattle
  • a child under 7 years old
  • oneself (being drunk in public place is an offence)
  • (and so on)

On the public highway or public place. (“Public place” includes any highway and any other premises or place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise).

Is PUI illegal in Thailand?

No. She and her husband were here just a few months ago. Did some promotional work on the DUI problem.

(Parking under the influence - no such thing as far as I'm aware.)

In the UK there is an offence of Drunk In Charge, that is you are not driving but for instance be sleeping it off in the vehicle, technically you only need car keys in your possession.

It is also an offence to be drunk in charge off:

• a bicycle
  • a horse
  • a boat
  • a plane
  • a train
  • a heard of cattle
  • a child under 7 years old
  • oneself (being drunk in public place is an offence)
  • (and so on)

On the public highway or public place. (“Public place” includes any highway and any other premises or place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise).

Yet more nonsense referencing to uk .

Your in Thailand man, who gives a dam about what goes on in the uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1zgarz5.gif