Camronwit's gun found to be unregistered

Lite Beer

Wow , this is a turn for the worst First of all a person Lying about the registration of the gun and suppose to bring the rego papers to Japan and then someone said that he did not take the gun from Thailand to Japan,,,,,So what does the culprit has to say?? Nothing ? Does he think that this is going to blow over?Why not come clean and face it like a man,,Oh sorry Can't lose face,,He was a very important Police person,,What a laugh he will for sure lose more than face now 5555

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see what difference the registration has to do with carrying the gun onboard a plane leaving Japan. Don't get the big issue.

He's a gangster, he has gangstery things. He's a fool. Safest place for us to put him is in jail.

Remember he stated aparently that he held the registration of the gun and the paperwork was on its way with his son...it now turns out it's not registered at all..allegedly .that makes him more in the poo..so that throws into question everything else he's been saying..been not registered means it's not traceable therefore more in the poo...what's he doing with a unregistered gun and where did he get it from...remember Swampy are saying it didn't go through there..in my view it did by the way...so it does have big relevance..but I do agree with you the safest place is in jail and I would imagine there only to decide how long !!

Given all of the above, can't help but wonder about his professionalism and the accuracy, etc., regarding the decisions he made whilst he was the Bkk top cop. And whether those souls concerned got justice.

One could also wonder, in regard to his past decisions, how much he really knows about the law, etc.

One thing that can be assumed, he didn't get the Bkk top cop job on the basis on displayed superior knowledge and displayed superior performance.

This is a godsend for AOT and the Transport Minister, " see, the gun isn't linked to Thailand so he couldn't have been carrying it when he passed through Swampy so our scanners and the experts who man them are fully vindicated. "

The same thing occurred to me....not registered in Thailand, ergo it couldn't have come through swampy according to AOT laugh.png

That's a argument ,or change of story they might try, but then surely he has a bigger problem if he goes down that route..okay so now your saying it didn't come from Thailand so where and who did you get it from in Japan and how did you 'forget' it was in your luggage..he's f***** ..serve him and BiB right..more of the same please..also..Arabic numbers and English indicating where the gun was sold...!! Dubai anyone?

Arabic numbers are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - As far as I know their are used most of the time in the Western world as well.

They're not mate. They have their own

BP says BIB are checking the old hand-written gun registration records(pre 2009) to see if there was a mistake in transferring to the digital database. Finding that the gun was registered but lost in transfer would be miraculous, if not actually a surprise.

If they come to the conclusion that the permit was somehow overlooked when they were transferred to the digital database, they then have to make the argument that someone forgot to engrave or stamp the Thai serial number on the gun. Whereas a Thai prosecutor might have no difficulty in believing this, the Japanese are unlikely to believe that two 1 in 10,000++ errors could have happened with the same gun. The system of Thai serial numbers goes back much further than 2009.

Another problem is going to be that the current model of the NNA .22 magnum Sidewinder only started production in 2012. The previous model was not called a Sidewinder, as the cylinder didn't swing out and had to be removed completely to load it. Therefore it looks quite different. In addition the year of production can be determined from the US serial number.

There also seems to be some suggestion that the Thai authorities might attempt to extradite him to face charges in Thailand in the hope that the Japanese would drop their charges and let the Thais deal with him in their own way for his series of honest mistakes. This also seems futile as the Japanese would surely say they are welcome to extradite him once his has finished his sentence over there for what could be construed as an attempt at air piracy. In fact they would compulsorily deport him back to Thailand. That would assume that he is still alive by then and the Thai statute of limitations has not expired.

So if what your saying is correct and I have no reason whatsoever to doubt you that would put the latest story about the paper records and not being recorded properly as another lie..apparently digital records started from 2009 and you reckon the gun is from 2012 at the earliest so they seem to be going to great lengths to try and get him off the hook...all interesting stuff though.

IMHO those members that have some awareness of Japanese law and specifically Japanese very strong laws about guns and the severe restrictions on the public having/owning guns, and the reasons why these strict laws exist will not be surprised if he gets a pretty strong punishment. Further, I very much doubt the Japanese will have any interest in him or Thailand saving face.

I doubt the current Thai goverment will be trying to influence what happens to him.

This is the ex police chief who went abroad to meet up with fugitive Thaksin and was pictured in all the press having a medal pinned on his chest.

Am I missing something here, what is all the fuss and nonsense about this weapon being registered in Thailand, I see no reason what so ever for the Japanese police given one though to Thai registration, absolutely nothing to do with him trying to take it on a plane departing Japan.

As he enters his eighth day locked up I read that his gun serial number does not match any of the 600 of type registered in Thailand. No big shock there as I wonder how many guns are held illegally in Thailand.

Elsewhere I read the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs say they are offering help to secure his release.

I think they are facing an uphill battle on this one.

An illegally held loaded gun in your luggage takes more than just a few words in the right ear to rectify.

It apprears his previous senior status has done nothing to expedite the legal process in Tokyo.

Edited by Jay Sata

I don't wish to be too rude and probably I should read the rest of the posts before I write this. But you must know an eclectic selection of Dumbo's.

Almost every body in the world knows that 1,2,3,4, etc are always known as Arabic numerals. As apposed to Roman Numerals, Thai/Chinese/Japanes/Korean/etc characters.

Also, the chances of this well known but small American gun manufacturer producing pistols with real Arabic numerals (which would be known a Arabic numeric characters) as used in Arabish Chat languages must be very close to less than zero.

The vast majority of people who read this post simply understood that the gun had serial numbers and who cares. He was trying to carry a loaded gun onto a

plane. No excuses at all for that. Put him away for lots of years (say 10, or X, or IV or better yet haha)

NB if it was an AK it would stand a good chance of having Cyrillic characters stamped on the receiver, But it wernt.

"NB if it was an AK it would stand a good chance of having Cyrillic characters stamped on the receiver, But it wernt."

Not if it was a Kalashnikov AK made in Pennsylvania, USA. Kalashnikov is the name of the Russian guy who originally designed the gun. Link

Most AK's we know about are made in Russia and E. Europe - what we call com block countries.

The OP gun is no doubt an American manufactured gun with English and our common numbers on it.

I am aware of different AK manufacturers, thats why it says "most likely" never can be sure, for sure, but your last para is for sure. Of course Chinese AKs are differently marked again. But we are as usual on TV digressing (its iresistable). Lock up the cop.

I have just flipped through all the posts again and now I appreciate that this was the cop who went to visit Thaksin, so its clearly just a case of the generals cleaning house again. Slipping a gun in his bag is cheaper than moving him to an inactive post. Still you would have thought he might have noticed his wash bag was a bit heavier than normal. Maybe Japanese shaving cream is heavier.

'The gun was found in his medication bag'

Well, doesn't that say it all ? Guns are what these guys use to deal with their health problems.

Edited by Yann55

I have just flipped through all the posts again and now I appreciate that this was the cop who went to visit Thaksin, so its clearly just a case of the generals cleaning house again. Slipping a gun in his bag is cheaper than moving him to an inactive post. Still you would have thought he might have noticed his wash bag was a bit heavier than normal. Maybe Japanese shaving cream is heavier.

Conspiracy policy of the Thaksin apologist. As he admitted he found the gun in Japan, and he is now charged for his actions after that, how did his "enemies" affect his free will? Because there was any number of more intelligent actions that he could have taken.

Can anyone see him getting off with this with out doing jail time?

If Thailand, maybe. Because it's Japan, Japan will lose the respect of the world if they let this potential airline hijacker off. Japan can not be seen as corrupt or soft on international crime or act in any way that would jeopardize Japan's reputation for commitment to air safety. Many Western countries wouldn't be so hard on him as Japan will be because Japan doesn't want to lose face. This is my opinion.

Here's a list of potential charges (just in Japan): Smuggling a gun and ammunition into Japan (confessed from his own mouth), possession of a gun and ammunition without legal permission while in Japan, attempting to pass through Japanese airport security with a loaded gun with intention to bring it on board a commercial passenger plane, and then, maybe, add the word 'unregistered' to each of those charges. Any one of those charges could net him a sentence that would keep him in prison until he is an old man. My guess is that if they go easy on him (easy by Japanese standards) he will get 15 years, spend five of them in a Japanese prison and then, under a common agreement, allow Kamronwit to serve the last ten years in a Thai prison. At a certain point, his friends will see him as a liability and pretend they never heard of him. “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.” John Wayne

If he were an ordinary Somchai, I could maybe feel sorry for him for he is in deep poo.

No need to slip it into his bag. People like this guy are arrogant villagers with a badge. Fitting him up would be too easy

Conspiracy policy of the Thaksin apologist. As he admitted he found the gun in Japan, and he is now charged for his actions after that, how did his "enemies" affect his free will? Because there was any number of more intelligent actions that he could have taken.

Trolling is such fun on a slow night.

If Thailand, maybe. Because it's Japan, Japan will lose the respect of the world if they let this potential airline hijacker off. Japan can not be seen as corrupt or soft on international crime or act in any way that would jeopardize Japan's reputation for commitment to air safety. Many Western countries wouldn't be so hard on him as Japan will be because Japan doesn't want to lose face. This is my opinion.

Here's a list of potential charges (just in Japan): Smuggling a gun and ammunition into Japan (confessed from his own mouth), possession of a gun and ammunition without legal permission while in Japan, attempting to pass through Japanese airport security with a loaded gun with intention to bring it on board a commercial passenger plane, and then, maybe, add the word 'unregistered' to each of those charges. Any one of those charges could net him a sentence that would keep him in prison until he is an old man. My guess is that if they go easy on him (easy by Japanese standards) he will get 15 years, spend five of them in a Japanese prison and then, under a common agreement, allow Kamronwit to serve the last ten years in a Thai prison. At a certain point, his friends will see him as a liability and pretend they never heard of him. Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. John Wayne

If he were an ordinary Somchai, I could maybe feel sorry for him for he is in deep poo.

This guy has played the game for a long time keeping on the right side of people who matter hence the meeting with Thaksin and the soft touch with the Red Bull kid.

His arrogance and lack of global experience plus the humility needed as a foreigner in other countries has caught up with him.

When I was at school we learned the Hindu-Arabic numberals and the Roman numerals. I learnt to count to one million in one and M in the other! biggrin.png

It's been an amusing thread. rolleyes.gif

Here's a list of potential charges (just in Japan): Smuggling a gun and ammunition into Japan (confessed from his own mouth), possession of a gun and ammunition without legal permission while in Japan, attempting to pass through Japanese airport security with a loaded gun with intention to bring it on board a commercial passenger plane, and then, maybe, add the word 'unregistered' to each of those charges. Any one of those charges could net him a sentence that would keep him in prison until he is an old man. My guess is that if they go easy on him (easy by Japanese standards) he will get 15 years, spend five of them in a Japanese prison and then, under a common agreement, allow Kamronwit to serve the last ten years in a Thai prison. At a certain point, his friends will see him as a liability and pretend they never heard of him. Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. John Wayne

This guy has played the game for a long time keeping on the right side of people who matter hence the meeting with Thaksin and the soft touch with the Red Bull kid.

His arrogance and lack of global experience plus the humility needed as a foreigner in other countries has caught up with him.

Yesterday there was the reemergence of an earlier interview with this guy and he spoke about his love for hand guns and he mentioned that he had several and he mentioned he had used them before on several occasions.

Are they all registered?

Yesterday there was the reemergence of an earlier interview with this guy and he spoke about his love for hand guns and he mentioned that he had several and he mentioned he had used them before on several occasions.

Are they all registered?

Are they all registered?

In the interview, which was I think from 2011, he referred to the .22 magnum NAA piece he was caught with and also spoke with affection about .357 magnum he had used in a famous police raid in Supan Buri during the war on drugs. I think this may have been the notorious one that ended with 9 suspects dead lying face down on the floor of a house after journalists claimed they had tried to surrender. He said he liked the .22 magnum because he could carry on his belt in a case that made people think it was a mobile phone (but didn't fool the Japanese). He also said it was accurate out to 100 metres which sounds highly unlikely for a tiny belly gun designed for use up to 7 yards max, although the .22 magnum cartridges are certainly accurate at that range when fired from a rifle. Anyway the interview makes clear that he was in the habit of carrying an unregistered gun on his person. Presumably he thought that he was above the law, so there was no point in buying a taxed gun and registering it.

This is a godsend for AOT and the Transport Minister, " see, the gun isn't linked to Thailand so he couldn't have been carrying it when he passed through Swampy so our scanners and the experts who man them are fully vindicated. "

Your post about the "efficient security" made me laugh and remember a time when I once took the wrong bag at the baggage carousel and did not realize it until I returned to my hotel. So I brought it back and was going to explain to the guard to the baggage area what happened, but he was asleep. So I got the correct bag and walked past him - still asleep.

A Thai friend told me that he was alleged to have had a reprisals policy when he was stationed in the Deep South - 5 muslim 'kaeks' to be murdered at random for every policeman killed by the insurgents. Hitler would have been proud of such a policy of racial violence.

The Japanese need to give him a long enough sentence to ensure it will be a long time before he is eligible to be returned to Thailand to be freed complete his sentence at home.

Thai social media is now abuzz with cartoons and posts naming his alleged famous mia noi, a former politician, and conspiracy theories that he might have been set up by someone who disliked him or her or both.

Edited by Dogmatix

Saw in the news today, the Toyota communication chief who was arrested for allegedly illegally mailing oxycodone into Japan a) remains in custody still, and b] has now resigned from her position at Toyota.

The news article says Japanese prosecutors are supposed to decide what to do with her case before sometime next week. Be interesting to see what becomes of her and our local policeman...and which one gets a prosecution decision first.

I think your rather vivid imagination is blown by the fact that Kamronwit admitted to taking the gun with him from Thailand to Japan on his outbound trip.. But, nice try anyway....from the apologist camp.